Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 31 Jul 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not a big shopping fan but when I go I like to browse, try things on, have a leisurely coffee or two - with the current restrictions I have no interest in going at all. When I do need anything it will probably be online shopping or a quick trip to one specific shop.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve been out twice since lockdown started absolutely hated it I’m not a big shopper here
But I’ll go if I need something
It will be online when possible for me for some time
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad it’s not just me then, it used to be our Friday thing. Myself and my sister went shopping and lunch, I was sweating so much it was burning my eyes
It was a nightmare
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I still like shopping but obviously won’t spend too long browsing now as I can’t stand wearing a mask☹️ I was in the Bank today & the cashier asked for ID, showed her my driving license, then she said I know you don’t I & asked me to pull my mask down 🤣🤣🤣 Then said yes of course I do, no one can see expressions anymore either 🙄
As soon as I’m out of the store the mask comes off

Southend High Street was very busy today, probably all heading to that safe place “ THE BEACH “ where they can all social distance 😉🏖😎

Edited at 07:33 PM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Sandra your post has just reminded me Pandora are doing 3 for the price of 2 for the next couple of days. So that’s more online shopping for me this weekend!

I think shops need to boost their air con up massively if they want people in now they have to wear masks. We had to pop to b&q earlier this week, it was dire with the heat!

It was much more bearable in a mask in Tesco as it was cooler.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have been out for school stuff this week as we are back full time the week after next and tbh didn’t find it that bad. The kids aren’t bothered in the slightest by wearing masks in the shops and my daughters still enjoy a wander with their friends around Primark etc.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

No but i stopped enjoying it before covid, people got in my way, no idea of personal space, it was too noisy. I do my full food shop in less than 1 hour now, thats including travel time as well. Im quick with all the shopping i need to do.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I've done my first full shift today it was awful we've extended our opening hours as we've gone into sale and it's been busy, not normal busy but compared to last few weeks noticeably busier, hottest day of year and I've had a mask on all day, we are allowed extra drinks I've drunk that much water I'm surprised I haven't got a hump on my back. With how people are shopping today it was like everything was back to normal, apart from the masks and social distancing... just shows even in all this madness people still like to shop, me I'm only in the shop cos I get paid to be there, I'm in no rush to shop right now. We opened our fitting rooms last week that's made a difference but it's a double edged sword, people are limited to three items at a time and then that stuff that's tried on and not bought is quarantined for 72 hours so then you can be limited sizes of stock on your department, it's just the way it is I suppose but I've already noticed we cannot fulfil a sale as we don't have the size available on the shopfloor.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I feel your pain Sandra because Mrs MH won't go shopping even to Sainsburys.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

No, I no longer go shopping unless I have to and then it's a quick visit only!. I used to enjoy a slow walk around, picking things up, trying things on, searching for presents for people. Now with masks which I hate ( but wear), queues etc I just don't feel it anymore. Only shop I go to now is m&s food and a click and collect at supermarket.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List