Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile Need a disney fix!

please tell me your best DP Info ..could do with knowing the best DLP hotel..either on or off site. So sad we can't do Orlando so this is a needs must holiday for end of Aug. Also best place to book. We are DVC but probably not best use of poi to so looking at booking a package for 4 nights end Aug 2020
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, we are planning to go 17th August for 3 nights. Staying offsite at hipark hotel ( free shuttle or 20 mins walk) booked through travel republic and I bought a 2 day ticket 2 park ticket bought that from attractiontix. EasyJet flights from Edinburgh booked direct with EasyJet. I’m just hoping the cases don’t shoot right up like Spain. I really want to go!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
please tell me your best DP Info ..could do with knowing the best DLP hotel..either on or off site. So sad we can't do Orlando so this is a needs must holiday for end of Aug. Also best place to book. We are DVC but probably not best use of poi to so looking at booking a package for 4 nights end Aug 2020
Hi we stayed Santa fey and it was fine we walked to both downtown and the parks. Have a nice time.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Cheyenne is my favourite budget option - not luxury but the theming is incredible. It's about a 15 minute walk to the parks, lovely walk along the river and through the Village.

Check the DLP website and WDTC website (two different companies and one is often slightly cheaper than the other). There are some good offers on at the moment.

My biggest tip is to not compare to WDW at all. DLP is much more similar to Disneyland in Anaheim than it is to WDW. Also please don't expect an American experience. It's much more tailored to European tastes. You won't get 'have a magical day, be my BFF' attitudes from the CMs as that's regarded as tacky and fake; instead you will get polite but reserved service unless you engage them in conversation, when they blossom.

DLP is utterly beautiful, take time to wander and appreciate the details such as the dragon under the castle and the beautiful arcades.

Don't go expecting WDW but look for DLP's own particular brand of magic.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

I'm considering DLP now we have cancelled Florida, but I am concerned that DLP is a lot smaller and only needs a 4/5 night holiday - has anyone been for 9 or 10 nights ? How big is Disney Village compared to Disney Springs
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Just been reading France and Germany could be added to quarantine list on return so may want to keep check.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
I'm considering DLP now we have cancelled Florida, but I am concerned that DLP is a lot smaller and only needs a 4/5 night holiday - has anyone been for 9 or 10 nights ? How big is Disney Village compared to Disney Springs
I’d say 5 nights max for first time we usually stay 4 nights.you could always have a day in Paris there’s the shopping centres Nearby .Walk around the other hotels maybe stretch it to a week.

Disney village is really just one street /row as such maybe look on google maps satellite/street view to get an idea .

Or what about a stay in villages nature (centre Paris) either Fully or partially.ive not been but considering it .as it would add a different dimension to the holiday .kind of covering the water park aspect you would miss from Florida .
I’m not sure if it’s still offered but I think you could also get a day pass for villages nature

Edited at 09:11 AM.
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Privateer
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
Best is very subjective and depends on personal requirements. DW and I have been to DLP three times. We've stayed offsite at the Ibis Hôtel twice, and once at the Disneyland Hotel.

Both hotels are easy to drive to. The Ibis Hôtel is a basic hotel that is 30 metres from the railway station. As long as you have a smattering of French and/or use Google Translate you can buy tickets that will take you to DLP. If you just want to use a hotel as a place to sleep then Ibis Hôtel is excellent. If you want Disney magic at the hotel where you stay then the Disneyland Hotel is excellent for that plus you can quickly get back to the room. I'm sure that the other Disney Hotels are just as magical but we haven't stayed in them. The reason we chose the Disneyland Hotel was that it was so close to the parks.

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
We've only been to DLP (and no other Disney resort). I think that 9 to 10 nights would be excessive, 4 to 5 nights is probably best, although when you leave you'll always wish that you'd booked for one more night!
Privateer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
I Love Disney*
Trainee Dibber

I Love Disney*'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 15
We really enjoy DLP but would say only 4 or 5 days are needed and we tend to do a day walking around hotels/at the mall nearby. We tend to fly out on a Sunday and return on Friday as travelling takes time out of your trip

We have stayed at partner hotels only, but we have enjoyed both and tend to book via expedia as a bundle. On occasion we have seen these at under £200 per person for flight hotel and breakfast for 5 nights. The Vienna Dream Castle hotel is our usual choice and has a shuttle bus to the parks (all the partner hotels do I believe). We have also stayed in the B&B hotel this is more budget and the breakfast isn't as good but it is included with the price and doesn't cost extra.

As others have said its very different to WDW the village is 1 street and has much less variation with regards to restaurants and shops (although we still enjoy it)

We are looking to go in November but haven't booked yet as we are keeping an eye on the current situation. Happy booking and I hope you have a great trip.