Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 19, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Howleytronix
Getting Excited

Orlando International Airport Closing Monday 2nd September

So MCO is closing at 06:00 American time on Monday due to Hurricane Dorian. I’m supposed to be flying in on Monday, so this isn’t happening now. It’s 4am and all I can do is lie here and wonder what will happen. I called on Thursday and they were doubtful I’d be able to change my dates due to capacity and apparently a 1 Bed Villa in OKW is ‘hot commodity’. I’m staying 3 weeks so may have to spend the last few days at a different resort, hoping they only have a bungalow at the Poly available 😂.
I’ve just duplicated ADRs made for my first 4 days, and tagged them on to the end. Can’t do this with my FPs though unfortunately. I will have lost my Bubble seats too (Dibbers Row both ways).
Oh well, worse things can happen, I think it’s the ‘unknown’ that makes it worse? Plus I’ve booked eyelashes, nails and a spray tan at 9am which is exactly when WDTC open to phone and sort this out. Plus I’ll now be going to work on Monday with skin a dark shade of mahogany.
Hope everyone effected gets their flights and stay sorted, and if you are already in Disney enjoy the storm, try not to worry, when you are staying on site they look after you really well. And stay in the park as long as possible the day before, most Americans will leave the area so that the parks are empty. In 2017 before Irma we had Epcot to ourselves and did Soarin’ 4 times in a row, it was great!
Stay safe!

Edited at 04:14 AM.
Howleytronix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

I was just going to post this... we are supposed to fly home Monday evening, I have no idea what will happen, will have to contact virgin in morning as they have not been in touch at all, found this out myself! Their website says they will get in touch directly when they have plans in place, but they were supposed to email me this afternoon with an update and didn't.
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Howleytronix
Getting Excited

Hope you get sorted, it’s a shame because you might end up with an extra few days but it’s not as if you can do fun stuff! Also hope you don’t spend a lot of your holiday on the phone to them trying to sort it out, Holiday time is sacred! Good luck! I’m also a Laura!
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

@howley, it may be worth contacting Disney about the FPs. On an American site someone mentioned that they spoke to Disney when their trip was postponed and their FPs were moved to an alternative date.
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
I was just going to post this... we are supposed to fly home Monday evening, I have no idea what will happen, will have to contact virgin in morning as they have not been in touch at all, found this out myself! Their website says they will get in touch directly when they have plans in place, but they were supposed to email me this afternoon with an update and didn't.
To be fair to virgin they wouldn't have been aware of the airport closing as the decision wasn't,made until about 9pm our time
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Howleytronix
Getting Excited

Thanks I will...just need to wait until 9am when I can speak to someone!
I’m worried because one year we had to switch from WL to AKL and every single FP was wiped and they couldn’t get them back. It was 2014 though so things may have improved since then and it’s definately worth a try.
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy0502
Excited about Disney

Watching this ourselves as we are due to fly home Tuesday evening but nothing from Virgin either
Andy0502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
LisaJB
Gone all Goofy

same here - due to fly Monday, i've been awake all night - no phone no's open to contact anyoe, I bet it'll be chaos at 9. If i can get through at all
LisaJB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Virgin have updated their travel info but until they know more it's difficult for them to make a decision, if Dorian changes direction the airport may open quickly but if not then flights may be cancelled.

We still have the option to rebook for a later date though
Old 31 Aug 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The storm is moving east and looks unlikely to hit Florida now. I would expect the airport to review their decision to close.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread