Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Jul 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Book next week...

Hi all, don’t know why I’m asking really, as I guess the answer is yes, but why not put it out there...

Anyways, bit of history: so,

We were booked to go at the Easter holidays, Disney Hotel, but well, obviously we didn’t. Bright spark I am, I thought we’d be good to go in early July when our daughter finished summer term (aged 7), and rebooked for then. She manage to do the last few weeks at school, but Disney opened the day after we were due to go, and not the Disney hotel, so it was cancelled for us.

I thought sod it, and called them, and rebooked for next Easter, upgrading to Castle Club, make it special etc.

So, getting on in my oldish age, I’m 50 next week. We were planning a few nights in London, say 4-6 August, nice restaurants, chill a bit etc, or a few nights in the Crown Spa Hotel in Scarborough, which we love, pool, spa, arcades, beech paddle...what’s not to love.

Anyways, whilst drinking the other day, it dawned on me, why not go Disney for a few days... it doesn’t look cheap at the mo, (£1600 for two nights at New Bay, full board on plus, including Chunnel), but well, surely it will be fab, won’t it?

Am I mad? Will it be too busy as getting warm, everyone’s broke up etc, no fast passes, wearing masks all day, no parades...

Or will it be a fab experience, and we’ll love it. I’m torn, it will be cheaper for a few days in London, even eating in Zuma and China Tangs etc, but, well, Disney? Yeh?

Help me make a decision, I think free Chunnel runs out soon on magic places... plus I’m drinking again...
Djtrax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It will be different, for sure. Not the same experience. No parades, shows or fireworks at the moment. Don't think the restaurants are open yet either. And there are rumours of quarantine regs coming back to France as they have in Spain.

If you did want to go there are much, much cheaper ways. Cheyenne or Santa Fe are a fraction of the price of Newport Bay, and they are only a 15 minute walk. Or there are loads of great offsite hotels just 1 stop on the RER, or in some cases even walkable.

We have booked for November and wouldn't feel comfortable going just now. It was our 25th wedding anniversary in June and we were supposed to be going to Tokyo in November to celebrate, but that won't happen now. So 4 nights in Cheyenne it is (just under £400 for the two of us for 4 nights with our annual passes).
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax

Mobile

It definitely won’t be the same. I’ve looked at the two cheaper hotels, and they come out about £200ish cheaper, so not massively different.
We could do them for just under £1k without meal plan, or Newport for £1200.
Still torn, if it was a bargain it would be a definite, but it’s not.
Djtrax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Lauz_87
Earning More Ears

Mobile

You can stay off site I have just been for three nights and stayed off site and total cost came to under 500 for the hotel and euro tunnel. Then the tickets were 80 pounds! We eat mostly at the Disney village as some of the Disney hotel restaurants are closed. It’s very different but we enjoyed it no queues at all and empty it’s very sad to see.
Lauz_87 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lauz_87 View Post
You can stay off site I have just been for three nights and stayed off site and total cost came to under 500 for the hotel and euro tunnel. Then the tickets were 80 pounds! We eat mostly at the Disney village as some of the Disney hotel restaurants are closed. It’s very different but we enjoyed it no queues at all and empty it’s very sad to see.
How did you get the tickets for £80 please?
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax

Mobile

How did you get tickets for £80? The Disney website says £568 for 3 day tickets.
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Djtrax View Post
Hi all, don’t know why I’m asking really, as I guess the answer is yes, but why not put it out there...

Anyways, bit of history: so,

We were booked to go at the Easter holidays, Disney Hotel, but well, obviously we didn’t. Bright spark I am, I thought we’d be good to go in early July when our daughter finished summer term (aged 7), and rebooked for then. She manage to do the last few weeks at school, but Disney opened the day after we were due to go, and not the Disney hotel, so it was cancelled for us.

I thought sod it, and called them, and rebooked for next Easter, upgrading to Castle Club, make it special etc.

So, getting on in my oldish age, I’m 50 next week. We were planning a few nights in London, say 4-6 August, nice restaurants, chill a bit etc, or a few nights in the Crown Spa Hotel in Scarborough, which we love, pool, spa, arcades, beech paddle...what’s not to love.

Anyways, whilst drinking the other day, it dawned on me, why not go Disney for a few days... it doesn’t look cheap at the mo, (£1600 for two nights at New Bay, full board on plus, including Chunnel), but well, surely it will be fab, won’t it?

Am I mad? Will it be too busy as getting warm, everyone’s broke up etc, no fast passes, wearing masks all day, no parades...

Or will it be a fab experience, and we’ll love it. I’m torn, it will be cheaper for a few days in London, even eating in Zuma and China Tangs etc, but, well, Disney? Yeh?

Help me make a decision, I think free Chunnel runs out soon on magic places... plus I’m drinking again...
I’ve just come back and I had my best visit ever! The atmosphere was great - even just walking in with the welcome back music made me tear up a bit! We did an average of 12 rides a day, rode BTM and ToT 5 times each, did every single ride in Disneyland park - rose the railroad for the first time in years! - I didn’t miss the parade at all as they did the little calvacades down the parade route - studios was hit more but the selfie spots they were doing were excellent and were so well done!

Restaurants aren’t all open but many of them are - all in disney village will be as rainforest cafe was the last to open tomorrow. We ate at chez remy and loved it! We stopped at the Cheyenne and it was wonderful - loved it there!

Not a fan of illuminations so didn’t miss that and my only downside is you don’t see the parks at night - so id go for it!

Oh and it definitely wasn’t empty this last weekend - there were plenty of people for there to be an atmosphere whilst feeling very safe and secure - we had Underarmour masks and coped very well even in 32 degree heat! Just make sure you drink loads as it does dry your throat out

Edited at 03:02 PM.
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax

Mobile

Thanks Lisa, we’re now thinking of going Sunday, just incase a random lockdown affects us.

Though I only seem to be a jet I book on the French website. Called magic breaks as it’s within 3 days, and they say the Disney website is down, but it only seems to be the british one...
Putty, as MB had the free Chunnel, even a ferry is adding £300 to the cost.
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

As you can see we have a countdown for our a trip booked for end of next week. This is because our Florida trip for late August has been postponed. From everything we have seen, I feel this is the perfect time to go who isn't fussed with parades or fireworks. The only thing that might stop us is if quarantine restrictions come into force.