Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Aug 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Here now and must admit that I won’t be rushing back. It’s felt like the magic has gone for me. I hope in years to come I will want to come back but for now I’m looking forward to booking trips with a short flight, no jet lag and relaxation.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Interesting thread. This year was our 8th consecutive visit to Orlando, having done Disney every year. This was our 1st year staying onsite with the free DDP (for 5 days), before moving to a villa for 16 days. I don’t know whether it was costing the “value” of the free DDP, but this year really hit home at what a money making machine it is. After our onsite stay, we only visited the parks twice (had to cancel FPs we’d made for the entire trip), as none of us were bothered with going. We did enjoy the water parks though.

When we were talking about the best bits of the holiday, Disney parks didn’t feature (Old Key West did though). We’ve decided to do Universal next year, as we haven’t been for a few years, but will give WDW a miss.

I think a break from WDW will do us good, and hopefully by 2021 there will be new things to do.
Old 27 Aug 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

No, wish I had!
I’m like an obsessed lover/stalker
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I love America and always mix it up. For years we came without kids to Florida, and never went near Orlando apart from flying in. I like staying in Disney but intersperse it with a road trip and have been to 26 States. Next year we are traveling LA, Vegas (not a fan but kids want to see and we are doing a day trip to Grand Canyon) then to New Orleans, then driving to Panama City, before possibly finishing off a few nights in OKW.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We haven’t been able to afford to go since 2014 but I don’t see how you can say there is nothing new or exciting since then?
By that I meant we simply weren’t in awe as we had been to the point if been here seen that now what else is there to see.

We haven’t been to Disney ( yet only planning on Epcot) but for us the draw isn’t there like it used to be.

We thought after 5 years we’d feel different but it soon became apparent it didn’t seem like 5 years had elapsed at all.

We were spoilt on an amazing road trip in 2017 of California, Nevada and Arizona.

Hopefully on our road trip next week it’ll feel like that but I think fir a number of years we’ll visit elsewhere until the draw of Florida pulls us back again.

It’s a shame as we’d planned to buy a villa out here but that is off the table too.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We haven’t been able to afford to go since 2014 but I don’t see how you can say there is nothing new or exciting since then? Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land, new fireworks shows, new restaurants, Disney Springs completely transformed...? Lots that we want to see but it takes us at least 5 years to save up each time.

Next year we are hoping to do Tokyo (4 days in Tokyo itself and 4 days in Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea. Really excited about that.
We haven’t been to Disney and will only be visiting Epcot when we do. The things you’ve mentioned don’t appeal at all, staying on site would be our nightmare holiday. We like to see places away from the parks.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I'm the other way round. With a 21 year gap between my trip last year and the previous one I'm now in love with it I went twice in the 1990s then decided there was a big world out there, well Europe anyway in my case!, and it's only last year I decided to start going to Orlando again.
We are fortunate to be a well travelled family, I was the only one to have previously visited several times. However our 3rd visit and we want more, we loved our CA road trip so perhaps that is our way not parks.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We're just back from 4 nights/3 days at the Californian Disney Parks and found it really refreshing. We felt like we had back in 1998 on our first visit to Florida.

We had queues of less than 20 minutes for many rides, traditional fast passes and just turned up for fireworks/Fantasmic/parades and got a reasonable views with just a 5/10 minute wait.

We might just have been lucky but it was more magical than our last Florida trip in 2014 which had to be planned months in advance.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Not fallen out of love with it at all but we have discovered California and Vegas. Oh my word- love it but unfortunately, can't afford to do that every year. Our Californian road trip was a very welcome change of scenery to Florida. When we go to Orlando now, we only go for a week to ten days and are very selective in what we want to do. Next year will probably be our last for a few years as we want to start exploring other areas of America.
Exactly this.
Our Ds would prefer to return to Lv and SF.
Our DD would like to see the Far East.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've been going to Orlando for over twenty years (not always doing parks) but since having the boys we've been 17 times and have always done at least one park.
After a 5 year gap (other than one day at Animal Kingdom 2 years ago) we have just come back from doing 3 day Disney hopper with water parks. We all agreed other than HS and BB we were really disappointed and won't be rushing back.
I realise Epcot will soon be going through major changes but there was so little to do there (that we wanted to do I should say). The pavilion where Soaring is looks pretty run down and dated.
The MK was alway my favourite but it also looked very tired and behind the scenes in places where you were queueing there was so much litter and felt quite grubby. Possibly after doing Universal we all agreed the rides in all the parks except TofT were very tame and no longer for us.
It makes me very sad and quite nervous to say we will be looking to go elsewhere next year... gulp... Just don't know where yet as we are really not beach people.
I think Disney will only be in our future when my DSs have kids.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List