Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Aug 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Rental value being driven down

I had a few points left over from 2019 and have rented them via a rental board, I've noticed many requests on there though asking for distressed points (usually < 60 days before so no FPs, risk of loss etc.) with people looking to pay $10-12pp.

I know there are loads of excess points in the system but I certainly wouldn't be renting points out at the moment unless I stood to lose them.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I had a few points left over from 2019 and have rented them via a rental board, I've noticed many requests on there though asking for distressed points (usually < 60 days before so no FPs, risk of loss etc.) with people looking to pay $10-12pp.

I know there are loads of excess points in the system but I certainly wouldn't be renting points out at the moment unless I stood to lose them.
That is interesting. I am someone who has rented points and will get no refund unless the points are rented by someone else. I would be happy for the points I rented to go cheaply simply to get something returned to me.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
That is interesting. I am someone who has rented points and will get no refund unless the points are rented by someone else. I would be happy for the points I rented to go cheaply simply to get something returned to me.
May be worth asking the owner to advertise your reservation?

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
May be worth asking the owner to advertise your reservation?
We are in corresdondence and she is trying but I dont know with what agency or at what price.

I do understand that I made the contract and in the end this is my loss but anything would be better than nothing.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We are in corresdondence and she is trying but I dont know with what agency or at what price.

I do understand that I made the contract and in the end this is my loss but anything would be better than nothing.
I’ve got a rental on with David’s and I’ve set a low price and also said I’d take a lower offer (these will be lost points by end of November) - the booking has been listed for weeks now and no signs of any interest.

I just don’t think people are looking to travel right now, and there are an excess of renters just like me trying to offload expiring points. Unless they’ve already booked, I can’t see new people choosing to make bookings for the foreseeable sadly.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m in same boat. I rented points and now unable to travel. I’d def be happy for them to be resold for cheaper so I get something back rather than nothing 🙈
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022Lapland Jan 2023, New York, Vero beach, Yacht club and Wilderness Lodge Aug 2023
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Locals are renting, but they’re expecting bargains.

I booked thanksgiving weekend @ BWV & advertised it as a confirmed booking, it was snapped up, I know I was lucky though but a local family have thanksgiving weekend at The Boardwalk for a bargain price.

TBH I’d only rent to a local at the moment anyway, too many travel restrictions in place.

Old 2 Aug 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I've just dropped my price on David's and put the bookings up on Facebook for the same price.

As they expire on 30th November 2020 we don't have much choice really.

We really really want to go and use these ourselves but the chances of that are diminishing every day by the look of it. We are due to fly October 30th.

I'm just about to cancel our annual passes I think, that's $600 back.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I rented 57 of my 2018 points for $11pp the other day

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

There are a lot of points either distressed or going to be and looking to be rented, I am in same situation, renting to a local seems a good idea, not sure where to start though..