Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Aug 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Does anyone fall out of love with Orlando?

By Orlando I mean the parks, we were last here in 2014 yet nothing seems new or exciting just the same old...
Maybe we were spoilt in LA I don’t know. In some respects wish we’d booked another holiday but on the plus side at least Orlando is out of my system and I won’t feel pangs if jealousy when I hear others are visiting.lol.
I think we all feel there’s a big wide world and we want to experience other places.
Does anyone else ever feel the same?
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have fallen out of love. Not Florida and most certainly not the USA, just the Parks. They now seem an increasingly overpriced gouging exercise and for us, the fun has gone after 10 amazing vacations since 2005.

We have not gone to Disney on any of our last 5 visits (we did when in California a couple of years back and remained underwhealmed). That has left Seaworld, Busch and the Universal Offerings. This year, they just did not seem to have the same magic and only Discovery Cove felt special. We have simply been too often.
When the boys were asked to pick the three best things that they had done during the Orlando phase of the vacation, they were unanimous..
1. Horse riding at the Lazy H ranch.
2. Rainbow river at Dunellon.
3. Airboat ride with Buffalo Tiger on the Tamiami. (they had previously become bored with Spirit of the Swamp and Boggy Creek).
Discovery Cove came 4th.

Next year it is SFO, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Seattle and Vancouver with not a theme park in sight.

The USA still has loads to offer us and we are planning on..
1. Driving from San Diego to New Orleans over 3 weeks.
2. Visiting Hawaii
3. Possibly Detroit and Chicago before heading down the 66.

The only park that would conceivably figure in the future is another 6 Flags. With this in mind, Orlando is most probably in our past.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:11 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Yes. We are recently back from our first Florida trip that didn’t include Orlando. We didn’t miss Orlando.

We’ve been to Disney and other theme parks on 5 holidays. 4 were pre kids. We felt that we’ve done it now, but never say never. We used to get so excited when we were going and we have great memories.

It’s brilliant that so many still love the area. I appreciate that many go to the area without doing the theme parks and that they have fantastic holidays. It’s just not for us.

Hopefully we will continue to visit Florida and especially other parts of the USA
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I have considered divorcing Orlando, but she holds fond memories for me and my wife going back 30 years. That first morning walking out of the grosvenor resort Lake Buena Vista and the heat hitting us, the lizards, the thick blades of grass was something new to us. We walked to the crossroads into a supermarket that had carpet on the floor. We laughed, we joked, we smiled and even hugged (most of which rarely happens now because we are an old married couple).

Edited at 06:23 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Not fallen out of love so much and fallen in love with other places. There are so many other places to see. Though we do still go regularly to Florida to relax.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Here now and water parks aside we wouldn’t miss it if we didn’t come back - we are having a good time but I wouldn’t be gutted if we never returned. This is our fifth visit and never thought I would say that !
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

It's the same as anywhere, if you visit the same place 5, 6, 10 times, you will fall out with it.
Tho I do know people that go to benidorm every year for past 20 years! Lol
The magic of Orlando is to keep it magic, taking kids on their first trip, seeing their faces, that's the magic.
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We haven’t been able to afford to go since 2014 but I don’t see how you can say there is nothing new or exciting since then?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We haven’t been able to afford to go since 2014 but I don’t see how you can say there is nothing new or exciting since then? Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land, new fireworks shows, new restaurants, Disney Springs completely transformed...? Lots that we want to see but it takes us at least 5 years to save up each time.

Next year we are hoping to do Tokyo (4 days in Tokyo itself and 4 days in Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea. Really excited about that.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Simply yes.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List