Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jul 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Projected opening ? Confirmed for the skyliner

Apologies if this has already been posted but couldnt find it after a quick search. I have just seen on passport to the parks latest upload that they have been informed by a 'reliable' source that the opening date for the aoa to cbr and cbr to hs gondola routes is the 28th august. They are saying that the epcot line is going to be later in the year dut to ongoing construction. Obviously this hasn't been confirmed by disney so is subject to change.

Edited at 10:10 PM.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I must be the only person on here so underwhelmed by the skyliner. I'd much rather take the water taxi or monorail. I don't think I'd even give it a go just to see what the crack is.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Might do it once just for the ‘ride’ to say I’ve done it, but it’s going to be hot, hot, hot in the summer.

It does amaze me how these companies (this one as well) can put one up a mountain, during a small period of time, in a ski resort but this has taken ages.
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I thought they might open it in time for Galaxy's Edge opening. It'll be interesting to see what people make of it.
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
I must be the only person on here so underwhelmed by the skyliner. I'd much rather take the water taxi or monorail. I don't think I'd even give it a go just to see what the crack is.
No you're not the only one. I don't like heights and it would freak me out. Also I think it's an eyesore and wouldn't stay at a resort which has it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

We will definately be trying it out if this is correct , I consider Skyliner a great addition to WDW transportation system.
As with all change it will annoy/upset a proportion of people but in time it will become part of landscape.
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

I'm really looking forward to using it only because on my very first visit to Disney in 1981 there was a cable car in MK.

Bit of nostalgia but hell yes, it's going to be hot!
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Very happy if this is true as was hoping it would be open for our holiday.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List