Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Aug 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

The day I should have known better!

So yesterday was our 5th day here and we were heading off to Busch gardens.We were running a bit behind as we all slept in.
We needed to fill up on gas on route, so typed in Busch gardens on the sat-nav and away we went.We had just pulled out of Floridays and was routed onto Vineland Ave when I spotted a garage and suggested to DH to fill up now rather than later.DH goes in, pays $30 and fills up.He gets in car and says “that was so quick, that numbers zoomed up!” He then turns on the engine, pulls out of garage and then looks and the gage, it had moved not even a quarter of a tank!We reversed, looked at the pump and the price was 6999 a gallon!We went to the most expensive garage in the whole of Orlando... why didn’t we check before pulling in😫
Arrived at Busch gardens and kids really wanted to do Cobras curse, I am a straight forward roller coaster lover.If it goes straight forward (think space mountain, Big thunder mountain, slinky dog etc) then I am good.Throw in backward, sideways or backwards and sideways and I am guaranteed to be off balance and nauseous for a week😳so, I never ride and always wait outside to watch them on the ride... no not this day.I was feeling extra stupid and decided to give it a go... OMG!I came off and had to just sit for an hour, luckily it was watching the gorillas under a fan... but all I wanted to do was lay down.I felt sooo sick.As a result, we decided to just focus on seeing the animals and try some more rides later, which was the 3rd big mistake of the day as that was when all
rides shut down at around 1.30pm due to weather.We hung around until 4.30pm and then decided to head back to Orlando which is where the 4th big mistake came into play... traffic!Traffic trying to get out of Tampa, traffic all along the I4,traffic everywhere...and a mahoosive storm.I was convinced we were going to be hit by lightning at some point.DH did amazing driving through that crazy storm for nearly 2 1/2 hours.

Anyway, we decided to reward our day with a trip to The Cheesecake Factory on way home.Ordered a Lemon drop cocktail and had completely forgotten that one of these can leave me feeling tipsy (I rarely drink cocktails) so here comes the 5th “should have known better” don’t drink a cocktail guaranteed to make you tipsy on an empty stomach... you will end up drunk and slurring in The Cheesecake Factory! 🥴
Was a Lovely meal and the best end to our “should have known better” day

Edited at 10:00 PM.
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Oh dear, it's funny how all these things seem to happen together. I hope you are feeling better and have had a good day today.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh dear. Sounds like me I always seem to make the wrong decisions ending up in pickles.
Hope next day was better
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Oh dear, it's funny how all these things seem to happen together. I hope you are feeling better and have had a good day today.
Today has been much better, a happily uneventful day at Aquatica.
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

This all sounded like something I would do! Glad your Aquatica day was better
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I feel your pain we almost made the same petrol mistake but realised just in time and the one day we went to Busch in May this year absolutely every ride including trains was shut due to weather and didnt open back up. All we got was a few animals and had to go home soaking ☹
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Every trip we have a day like this. One where you wish you could just start again. I think every journey we’ve ever had back from Busch Gardens has been in a storm or rain, every time! At least your day finished with cheesecake, every cloud 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Oh bless you. What a day
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List