Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 May 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Wait times at Volcano Bay

[IMG]
[/IMG]Saw this posted on another forum. Hoping the hype has died down before we go!

Edited at 10:19 PM.
Worgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

How does the virtual queue work? If you book one for 300 minutes is that you sitting on a lounger for 5 hours until your time is up?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
How does the virtual queue work? If you book one for 300 minutes is that you sitting on a lounger for 5 hours until your time is up?
I would like to know this too. Have the option to upgrade our Universal tickets and would love to go but not if it is just a load of hanging around!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
I would like to know this too. Have the option to upgrade our Universal tickets and would love to go but not if it is just a load of hanging around!
Yeah, you can only hold one ride at a time, so you'd have to sit around for 5 hours (or use the main pool/lazy river I believe) until your tapu tapu reminds you.

You could buy express passes though. The hotel ones do not work in VB though.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Just reading up on it and apart from the coaster you can only be in one queue. So yes, if you tap in for a 5 hour queue then you can go in the big pool or the lazy river or shopping/food. But there are no standby lines
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

themeparkinsider/flume/201705/5588/
Old 27 May 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Just reading up on it and apart from the coaster you can only be in one queue. So yes, if you tap in for a 5 hour queue then you can go in the big pool or the lazy river or shopping/food. But there are no standby lines
The Hona/Moana slides are treated like the coaster in that you can have one of them, plus one of the other slides.

You'd expect that things would settle down outside of the first week.

Oh and if you leave the water park, your reservation is dead

Edited at 10:57 PM.
3family is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post

... That's absolutely horrendous

But as long as VB has sorted its problems out before late October when we go there I'll forgive them

Edited at 01:14 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Is it because of capacity crowds plus teething problems here with those ridiculous waits for the slides?

Just thinking that surely they ran a "customer experience at capacity crowds simulator" through the design plans.! If customer experience during July/aug peak times is similar to this (with or without) breakdowns, there's going to be a lot more complaints i imagine!

I was very skeptical when I first read about this virtual queue system as to how long the wait times would be. In what world does anyone planning to build this park think that a ride wait time over 5 hours is a great customer experience?

I really hope things improve in the next few weeks and it will be interesting to see if these wait times change for the better. I was planning a few days here in July/aug but may have to rethink my plans 😬
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
willssv
Excited about Disney

I would have expected some teething problems for sure but this does seem a little more than that. There's no way people (apart from a few) will enter a park and sit in the pool or lazy river whilst waiting 5 hours for a ride. I'll be watching this over the next few weeks and hopefully it calms down.
willssv is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List