Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

They've been on sale in Fleet and at Fleet station for the last two weeks. Also in the office where I work and the nearby Co-op.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had a box at school. Sold hardly any. Not sure why.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

My local co-op has been selling them. I wear an enamel one and have done for the past couple of years. I noticed the year is on them, I presume to stop people using the same one year after year.
I was in Screwfix at 11am this morning and I thought it was great that they asked everyone to observe the 2 minute silence.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
My great grandfather was killed at the Somme and his body never found so has his name on the Thiepval Memorial. Going there is very emotional. Will be going to the Menin Gates next year
Oh coggie James is remembered on the thiepval memorial we went there yesterday I wish I had known to place a poppy for you! My sil is laying a wreath at the menin gate tonight and we will be up there in the morning for the service. Privilege to be here once more to see old friends and pay our respects.
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I work at W H Smith's in Slough and by Friday our poppies had nearly all sold and the tin was fairly full, the other day one man gave me a £10 note to put in

Today we were at Datchet with our Sea Scouts, Cubs and Beavers, the war memorial is in the center of the village and all the traffic stops and also the planes flying in and out of Heathrow.

On Wednesday our cub evening was about how important to remember the fallen, and the village society have done a pamplet of all the those that were lost during the wars and where they lived

I have worn my poppy with pride all week

Lesley and Melvin
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Funny we have been saying all week how everyone locally is wearing a poppy this year. Our Dog has been wearing hers on her collar and we have seen so many dogs with them on to - the red ones and the purple ones for the Animals of the conflicts.
Watched the Cenotaph this morning and was choked to see the Queen wipe a tear away.
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Just back from the parade at the Cenotaph, at the RAF Club, having a few Sherberts, very emotional day and sadness for colleagues and good mates lost. Never forgotten whilst there are those of us still breathing.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
My great grandfather was killed at the Somme and his body never found so has his name on the Thiepval Memorial. Going there is very emotional. Will be going to the Menin Gates next year
Liking your post didn't seem right Coggie so I'll post my thanks to your great grandfather for his sacrifice and all the others who gave everything for their country. 🌺🙏
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Poppy wearing her poppy 🌺
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I dont always wear a poppy as I have a fairly manual job, it isnt practical. I do have one on my coat and one on my jacket. But they fall off.

No problems getting a poppy, our school has a box on reception, asda, morrisons, aldi all have stalls too.

Paid my respects on Great Gable at the climbing club memorial. Very moving and well attended.

kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List