Day Three - Rest & MK
Day Four - Epcot & DTD
Day Five - Celebration & DHS
Day Six - Golf and Epcot with Dibbers
Day Seven - Typhoon Lagoon
Day Eight - Animal Kingdom
Day Nine - Mall, DTD and AMC

Day Ten - Tuesday 28th August

Last night’s late night did for us, and meant that today started late and lethargically. We didn’t leave the house until ten. The delay was mainly down to me having to craft a T shirt that would fit from a mixture of bed sheets and towels from the villa.

Sherberth took us back to Hollywood Studios, and we left the car here.

A tram appeared in perfect synchronisation to whisk us to the gates, and after the usual tolerance of incompetence of those in front of us at the turnstiles we were in. Being so late I was concerned that we had blown our chance of riding Toy Story this trip. Ever the optimist, I handed off Ryan, and sped towards the fastpass machines at an unnaturally fast walking pace.

It was by now nearly 11am, so any Fastpass I got at this time would probably be active on our next holiday, but I carried on regardless. About a hundred yards out I reach for my fanny, and release the park tickets. I spot a fastpass machine with nobody at it, and I am locked and loaded like a sweaty exocet in white trainers.

Just as I enter the lane to the nominated fast pass machine, a stupid person (who has obviously been waiting for me) slips into my lane. At this point I don’t of course know they are stupid, but it is only a matter of seconds before the fact is proved beyond all and any doubt as they look at their tickets and fast pass machine as if they had only grown hands that day, and were not sure how to use them.

A cast member pops up to assist with this ever so tricky task, and saves them from a bright white trainer up the backside. I notice that by the time the muppetry has been removed, the fastpass return time has ticked on by a crucial five minutes, and we will now be riding at 7.25!

I wander back to meet the rest of the family at the Great Move Ride, and we wander through the hat over to Indiana Jones as the Disney Channel pop-travaganza is in full swing.

I undertake a little Dad dancing as we wander past which the girls always love.

The queue for Indy looks healthy, and I worry that we won’t make it in to this show. Louise opts to sit in the sun, so the girls and I queue up. We get through the main entrance easy enough so it looks like we’re in, but for the first time ever we are routed through a windy path queuing system before being funnelled into the bleachers.

As the show was busy, the cast members were asking everyone to “skooch” over to allow others to sit down. We did, but I was sat next to an American Dad who was sat with his legs as wide as they would go, and despite me “skooching” pretty much into his lap, he wasn’t for moving.

The show itself was pretty much as it ever was.

As it seems is my ability to take photos in the dark.

There were some minor tweaks, such as the huge German not disappearing into the smoke when he gets killed. He just fell over and died.

We are out at around 12, and find Louise basting nicely on a bench. We fancy a snack, having not really had breakfast yet, and we wander in search of one. We forego a couple of kiosks as they are only serving cakes and sweets (I know, very unlike us), and instead decide to go for a sit down job in the ABC Commissary. I can’t say the Cast Members were too pleased with us doing that in the middle of a restaurant, but they let us stay and order some food.

Me – Asian Salad

Louise – Kids Turkey Sandwich

Emily – Burger

Rebecca – Kids Nuggets

It soon turned into this.

Literally as soon as we entered the restaurant the rain came. It then quickly developed into a full on storm, and we deemed our timing to be perfect.

After a pretty typical row over which of the girls was going to take the tray to the nearest bin and get rid of the rubbish, we leave expecting to get wet. Amazingly the rain stopped just as we stepped outside, and we pinch ourselves over our luck.

We stop round the corner at Writer’s Corner. We browse a bit and get Emily a phone case. She’s been looking since we arrived and she finally plumped for a Minnie one. As I was paying, I somehow managed to order a Cinnamon Roll and a pecan thing that tasted like a rolo at the same time. Nobody seemed to complain as I shared them around.

Star Tours was showing a thirty minute wait, but suspecting this to be over egged we joined.

I like the new theming, especially the Cast Member who is dressed as the Emperor from the films.

We obviously got a different version of the ride from last time. I think this is a great idea to keep it fresh until they refurb it again in about thirty years.

We leave now and walk towards the Streets of America.
The girls stopped at a shop and got some stuffed toys as gifts for friends back home.

We walked on to the Backlot Tour next and I have to say it was bobbins. The first bit with the boat was shocking. There was no volunteer to take part in the “film”, instead an inaudible cast member mumbled over the microphone whilst a colleague wandered about pointing at stuff. They did the bullets in the water and the bombs going off, and I thought they were just warming up for when they did the actual demo.

Alas no, they were done and shepherding us off to the next bit with everyone in the audience looking a bit confused as to what just happened. We couldn’t really tell what had happened as we caught about one word in ten from Mike McMumble on the PA system.

We wandered towards the trams for the next bit of the tour, and again this was pretty bad. We saw the usual CM sat on the front car, expecting him to be talking us through the various elements of the tour. Again, no. Instead they played a pre-recorded commentary that was barely audible. Mind you, this wasn’t helped by the family behind us “talking” at each other the entire time at full volume.

They were foreign, French speaking, and paid zero attention to the commentary, instead enjoying each other’s voluminous nonsense. It wasn’t that they did not understand English as we had heard them speak it whilst in the queue. They were just ignorant.

Continued...

Edited at 01:26 PM.
mkingdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 12, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mkingdon
Imagineer

mkingdon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
So we trundled around the usual things, went through Catastrophe Canyon, and were off the tram again, feeling very non-plussed. I’d hate to think what a first timer would think of that. It is a shadow of the attraction I first encountered many years ago and a real shame.

In the shop as we exit, we have a look at some of the costumes.

Rebecca spent some of her dollars on some nice black and white photos for her bedroom wall. She got a Marilyn Monroe one and a Beatles one. She is in a retro phase at the moment!

We walked down to One Man’s Dream next, stopping at the place with the squirty Coke bottle for a drink.

We wander about between the exhibits, and of course I get harassed by a young woman. It really is a curse!

Turns out it is Debi, a Dibber, who is a big fan of my sack and would like a photo with it. Just in time, I realise she means Ryan and avert a public order offence.

Debi’s partner takes our photo, with the bemused look of someone who is quite bewildered at the fascination of a rucksack from the internet. We have a quick chat, I am taken aback and embarrassed as per usual in these situations, and we part wishing each other a nice rest of the holiday.

Emily is especially excited to see a model of the new Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland, and I am surprised at how interested both the girls are in the film about Walt’s life. Not just to please boring old Dad, they sit watch, enjoy and ask lots of questions afterwards. My work here is almost done.

We wander into the Animation Tour next, which again, frankly is a shadow of its former glory. Years ago, when they still made films here this was a brilliant attraction. Now, whilst still OK, it is what it looks like, a facsimile of what an animation study might be like. The talk against the backdrop of the Mishu cartoon is fun but the rest is now a bit of a mess. No-one knows where to go (or is that just us). We wander aimlessly for a bit, with Emily doing something called “fan girling” at the sight of this poster.

She is looking forward to this one apparently.

We browsed the art shop on the way out, and then walked down to the Rock n Rollercoaster to get a fast pass for later. We mooched through some shops, with the girls getting a sweatshirt each before walking out of the park towards the boat.

The plan was to spend a little time over at the Boardwalk, perhaps eat and then return to the park for the two fastpasses for RnR and Toy Story.

Again, our timing perfect today, the boat arrives just as we do, and we board.

One of the CMs “treated” us to a couple of songs as we made our way over the water.

We got off at the Boardwalk and of course immediately went to eat somewhere. We decided to try the Big River place.

It was in no way a bad meal but amongst the outstanding competition of all the other meals we had it was quite average.

Continued...
Old 14 Oct 12, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mkingdon
Imagineer

mkingdon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We started with some nachos to share.

Rebecca – Burger

Me – Meatloaf.

I wanted carrots, runner beans and peas…..but hey, two out of three ain’t bad!

Emily – New York Steak

Louise – Pasta Alfredo

As we sat outside after the meal, it struck me again, as if you or I needed reminding, that this is my favourite spot in the whole of WDW.

Rebecca’s intermittent unwellness of the past few days crops up again, and we need to get her some tablets from the shop, and she takes an extended restroom. It is women’s stuff so best not lingered upon here.

Ryan is bearing the brunt of some heavy shopping activities today.

We quickly play one of the carnival games, and as there is only us playing we win! Hooray.

We get the boat back to Hollywood Studios at 6pm, sadly with no singing this time. The rain comes heavy and hard, and we do our best to dodge it as we move around. We are fifteen minutes early for our RnR fastpass so we shelter under a canopy until it is time to ride.

It would appear we quite enjoyed it.

As we leave the ride the rain is torrential. We manage to dash to a covered area and wait for a bit hopeful of a respite.

As you will have never seen rain before, here’s a video.

We took the required photos in this location too.

With a slight respite we make a break for Toy Story Mania. The standby line is ninety minutes, and as usual even a fast pass means a fifteen minute wait.

Rebecca isn’t impressed with being photographed with so much rain damage to the do.

With the memory of a loss on Buzz still fresh on my mind, I leave nothing to chance here and obliterate all the competition. Louise tells me it is unfair as my wrist action is much more practised than hers. I reject this as an excuse as I remind her she has my permission to practise hers as often as she likes.

We walk towards the park exit now, and Emily and I spend a few minutes trying to figure out (again) the best settings for her camera to get some good night shots, and we do!

We tram and car without incident and undertake what felt like a long drive home. It’s been a long one, and that isn’t always a good thing!
Bed at 10.

Tomorrow – Disney Quest and Mannys
Old 14 Oct 12, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab day...

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 12, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

You did so much on one day. Brilliant read as ever
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 12, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WTP
Imagineer

Another excellent day once again - full of fun and hilarious inuendo's . We've not tried Boardwalk from HS before, usually opting to visit from International Gateway so that may come in useful for my planning next year . Only in Disney can you get an impromptu serenade of 'Hallo Mary Lou' on a water taxi - LOVE IT... Looking forward to tomorrow's missive
2009 - 3 weeks Disney All Stars Music *COULDN'T BE BETTER*
2010 - 2 weeks All Inclusive in Turkey *A NICE CHANGE and A NICE REST*
2011 - 2 weeks All Stars Music *TREMENDOUS TIME but not long enough*
2012 - 2 weeks All Inclusive Mexico *AWESOME*
2013 - 2 weeks POFQ July/Aug *BRILLIANT*
Now how did that happen? 2014 2 weeks July/Aug POFQ

2011 TRIPPIE INDEX
WTP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 12, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cal and Dave
Imagineer

Brilliant! Craig you and your family and of course Ryan are now celebrities.
Cal and Dave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 12, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another brilliant day
Old 14 Oct 12, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Boardwalk is our favourite too! Great day!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 12, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread