Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Virgin applied 2020 holiday to my 2021 dates

As many people had a lot of trouble getting in contact with Virgin to sort out what is happening this year although we where not due to fly out til the end of October 2020 we decided that it would not be worthwhile to take a trip this year with all the uncertainty around travelling at the minute and a 2nd wave poss lurking? Anyway I sent a letter to Virgin Holidays at the start of last week requesting that the 2020 booking to be cancelled and asked for the money paid so far to be allocated to my June 2021 booking which I made back in April when this Virus hit (planning ahead) due to Virgin not taking any calls etc... also the June prices was coming back better than the October dates that we wanted it was just affordable with a 2k price dive it made more sense at the time. The end of last week I then got an email from Virgin Holidays telling me that my request had been sorted, all payments had no been transferred to the 2021 dates, I am happy with the way it has went so far now just have to hope that we have plenty of time to get things settled and back to some kind of normality to be able to enjoy the trips back to Florida again.
n a side note I will say that as a family we have have been customers of Virgin now for 10yrs flying out the Disney and in that time I have never been able to fault Virgin once for their service and customer care. I am not one for complaining or pushing for free upgrades I just trust in a fair service without going too far to gain freebies etc...
The only thing I have left to sort out now is the pre-paid seats in the bubble which I had paid for of the now scrapped 747's so that is a diff matter now.
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List