Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 19 Sep 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Christmas is sorted

Now it not maybe our normal Christmas the gift shopping is done cards and wrapping paper bought January before evennlock down
Dinner sorted rib roast in the freezer as are the Aldi Yorkshire’s the alternative veg ie tinned peas sweet corn put away starter ie prawns salmon etc in the freezer every thing for soup ie veg / stock base made+and frozen
Duchess potatoes made and frozen
and you know what every other year but this one I’d have been that perfect wife mother etc etc if I’d been so sorted this year absolute no smug feelings as-I sit back and others fret and that# not that nice either
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Dare I say I enjoy it the stress of making the ‘perfect’ Christmas dinner?! This is something I can’t see myself cutting back on. But ask me in another 20 years 😂
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We even have a practice run of Christmas dinner around October time, we like this meal so much.
I have always struggled with the idea of only enjoying it once a year.

We even have crackers (we always pick up enough in January for both Christmas Dinners, Oct and December).

Turkey Crown, Cranberry Sauce, Pigs, etc etc .. exactly as on December 25.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

We're getting our meat joints next week to freeze, just in case! Not sure if it'll be 3 or 5 of us for Christmas yet but plan to have just a normal Sunday roast.
Not going to buy sweet/savoury treats either this year. I'd normally buy mint creams, chocolate biscuits, 1 tub of chocolates, biscuits for cheese, Pringles etc. I really struggled to lose the extra weight after last Christmas, not worth it!

I always buy cards and paper in January too, going to make my crackers this year with a kit that got cheaply.

Started buying some pressies now, always a busy time because we have all our birthdays running up to Christmas. Been to a few local places to get things in case they get closed due to covid restrictions. Need to find my Christmas Book and start writing my lists! 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Im defeosting/clearing out freezer this week, just want to fill it with basics and christmas dinner-just in case! Already got some presents, but DD shifting between child/teenage this year so going to be strange not so many toys!

Waiting for Argos to have some sort of toy sale for nephews stuff!

Then family secret santa and then all done!

Edited at 08:43 AM.
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well our flights home to Australia have now been cancelled by the airline so I will have to start getting ready for Christmas in the UK. I have made loads of decorations and will be stocking up on freezer bits over the coming weeks as well. I love the idea of a practice Christmas dinner Cornishfrogboy so I may have to steal that one from you! Just need to call the fireplace people (chimney sweep) to make sure we can use the fireplace over Christmas 🎄
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Looked at the dried fruit for the Christmas cake when I was in Tesco. Didn’t get any as I wasn’t sure exactly what I need but will check it out and get it next time.
Can’t do anything about the dinner as it will depend on restrictions- may just be DH & me for the 1st time ever😢.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I think a lot of people will be now planning 'a just in case Christmas' at the moment due to Covid sadly.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My best friends son has CF, she has two other boys as well so as a family of 5 she is planning a Christmas for just them (she usually has 3 other family members over). Just in case one her family members have to isolate which generally causes a domino effect she is stocking her freezer up, buying Christmas presents & treats etc
She is almost finished 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We are planning a just in case Christmas but with twin grandchildren being born next month hope it does not come down to just the two of us. Am being hopeful as dh is out today have made my puddings, mincemeat and the cake is in the oven. A practice meal in October sounds a great idea and think will try it out.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List