Notices

Old 5 Aug 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Iíve been physically assaulted 3 times and verbally on a monthly basis (could be daily depending on the show - there are some shows Iíve refused to work because I know the audience, sadly I wonít have a choice now due to lack of money this year, Iíll have to put myself at risk to claw back financially) working in theatre.

Iíve been screamed at multiple times and told to die in the NHS and the Police.

Thankfully Iíve only been told I ruined someoneís life for cancelling their holiday (technically coronavirus cancelled it not me).

People can be absolutely horrible.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm starting to think maybe I have had a sheltered life, and I worked with the public for years. I used to think people were being unreasonable when they complained they didn't like the music playing in the pool. Mind you I still think if that was their biggest worry their lives were pretty sheltered too.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I really feel for your daughter- I canít understand how people think it is acceptable to act in this way?
My eldest (son) is currently looking for p/t work in a shop or something, and if he finds something, Iím going to sit him down and explain what to expect from some customers- not to scare him or put him off, but just so that he is fore-warned. I think heíd be really upset if someone spoke to him in this way.
Iíve been verbally assaulted several times both working in a shop and a call centre. I was left shaking & vey tearful after the event in the shop - I was only 17. Luckily the manager supported me and told the man to leave the store. Even other customers queuing at my till were horrified. It makes me adamant that if I ever witness something like this when shopping, I will be sorely tempted to intervene with something like ďDonít speak to her/him like that - theyíre doing their jobĒ. Iíd like to think that if someone had a go at one of my kids when they work, that someone would stick up for them. Some people are just vile.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List