Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

Aer Lingus schedule change

Hi everyone Aer Lingus have just cancelled the Birmingham to Dublin leg of our flight on 21st September to Orlando and changed it to a Heathrow flight I think this is classed as a major change.
Can anyone tell me if we ask for a refund, will it just be the Birmingham to Dublin leg or can we get a refund for the whole journey, (all booked at the same time)
thanks in advance
Old 2 Aug 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Happened to me, moved the Birmingham bit to London, rang them and got my full refund within the week!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chelsie15
Serious Dibber

chelsie15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Iv just had the email saying there has been a change to my schedule & details will be in 2nd email which I haven't received yet. I'm BHX-DUB-MCO on 23rd Sept. Guessing it's been moved to Heathrow. Will give them a call tomorrow.
chelsie15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Happened to me, moved the Birmingham bit to London, rang them and got my full refund within the week!
thanks will try ringing them tomorrow. To add insult to injury the inbound flight is still to Birmingham.
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by chelsie15 View Post
Iv just had the email saying there has been a change to my schedule & details will be in 2nd email which I haven't received yet. I'm BHX-DUB-MCO on 23rd Sept. Guessing it's been moved to Heathrow. Will give them a call tomorrow.
If its the 12.15 flight they are all cancelled apparently
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
chelsie15
Serious Dibber

chelsie15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi yes it was the 12:15. Finally got the 2nd email with the change to Heathrow. 😢
Just rang AL full refund will be processed. Taking slightly longer than normal due to high volume of refunds. Will update when refund is received.

Edited at 08:19 AM.
chelsie15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Just be careful with AE, they are being very underhand. I am booked EDI-DUB-MCO on 29th Aug. Although they have not told me the DUB-MCO flight is cancelled, it is no longer showing on their schedule. They have emailed me several times offering to change dates or issue a voucher - I want a refund. Today, I have received 3 emails from them saying my EDI - Dub flight has changed and they have booked me on the earlier flight (one hour earlier) When I first booked my flight, there was no 10.45hr flight (which they have now put me on) the earlier flight was around 8am ish. In there email, they say if this change is no good then I can change the date, take a voucher or cancel. Small print near the bottom says if I cancel I only get a refund if the time difference is more than 3 hours... it's only an hour... just ignoring them for now
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
theedgeofglory
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by John View Post
Just be careful with AE, they are being very underhand. I am booked EDI-DUB-MCO on 29th Aug. Although they have not told me the DUB-MCO flight is cancelled, it is no longer showing on their schedule. They have emailed me several times offering to change dates or issue a voucher - I want a refund. Today, I have received 3 emails from them saying my EDI - Dub flight has changed and they have booked me on the earlier flight (one hour earlier) When I first booked my flight, there was no 10.45hr flight (which they have now put me on) the earlier flight was around 8am ish. In there email, they say if this change is no good then I can change the date, take a voucher or cancel. Small print near the bottom says if I cancel I only get a refund if the time difference is more than 3 hours... it's only an hour... just ignoring them for now
Something similar happened to me with with MAN-DUB-MCO. I’d noticed it wasn’t on their schedule either so just decided to wait. I’d checked last night on the app and our booking was showing an additional flight of MAN-MAN for Sept 11th. I tried to look into it but the app kept telling me to contact customer services.

I called them this morning and was told the Thursday MAN-DUB had been cancelled and that I’d been transferred to the Friday. I was offered to move dates, take a voucher or a refund. I asked for a refund and it was processed there and then.
May 2018 - Saratoga Springs
theedgeofglory is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by John View Post
I thought they had cancelled all flights to MCO up until 14th Sept. As you say hang on they will have to give you a refund.
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
blobbyrob
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by chelsie15 View Post
Hi yes it was the 12:15. Finally got the 2nd email with the change to Heathrow. 😢
Just rang AL full refund will be processed. Taking slightly longer than normal due to high volume of refunds. Will update when refund is received.

I'm in exactly the same apart from my dates are for 16th Sept BHX-DUB-MCO.

Could you tell me what number you called them on. Cheers
blobbyrob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List