Notices

Old 2 Jun 15, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

You're Never Too Old To Be Young ~ Pre-Trip Report **Updated 15/09**

“You’re Never Too Old To Be Young”

(Image from Google then editted)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Trippie Index:

Part 1 ~ The Cast & Where it all began
Part 2 ~ When/Where..? & Let the planning commence
Part 3 ~ ADR's
Part 4 ~ Surprises
Part 5 ~ Shopping
Part 6 ~ Double Digit Day
Part 7 ~ Holiday Paid = Book another holiday right?!
Part 8 ~ FastPasses (FP+)
Part 9~ Counting down the days...Disney style & Online Check-In
Part 10~ More Shopping?!
Part 11~
21 Days to go ~ Lots of little updates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Behind the Trip Report Title…….*

I fell in love with this quote as soon as I saw it and I knew that I couldn’t name my trip report anything better. It’s the name of a demo song cut from the film Snow White which was replaced with the “Silly Song” (*
*) It works so well as my title for two reasons:

1) This trip is for my 30th Birthday and my DM keeps asking how old will I be this holiday?!? 30 or 3 with how excited I am and the things I’m suggesting

2) My parents have never been to Florida so they’ve never experienced that leave-your-worries-on-the-plane-Welcome-to-the-Happiest-Place-in-the-World-feeling At the age of 66 & 65 the quote again summed it up perfectly as they’re "never too old to be young" and everyone is young in Disney

*The Cast*

* Me – Nicola “Nic” (29 – 30 whilst there…EEK!)

*Chief planner*

I love things being organised, quite OCD and geeky when it comes to planning and can be quite a worrier until I'm settled and know everything’s going to be ok. A big kid and Disney mad from a young age I've been waiting for the chance to go back to Florida after my first trip back in 2007. (unfinished trip report here) Looking forward to my second trip of a lifetime even more than I was for my first as I can plan and organise as much as I want too and I have learned from the first trip. I'm spending my 30th Birthday in Disney which is a complete dream come true. There's nowhere better I'd like to be

I'm slightly obsessed with anything Frozen at the minute so I'm not-so-secretly hoping to blag an A&E FP I will always love all the old classics though, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.

Most looking forward too – Seeing Cinderella Castle and watching Wishes again , eating at all the fab restaurants, seeing HP World at Universal….I could go on.

*DM – Sheila (65)

*Coming along for the adventure*

Hates having her photo took – Oops hope she doesn’t find out about the Memory Maker Disney is growing on her, she once thought it’d be like going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach everyday for a fortnight! I’ve told her it’s nothing like! She loved our fun filled, very organised down to the last minute trip to Vegas in 2012 so she trusts I’ll make an equally good as job (if not better) with this one. DM’s usually the worrier on holiday, one of those who is front of the queue at the gate, rushes off the coach to be first checked in etc but this time (like Vegas) she’ll have to take a step back as she’s in unchartered territory. She tans under a 40watt bulb and will no doubt come back looking equally as bronzed from Florida After her last holiday she had a lady approach her in the shops and ask her if her tan was real and when she said it was she was then asked if she was White Caucasian

Watch out for the Sheila-isms in the report. DM always speaks before her brain is in gear which can be funny and quite cringey sometimes. She’s also a little naïve and once told someone in Asda that there was some black prawns going off in the fridges! Bless her... needless to say they were raw prawns which obviously only turn pink once cooked. Ohh did I laugh when she told me this… She also makes things up what you have to laugh about like that mountain in Nepal…what’s it called “Ben Nevis?”…No Mum that’ll be “Everest”

Watch this space...

Most looking forward too – flying Virgin for the first time, having seats in the Bubble and then seeing all the parks and finding out what I’ve got planned for us

*DD – John (66)

*The secret big kid!*

Is now really looking forward to it all, says he’s always wanted to do it but they’ve never got around to it so glad he’s got the chance of going now. Gets equally as tanned as Sheila under a 40 watt bulb. Likes the finer things in life however when I mentioned MNSSHP he straight away started coming up with ideas for his costume I had to calm him down at one point and say it’s “Mickey’s Not So Scary” Halloween party when he was considering a Zombie as an option . He keeps googling and researching the restaurants I mention and asking lots of questions on where we’ll be going, when we can use the DDP/transport etc. It’s so cute.

Most looking forward too – all of it! Seeing the parks, fireworks, parades. He’ll be like a kid at Christmas and probably worse than me.

*Where it all began…*

So…now you know who we are (almost down to our inside leg measurements…sorry ) here’s some more background information….

As long as I can remember as a child I always wanted to go to Disney and my parents always wanted to take me but I was scared of travelling long haul. I had it in my head that the longer you were up there flying the more chance you had of something going wrong Well I got to the age of 12 and my parents decided they wanted to travel further and so the Caribbean was mentioned. I was told it would be a 7-8 hour flight and that I could either go with them or stay at home with my sister and her family. Obviously I chose the holiday! With my fear of long haul flying now no longer an issue I pestered my parents to go to Florida but they’d got the Caribbean bug and didn’t want that type of holiday, felt they were too old etc. Don’t get me wrong I have had some fantastic holidays with them and I am very greatful for the places they’ve taken me but I couldn’t wait until I could finally go to Florida!

In 2006 I decided to book with my now ex DBF for the following September (2007) We got a bargain 3 weeks in Pop Century with free DDP (what is now the standard plan but this also included tips and appetizers at the time) My ex had been before and wasn’t for planning anything in advance although this contradicted what the wonderful Dibb had taught me. I managed to convince him to book a measly 4 ADR’s (wasting 17 TS credits - either unused or used as CS credits – this was allowed at the time but I don’t think it is now?! You got a CS meal but asked to use a TS credit and they would give you a voucher which allowed you either extra snacks or you could swap it for exclusive memorabilia) Anyway I’m rambling….those 4 ADR’s gave me a taster of what type of places I could eat in if I had the chance. We had a wonderful time and had one point even toyed with the idea of getting married in WDW. That ship obviously sailed…without the wedding

So fast forward to 2012 I’ve still not been back to Disney but I’ve just come back from a week in Vegas and loved every minute of it. I couldn’t decide which one had the edge of my absolute favourite holiday….Vegas/Florida….decisions decisions….?!? It was from that holiday onwards that I decided for my 30th birthday I was definitely not going to be spending it in the UK and I would go back to Vegas or Florida if it killed me. I even said if I was single I would go alone as at least I’d have somewhere special to look back on and a fab way to remember my 30th.

*Back to Vegas/Florida...?!? *

So…it’s now August 2014 and I’m lying around a pool in Kos thinking how lovely and relaxing this is but I could be anywhere in the World and I suddenly have the urge that after 7 long years…with it’s ups and downs along the way…I need to go back to Florida as I feel I've left a piece of my heart there. It’s from then on that I decide to price it up for my birthday the following October as this is where I definitely want to celebrate my 30th.

*Beautiful pool but it's not Disney*

I look and look and discuss it with family and friends but no joy. My Sister says she will come to Vegas but my heart is with Florida and I'm determined that I will go it alone if necessary but Florida it has to be. After Christmas and all the New Year celebrations I’m feeling very down and start to price up the Virgin January sale…I know I could get it cheaper but if I’m going alone I want a package and I’ve travelled with Virgin before with no problems, so I come back on the Dibb and make some enquiries. I ring my parents to tell them that I’m going to book, even considered UC as a nervous flyer (again following a very turbulent flight) I think this will be for best. After putting the phone down my DM rings me back about 10 minutes later, and says if I've not booked yet her and DD will come with me. They’ve had a quick chat and would feel sad knowing I’m out there on my own for my 30th birthday, they don’t want to do UC, would rather put the money to something else so as long as I’m happy to organise everything they’re in! Happy to organise it…you bet!

So now it’s the 4th January and I’ve booked our holiday with Virgin Holidays. I’m going back to the Happiest Place in the World and introducing my parents to it.

*Whohoo! *

The holiday probably worked out more expensive then if we’d booked more in advance with free QSDP or if we’d booked everything separately but I didn’t care I just wanted it booked then I could start to look forward to turning 30 in Florida It would feel so much more painful turning 30 sat in my office at work.

So here’s the finer details….

Edited at 11:14 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 15, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

*When/Where etc….*

When - Tuesday 6th October we fly out 13:45pm Virgin from Manchester (My birthday is the 14th so it lands smack in the middle) I wasn’t bothered when we went as long as I was there for my birthday. The 6th just happened to work out the cheapest.

*Virgin Atlantic*

Where - We're staying the full 2 Weeks onsite at Disney's Pop Century resort…

*Pop Century *

Yes there’ll be 3 of us in standard a room but it’s only for a holiday (I have my own place in the UK so 2 weeks will be long enough to live with the parents again without arguing too much over bathroom routines etc ) I originally enquired about a preferred room thinking you may be able to request which block you wanted (as you were being charged) but this wasn't the case so I didn't bother with it. I've stayed in the 80's block before which was an ideal location close to the computer pool and only a short walk from the bus stops and main building.

It’s only a base I weren’t bothered about spending extra on a room we won’t be in much. I was already saving with my parent’s now coming and avoiding single supplements so we decided the extra money could go towards...

*The Deluxe Dining Plan *

As I mentioned previously I only had a taste of ADRs and the Disney Restaurants last time so I was happy to pay for the DP then it's all sorted and paid for in advance and we can just pay for any extras and gratuities on the day I can’t wait to experience (a lot) more of the restaurants and I know my parent’s will enjoy TS meals more than CS.

We can take it at a more relaxed pace, enjoying the food and surroundings. I chose the DxDDP so we could have the 3 x credits to do as we choose rather than missing days or paying OOP to cover Signatures/CRT etc. Also my DM isn’t a big sweet person and would prefer a starter than a dessert, with the DxDDP you get an Appetiser, Entrée and Dessert so at least she’ll enjoy her first 2 courses if she doesn’t enjoy/want the 3rd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Let the planning commence*

I’d already ordered my bible – The 2015 Brit’s Guide to Orlando (other guidebooks are available) So I had been studying this, marking pages with stickers etc…as you do

*Brits Guide*

I got straight back into the Dibb, learning of all the new things since 2007 and planning our dream holiday. We decided just 2 days after booking that we were happy to pay £25pp each way to pre-book our seats together as we always do this no matter who we fly with when flying long haul. After learning that they now have Economy seats up in the Bubble too, we chose Dibbers Row 79 ABC both ways .

*Dibbers Row*

Back in 2007 I think it was still PE up in the bubble. Having never been “upstairs” on a plane we’re all excited about trying this out so give us a wave if you’re up there with us we don’t bite…hard

Another difference from 2007 was Virgin’s luggage allowance! Having 2 x 20kg cases EACH back then was every shoppers dream but I was soon dropped back down to Economy reality when I realised this time that it was no longer. The Virgin consultant I booked with said that my best option was to pay for 1 piece of extra luggage for my return journey (put a case in a case going or buy another one out there) so for just £55 I am now able to have 2 x 23kg suitcases to bring home with me…let the shopping commence

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*My Disney Experience & Magic Bands*

Next step was to get my head around MDE as there was none of this last time or talk of Magic Bands, FP+ etc. I already had a Disney account from my Photopass purchase in 2007, (now Memory Maker – more confusion ) I just needed to update my profile with my holiday plans, link my reservation and add DM & DD as family.

We later customise our Magic Bands so here's hopefully what we'll be receiving once we check into Pop Century! They've been notified it's my birthday too and I've requested a Birthday Badge and 2 x First Visit badges so fingers crossed we get some Disney Magic

Blue is my favourite colour so I knew without question which Magic Band I wanted. DM chose Pink so I thought DD would choose a Red Magic Band to be different but he also chose Blue

*Magical Express*

I then learned from Dibbers that I could remove our Virgin transfers and book the Magical Express free. This is another first for me as we used the Virgin transfers on my last trip, I've already said about my ex not liking anything planned out of the ordinary (and he was just generally another word for a bottom ) I’d booked the transfers at the time as the Virgin Consultant said it was cheaper to leave them on and not use them, than to choose the option to have your own transfers?! I found this to be a lie when I then rang back February and was refunded £36.08 to our balance. Random figure I know but every little helps as they say in Tesco

*Disney's Magical Express*

*ESTAs & API*

Check and Check! Such a relief when you’re ESTA is approved, DD’s didn’t come back straight away but once we logged back in it was all fine We were in a pickle when first doing DM’s as she hadn’t realised that her passport was only valid until January 2016! After trying to convince her that she was ok not having 6 months left on her passport and that we were halfway through her ESTA application, she decided it wasn’t worth it and she would renew her passport first. This later made sense when we noted she’ll now have a full 2 years on her ESTA whereas she would have had to renew it with her new passport.

The process was so much more confusing with all the extra questions, i.e. putting previous jobs for my retired parents and others which I’m sure they just through in for fun. Anyway that’s all sorted now, something else to tick off and we’ve done our API so hopefully following online check in the night before we fly we’ll be all set with our chosen seats on Dibbers Row

*MNSSHP*

As soon as tickets became available for this on 8th April I bought them! I was one of the eager ones who bought them at 10am before they'd officially gone on sale, so I then sat anxiously waiting for my booking confirmation to come through whilst at work I selected 15th October (the day after my birthday) so that we can have a nice chilled morning after maybe a couple of drinks the night before and then stay up a little later for the party.

I was glad that the party wasn't on on the 14th so that I can watch Wishes (rather than Hallowishes) on my birthday.

The 3 x adult tickets were $236.43 (£160.47) altogether including tax ($78.81/£53.49 each) but I know that the party is soo worth it as I've been before back in 2007. I've paid for these as a "Thank You!" to my parent's for coming with me and because I really wanted to do it again but I had to tell them about it so that we could discuss costumes I've booked some more surprises which will be revealed later in the report.

Now all we need to do is decide on costumes?! DM doesn't want anything too fussy, maybe a Halloween T-shirt of some sort?! DD is wanting to get right into it so I'm not sure what he'll decide upon and I'm not sure whether to wear something Disney or Halloween related yet. I was a "Good Witch" last time however I've seen an Elsa costume which I could be tempted by but there's time to change my mind yet.

*Virgin’s Flying without Fear Course*

Being a nervous flyer (hopefully now former nervous flyer) I decided as part of my planning/preparation for Florida to enroll upon Virgin's Flying without Fear Course at the Hilton hotel Manchester. It was on Sunday 19th April and cost £267 but was worth every penny if it helps me even a little on my flights in October. See my post here for further comments on the day .

*Mousekeeping Envelopes*

I’ve explained to my parent’s who “Mousekeeping” are and how last time I found Mousekeeping envelopes online just as a fun way to leave the tips for the maids. So when printing all our documents, ESTA approvals, MNSSHP E-tickets off, I decided to search for some more. I’ve kindly “borrowed” and printed 14 of these from Google which I will cut out and fold for our $$$.

*Mousekeeping Envelopes*

Edited at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 2 Jun 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

*ADR planning*

I checked my dates on the Dibb for ADRS and my 180 day booking date was coming in on Thursday 9th April. Straight away I booked that date off work to ensure that I was sat ready and waiting online at 11am with the phone on standby for 12pm, my OCD having me all organised with dates/times/itinerary in place. I’d said all along I’d love to have breakfast on my birthday at CRT just for the experience so this was a definite ADR, as was BOG after reading of it’s popularity, beautiful surroundings and food. I wouldn’t mind where I was sat, stick me in the kitchen as long as I got an ADR DM liked the sound of the Dinner Shows to break things up of an evening and chose Spirit of Aloha. This gets mixed reviews but it’s good to experience things for yourself to get a true reflection and it isn’t going to do us any harm in trying it.

*ADR Day - Thursday 9th April*

I was very nervous and excited on ADR day link to my thread here and was sat Dibbing at 9am ready and waiting for the time to come so I could book my first ADRs. I was very worried after hearing others say they had not been able to get the restaurants/times that they wanted and with me wanting reservations for both CRT and BOG I was even more anxious. I had a bit of stress when my Wi-Fi kept going down just before the hour and meant my modem had to be turned on and off again so once it was finally sorted a little after 11am I logged into MDE. The system was easy to use but it kept crashing with how busy the server must have been. It would then log me out and then when I logged back in it would only show my first ADR date and not my +10 I surprisingly got my 2 main ADRs - CRT for Breakfast on my birthday and BOG for Dinner on the night we do MNSSHP but after 45 minutes of fighting the system I decided to wait and phone the ADR line at 12pm.

I got straight through to a lovely CM at 12pm who booked all my ADR's without any problems and noted down on them all that I was celebrating my 30th birthday whilst I was there and that it was my parent's 1st trip I do however think she was working on commission as she then started to ask me about what extras I had planned for my holiday. She wasn’t pushy at any time and I could easily have said “No” but I decided to book a couple of things which I had been considering booking at a later date anyway. These are further surprises for my parent’s which I’m hoping to keep secret until we’re there! (I will go into them later ) So I thought, why not get them sorted now whilst I’m on the phone then I’ve got a couple more things ticked off my “to do list”

*ADR’s Booked*

Over the next few days I booked the rest of my ADR's for the full duration of our trip. I'm well and truly making the most of the DxDDP and pre-booking ADR's this time The 4 x ADR’s which I’d had back in 2007 have all made the cut again for this trip, well sort of:

*Crystal Palace for Breakfast*

*Coral Reef for Dinner* (I've previously done lunch)

*Garden Grill for Dinner (again I've previously done lunch)*

and finally...

*Tusker House for Breakfast*

This is actually a new ADR for me as on my last trip the breakfast with Safari Donald and the gang at Animal Kingdom used to be called Donald’s Breakfastasaurus and featured at Restaurantosaurus in Dinoland which is where I had my ADR. (I think this is just CS now?!)

All in all I've been lucky enough to include 2 trips to both CRT and BOG, a few character meals, 2 dinner shows, a couple of Signatures plus a few extras besides the old favourites mentioned.

*The finished list*

Crystal Palace – Breakfast
Citricos – Dinner
Spirit of Aloha - Dinner Show
Coral Reef – Dinner
Tusker House – Breakfast
Sanaa – Dinner
Teppan Edo – Dinner
Chef Mickey’s – Breakfast
Hollywood Brown Derby – Fantasmic Dinner Package
Trails End – Breakfast
Hoop De Doo Revue – Dinner Show
Cinderella’s Royal Table – Breakfast *Birthday*
Narcoosee’s – Dinner *Birthday*
1900 Park Fayre – Breakfast
Be Our Guest – Dinner *MNSSHP*
Garden Grill – Dinner
Rainforest Café: Animal Kingdom – Breakfast
Dining Room @ Wolfgang Puck Café – Dinner
Be Our Guest – Lunch
Yachtsman Steakhouse – Dinner
Sci-fi Dine in – Lunch
Cinderella’s Royal Table – Dinner *Last night ;0(*

I’ve worked out we will have used 31/42 of our personal credits with all these reservations so we may need to pay OOP for the odd CS inbetween. I told you I was making the most of these ADR’s and TS after wasting so many in 2007. If at any time we feel too tied down or restricted I will rearrange/cancel reservations on MDE but I think with my plans everything should work out. The only one I'm considering cancelling/changing before we go is Breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre as this is the morning before MNSSHP (and the morning after my birthday) so I'm worried we may be tired and not ready for a late night at MK if we have too early a morning. If however they extend the trial BOG Breakfast I may book a late one this morning instead of 1900 PF.

Edited at 11:13 PM. Reason: to add detail about BOG Dinner reservation
Link to this Post

*Surprises*

The surprises are a few extra touches I've added to say "Thank You!" to my parent’s for coming with me and to make the trip even more magical and memorable. These are as well as our MNSSHP tickets and with the exception of the first surprise these are all new experiences for me in Florida as well as my parent's. I can’t wait to reveal them once we’re there.

1) Memory Maker

*Memory Maker*
(Image from Google)

The first surprise that I have booked is the Memory Maker. I added this through the CM who booked my ADRs and at a cost of $169 (£114.70). It linked straight in with my MDE plans I know I could be involved in a share but I don't mind paying out for the full thing myself as I think it's well worth it and I was very impressed with the photos I had taken when it was just Photopass back in 2007 and this didn't include ride photos/videos (only Test Track). My parent’s probably wouldn’t understand what the fuss is about with this is or appreciate the value for money until we’re there so it will be easier to get involved with the photographers and have some photos taken before explaining they’re already paid for. They’ll probably go mad if they knew how much it’s cost but it’s well worthwhile to get lots of cherished photos of us as a family and means no one is missing from every shot.

2) Wilderness Back Trail Adventure - Segway Tour

*Wilderness back trail adventure - Segway tour*
(Image from Google)

The second surprise I’m really excited about Again I booked this through the CM when booking my ADRs but I’d already looked into it and wanted to book it as a surprise. I got my DD a Segway Experience for Christmas 2013 so last year he had training and then went on a 2 hour ride out with a small group. He really enjoyed it and said he’d love to have another go sometime. DM and I both said that we’d like to try it as it looked so much fun but it’s never been mentioned since and the last place they’d consider doing it is in Florida

*DD on his Segway experience last year*

The tour cost me $287.55 (£195.16) altogether including tax ($95.85/£65.05 each) and will last approximately 2 hours. It is based at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort so I’ve booked a breakfast ADR at Trails End and then the tour at 11:30am (the other option is 8:30am)

*Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort*
(Image from Google)

Originally Posted by WDW Website
Experience nature the high-tech way as you explore Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and beyond on a Segway® X2.

The only problem I’m having so far without giving anything away is convincing my parents that they MUST take their trainers! The CM informed me trainers/sneakers must be worn and no Sketchers etc. We’ve all got new Sketchers Go Walks so I’m trying to get them to fly in their trainers “just incase” the Sketchers rub

3) Cirque Du Soleil – La Nouba

*Cirque Du Soleil - La Nouba*
(Image from Google)

Again, very excited about the third surprise (I get excited easily have you noticed? ) I’ve bought us all tickets to watch Cirque du Soleil – La Nouba at Downtown Disney My DM and I watched Cirque du Soleil “O” in Las Vegas and it was out of this world! There was so much going on you didn’t know where to look. I’ve gone a little crazy and booked Golden Circle Seats! I know other Dibbers/reviews have said there are no bad seats in the theatre and maybe Category 2 are best for the height but having watched “O” from one of the front rows I wanted to have equally as good as seats for La Nouba and they can't be top price and classed as Golden Circle for nothing right?! (we live and learn anyway). This will be DD first time watching a Cirque du Soleil performance so I know he will be very happy with this and I’m sure DM will be looking forward to seeing another one (once she knows )

*Golden Circle Seats in Block 103*
(Image from Google)

The tickets have cost me $444.12 (£286.99) altogether including tax ($148.04/£95.66 each) I’ve booked it for the 9pm performance following our ADR at The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Café. I’ve tried to space out the surprises and MNSSHP so in our second week we’ve got something every other day to look forward too and break up the normal park routine

I know some of you will probably wondering why I've spent so much on all these extras when one of the reasons for my parent's coming was to save me money. It's just they both do so much to help me, they go above and beyond what other parents do so I like to do things to say thank you and give them something/do something back for them in return. They will both no doubt hit the roof when they realise how much I've spent on them and will probably want to give me something towards them but I won't accept it, they've already said that they'll contribute considerably towards the cost of my holiday for my birthday present. I'm such a lucky girl and really appreciate the pair of them (just incase they read this later xxx) plus these are all things I want to do myself anyway so it’s all for me too
Link to this Post

*Shopping*

Here’s some of the many things I’ve started to buy for my upcoming trip. I’ve had a pile growing in my spare room since booking back in January however this first item was bought back when I was Christmas shopping last year. As soon as my friend saw it she said "you have to get this, it'll fab for Disney next year!" She knew back then I was determined to go

*Mickey Poncho from Primark – I put it away waiting in anticipation to book this special trip*

*Bambi T-Shirt from Ebay – this was a bargain 99p brand new with tags! *

You’ll soon start to feel my love of Frozen with some of the following purchases

*Frozen Wallet from Ebay for all the holiday documents*

*Disney/Frozen Stationary from Primark - Perfect for writing up those important trip notes*

*Frozen notebook from B&M – Again perfect for my trip notes *

I wanted a bag for the parks and got the following new with tags from Ebay, (originally from Hot Topic) it cost me £30 but was originally nearly $60. When it arrived though it was alot bigger than I expected so it's probably going to be my travel bag and waterpark bag. (I do love my bags! )

*Elsa/Frozen Hot Topic Bag from Ebay*

*Frozen Jumper from Primark - incase there's any cooler days/nights*

*Anna/Elsa & Olaf Flip Flops*

I think that's all my Frozen stuff so far but I've still got time to get more

*Bambi Shorts from Primark*

*Mickey & Minnie Trainer Socks from Primark*

*Minnie Socks from George at Asda*

I later found this Mickey Mouse Parka in Primark which folds up into itself so I decided I had to have one of these to keep in my park bag even though I already had my Poncho. I'll decide when packing if I'm taking them both or not

*Mickey Mouse Parka from Primark*

*Disney Princess T-Shirt from Primark*

Love the quote on this T-Shirt:

*Cinderella T-Shirt from George at Asda*

How cute is this Mickey Mouse Dress?!

*Mickey Mouse Dress from Ebay - another bargain which came new with original tags from ASOS*

*Sketchers Go Walk2 from Debenhams - we've all got a pair ready to walk those miles*

Then I went a little crazy on Disneystore.co.uk and bought the following items:

*Tsum Tsum bag personalised from Disney Store*

My DM & I both fell in love with these bags when we saw a fellow Dibbers post about them (thanks for that! ) We agreed they would be the perfect size for the parks and both ordered one. I paid extra (£4.99 ) to get mine personalised then we wouldn't keep getting them mixed up.

*Minnie Mouse Ears from Disney Store*

I couldn't leave these when I saw them, they're classed as Disneyland Paris Ears but who knows the difference?! I can't wait to wear these on my first day back in Magic Kingdom

*Mickey & Friend's Mens T-Shirt from Disney Store*

I've bought this T-Shirt for my DD as part of his Father's Day present. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to receive and wear it for his first visit to the Mouse.

There we have it, sorry I've rambled on in parts but you're all well and truly up-to-date with my plans. I hope you've enjoyed reading so far and I look forward to posting more updates as and when they happen xxx
Old 2 Jun 15, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshtink31
New Poster (4)

What a lovely way to spend your 30th bday! Plans sound great and such lovely surprises for your DM&DD 😊 love the disney wardrobe coming together! Primark is so good at the mo for disney outfits!
Welshtink31 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow am loving this already! Funnily enough I spent my 30th in Disney too - my dates were 7th to 21st October with my birthday falling on 13th! :-) it was amazing and even got woken up with a birthday cupcake and card by room service - loved it! Look forward to reading about your trip, if sounds amazing :-) x
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Everything sounds fab - loving all the detail you have put in .
I also went to Orlando for my 30th birthday !
You can't beat Primark for their Disney clothes - that Mickey parka is fantastic .
You're going to have an amazing holiday and I look forward to reading all about it .
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 15, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Wow fab start

Lots of great plans.

I'm spending my birthday away this year (unfortunately not my 30th - I wish!) Couldn't make my mind up whether to spend it at my No 1 place on my bucket list (New York) or in Florida - so I've decide to spend it in both . New York in the morning and Orlando in the evening.

Looking forward to reading more
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

looking forward to this,we last went in 2007,its been a loooong time
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List