Notices

Old 3 Aug 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
and who would pay for our mortgages and bills if we cant go to work?
And this is why the whole suggestion is a un workable nonsense. Everyone no matter what age will have bills to pay, so we cant just be told to isolate on a whim without compensation.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We were in town on Saturday in our way back from a long walk and popped into Greggs to grab a Sandwich on the way home. We went and sat on a bench out the way and were eating our lunch and chatting when a man literally sat down on the bench right next to my boyfriend. If hed sat any closer he would have sat on his lap! There were empty benches nearby so no need to sit there. Absolutely no regard for social distancing or personal space and even in non Covid times it wouldnt be acceptable to sit that close on a bench.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
phoenix_c
A Guest at All-Stars

Oh yeah? Tell that to the over 50's who come into my workplace and decide to have a get together with their similar aged friends in the middle of the walkway. Or the over 50's who have no spatial awareness and brush up against me/walk past me. Or the ones who simply must pop out every day to get the paper as it's their routine.
There are people in every age group obeying the rules, disobeying the rules, not caring about the rules, following certain rules.
We've had to go back to work as we're not furloughed anymore, it's not like we have a choice.
The rules are so contrary and the virus won't care what time of day it is, where you are. My friend had to cancel her wedding reception next week but it's fine to go to the pub?
Just use your common sense and do what you can to stay and safe and think of others whilst you're out and about. That's all we can do.
phoenix_c is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by phoenix_c View Post
Oh yeah? Tell that to the over 50's who come into my workplace and decide to have a get together with their similar aged friends in the middle of the walkway. Or the over 50's who have no spatial awareness and brush up against me/walk past me. Or the ones who simply must pop out every day to get the paper as it's their routine.
There are people in every age group obeying the rules, disobeying the rules, not caring about the rules, following certain rules.
We've had to go back to work as we're not furloughed anymore, it's not like we have a choice.
The rules are so contrary and the virus won't care what time of day it is, where you are. My friend had to cancel her wedding reception next week but it's fine to go to the pub?
Just use your common sense and do what you can to stay and safe and think of others whilst you're out and about. That's all we can do.
Why cannot I go to the shop to get a paper every day? It's not against the rules or Law

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Why cannot I go to the shop to get a paper every day? It's not against the rules or Law
G we know you get the top shelf stuff delivered in brown paper bags

Im currently following all the rules only go shopping where I dont have to where a mask = pub support local business = pub use the government food vouchers etc = pub

And currently Im singing the following:-

Hold a chicken in the air
Stick a deckchair up your nose
Buy a jumbo jet
And then bury all your clothes
Paint your left knee green
Then extract your wisdom teeth
Form a string quartet
And pretend your name is Keith
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
In my head I am 36
In my head Im 36 - 24 - 36.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

If everyone just applied common sense we wouldnt need all these variations and combinations of rules and guidelines.

Wash your hands. Wear your mask. Keep your distance.

Simples.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List