Notices

Old 3 Aug 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
We’re supposed to be going at the end of the month (fingers crossed). I don’t want to get our hopes up. My only worry is our infection rates will go up and we’ll be put in lockdown, or quarantine will be introduced in Italy or here.

Can I ask, did you book restaurants in advance, or could you just turn up and get a table? Any activities and attractions you would recommend doing, or avoiding? We’re staying in bardolino.
No didn't book an restaurants in advance, there are so many restaurants in Sirmione that you will always find availability.

Our hotel at free bike use, we had brought a packet of wipes to clean down the bikes each time. We did lots of swimming in the lake, we were very tempted to hire a boat, but decided to leave it until next trip.
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re supposed to be going at the end of the month (fingers crossed). I don’t want to get our hopes up. My only worry is our infection rates will go up and we’ll be put in lockdown, or quarantine will be introduced in Italy or here.
At the moment infection rates seem very stable but the locals don't really want to talk about the virus, they have been so badly effected by it.
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. Can I also ask, did you have to buy bus tickets/boat tickets online beforehand, or can you just pay cash as you board?
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. Can I also ask, did you have to buy bus tickets/boat tickets online beforehand, or can you just pay cash as you board?
Didn't buy any tickets but our balcony overlooked the ferry Dock, people bought tickets from hut, no money on boat. Also some of the ferries were doing temperature checks
Old 3 Aug 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by juliab View Post
We were supposed to be going in 10 days but we had our Easyjet flights to Verona cancelled. Looks lovely.
Seems Easyjet are cancelling a lot of flights to Italy.
People will remember this, we had ours to Rome cancelled and have rebooked with Ryanair

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye - Miss Piggy

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are due to travel to Rome in 17 days, hopefully we get there as need a break x
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Looking at staying in Garda for Gardaland and the other attractions, any recommendations from anyone? Also is a car required or can you manage on public transport/walking/taxis? I've driven in the US but haven't tackled Europe yet.

Thanks
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post

Just back after spending 5 nights in Lake Garda, Sirmione. It was a glorious break, swam in the lake, 100% mask compliance indoors, hotel spotless and constantly cleaned.

It was just so wonderful to have a few days break from all the negativity in the media here. Only regret is we didn't go for longer.
So glad you had a great time
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List