Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Sep 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Disney FP not staying on site

I know things are much different to previous years holidays and possibly our holiday next Aug won't happen but I'm just planning on it happening and Disney being back to some normality.

We're not staying on site but doing Disney which then got me thinking about FP booking at the 30 day mark. There's gonna be 5 of us, are the FP for the big things practically impossible to get due to the on site guests snapping them up in previous years?

I know it's gonna be different next year with booking your days at each park but that could be aborted at any moment once things go back "normal" and by Aug I would guess there's gonna be lots of on site people booking the FP slots way before us.

I'm trying to convince everyone to hang fire with Disney then stay on site in 2022. It's mega expensive for what u get for 2021 plus what u don't get ie free dining although it may never come back?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

You ask “are” the onsite guests snapping up fastpasses for the big things. Well no, because there are currently no fast passes.

When fastpasses are reintroduced with the 60 day and 30 day booking windows, then I would expect it the same as in previous years, i.e. it will be hard to get some things at 30 days.

So my logic would be the opposite to yours, as an off-site visitor I think you stand a more equal chance of getting on the big rides in 2021 when it is less likely that there will be a fast pass system in place versus 2022.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You ask “are” the onsite guests snapping up fastpasses for the big things. Well no, because there are currently no fast passes.

When fastpasses are reintroduced with the 60 day and 30 day booking windows, then I would expect it the same as in previous years, i.e. it will be hard to get some things at 30 days.

So my logic would be the opposite to yours, as an off-site visitor I think you stand a more equal chance of getting on the big rides in 2021 when it is less likely that there will be a fast pass system in place versus 2022.
I think you totally misread what I said cos after the "are", the sentence finishes with in previous years ie before covid.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the 30 day mark on getting FP as we haven't done Disney since 2012 but we were on site then and I don't think they had the on line booking thing as i remember racing to Toy Story feeling proud with my tickets for later. It's really bugging me cos I stress about not getting on the big things and spoiling everyone's holiday

I like your logic but have they said FP won't be introduced back next year cos they'll have to at some stage I would guess?
What is currently happening now in the parks do u know ie is it like the old days of turn up to the tide and line up or if a big line then get a ticket for later kind of thing?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dis88
Trying for More Ears

At the moment there isn’t any form of fast passes available so everyone is waiting in the stand by lines. The parks seems to be getting busier so I expect they might re-introduce the FP system soon ... but that is just a guess!

In terms of being unable to grab the FPs you want at 30 days, I can only speak from my experience the last time I was there (2 days in November 2018 - just 2 of us). I was lucky enough to have my tickets given to me by a Disney employee but that meant I was only able to book my fast passes 7 days in advance.

However, we managed to get on all the biggies. We rope dropped FOP and test track. We went on seven dwarves last thing at night. We queued in the standby line for frozen, soarin and slinky. The most we waited was 90 minutes for slinky.

I managed to grab fast passes for all the mountains in MK and RNR, TOT in DHS before we went. I also managed to get lots of fast passes on the day! So it’s definitely possible to do all the big attractions if you have the flexibility to rope drop/keep refreshing the app!

Edited at 12:13 PM.
Dis88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Currently there aren't any fastpasses (although I've heard rumours they may be reintroduced after January as they are increasing the park capacity) but I do know some of the big ticket rides, such at FoP and Space Mountain, can be really hard to get at the 30 day mark. Although I will say whenever I have gone I have always been able to get fastpasses on the day! I was able to ride FoP 5 times in 1 day last year! 1 of those fast passes was a pre-booked one, a second was a DAS pass but the other 3 were literally from just grabbing them from the app!

Would highly suggest just refreshing the app multiple times throughout the day, it really does work

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
I think you totally misread what I said cos after the "are", the sentence finishes with in previous years ie before covid.
I did not misread, you definitely asked if fastpasses “are” getting snapped up, to me “are” refers to the current tense. If you had said “were” I would have understood what you were asking better. Anyway sorry I was genuinely confused but tried to answer as best I could and hope I answered your question anyway (i.e. yes onsite guests will snap up fastpasses for the very popular rides).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies guys.
I've never done the 60 or 30 day thing so just trying to get a feeler for it as going in Aug so will be busy and there's 5 of us.

Part of me thinks/hope's lots will hold back going to Disney but we all know that's not happening lol. It'll be a tsunami of Brits going once flights start back.

I'd hate to fork out a fortune and not get on the big rides although it does sound promising via the app on the day.

Decisions decisions. More I think on it the more harder it gets.
Old 28 Sep 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Until Disney say anything about fast passes coming back it's pointless even thinking about it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Until Disney say anything about fast passes coming back it's pointless even thinking about it.
Of course it's not.
Fastpass will be back (I'm willing to bet you on that lol) and will, for many, amongst other things, be a massive part of deciding on where they stay and what they do. When there's big families/numbers in the group then fastpass slots can be very hard to get and therefore an on site stay is a big bonus for the 60 day booking. Disney know this is a big draw to on site stays amongst other perks so we all know it'll be back once a certain phase or whatever is needed is reached in Florida in this World fight against this virus.

Yes Disney haven't said if or when FP will be back as they have more pressing things to take care of presently BUT I'm just finding out people's past experiences with it as I'm looking ahead thinking it could very likely be back by next Aug. But who knows.

Same as character meet & greets, certain restaurants closed, certain resorts closed. People are planning ahead for them opening again and going to them.

On that basis are you not looking at flights etc as they aren't allowing us holidaymakers in the USA at the moment? They haven't given a date yet when they will so why look for flights?!

We're on lockdown in South Wales at the moment so should I stop all planning the holiday as they haven't said when it's finishing?

You've got to be positive looking ahead and planning with some assumptions/hopes and trying to be as safe as we all can.
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My personal thoughts are that FP will be back at some point. Disney spent a fortune on MDE in order to introduce the FP system, magic bands etc so I can’t see them abandoning entirely. Whether it comes back the same set up as before is anyone’s guess.

I do think Disney will need to do something to attract guests onsite though. At the moment there is no incentive other than location and Disney transport there are other hotels that are cheaper that offer great locations and access to Disney transport - Swan and Dolphin come to mind.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List