Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Dithering on TS or QS

We have booked POFQ for next Aug and upgraded to TS. Then after reading a few posts and peoples reports on here we decided to downgrade to QS (we haven't cancelled anything yet mind) as it would be cheaper, save on tips, no set times for food etc.

Then after looking at more reports and some of the amazing places to eat we thought nope we've done wrong so back on the TS route.

Then we start planning the meals and get stressed so think nooooooooo lets go back to QS. Sorted. Then we read more reports and see pics so back on TS again

At the moment we are doing TS but doess anyone else go through this never ending circle of TS then QS then TS...

And what helped you make a final decision? I know everyone is different with different budgets, food requirements, kids, no kids, fussy eaters etc etc but just want to see others experiences as doubt we're alone in this
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

When I stayed at POFQ last year I upgraded so it was one of each and regretted it as I struggled with the heat, didn't feel very hungry, so I ended up using some TS credits for QS meals. I went to Beach Club a couple of months ago - since it was deluxe it was automatically one of each but again I used some TS credits for QS meals.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Next year I'm going back to POFQ and won't be upgrading, I'll just pay OOP for a few table service meals at restaurants I particularly like - Jungle Skipper Canteen, Yak & Yeti and Spice Road Table. The rest of my meals will be QS. POFQ's food court is brilliant and I'm looking forward to stuffing myself with the jambalaya there
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

If you want more ‘Disney’ go TS... some of the venues and settings are eyewatering... The food quality on average dissapoints.

If you are not wanting more Disney then QS Is the way to go

QS provides the spontaneity that the ridgid TS lacks.

Imho, everyone who wants to disney out should TS

Disney332
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
IMO there are lots of really nice and really good CS restuarants. You don't need to go TS to have good food.

We were going to do POFQ for our last trip with the QSDP. We ended up doing WL with the DDP included.

It was nice having a TS meal every day but it did restrict you to some extent and the tips were expensive.

If I were you I would list in order what your must do TS restuarants are. If your list is close to the number of days of your holiday then stick with the DDP, if not then switch back to the QSDP. And then stop questioning your decision and have fun planning!
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
If you want more ‘Disney’ go TS... some of the venues and settings are eyewatering... The food quality on average dissapoints.

If you are not wanting more Disney then QS Is the way to go

QS provides the spontaneity that the ridgid TS lacks.

Imho, everyone who wants to disney out should TS

Disney332
A lot of people are more concerned about the quality of the food rather than the venue and setting though, me being one of them. I couldn't care less about the setting as long as the food is half decent. Apart from the restaurants I mentioned the food I eat at QS restaurants is better than that I eat at TS ones.
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
A lot of people are more concerned about the quality of the food rather than the venue and setting though, me being one of them. I couldn't care less about the setting as long as the food is half decent. Apart from the restaurants I mentioned the food I eat at QS restaurants is better than that I eat at TS ones.
Whatever floats yr boat.

Personally I have always done TS for venue and perhaps character interaction rather than food quality. That way, I have never been disappointed.

I remember the Giraffe I saw out of thewindow at Sanna, and the Fireworks at MK from Calli Grill, more than the steak I was eating.

Disney332

Edited at 02:47 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

We have only been once before in May/June 18, stayed at AKL week 1 and offsite week 2 so had DDP. We found that having to book the ADRs so far in advance very difficult as you're trying to decide where you'll be, what time you'll be hungry and what food you'll be in the mood for 6 months in advance.

When we actually got out there, there were lots of times when we just weren't hungry but had to go for dinner as we had an ADR and couldn't cancel as it was less than 24 hours' notice. When we looked at trying to rearrange ADRs whilst out there, the availability of restaurants that we wanted to eat in was really limited or times really inconvenient so we ended up having to stick to the plan made 6 months before. We went over Whit school holidays and I think it's Martin Luther king day so was very busy - maybe if you're travelling in term time there'd be more last minute availability and therefore flexibility available to you.

I wasn't wowed by any of the DDP places we ate at - California Grill which we'd been really looking forward to had great views but the food (I had a risotto, probably seafood knowing me) was really salty and I like a lot of salt in my food and, again, we weren't hungry when we had to eat there.

Some people will say just because you're on the DDP you don't have to have a TS meal - use it on a QS meal instead but I found I just couldn't ignore the bad 'value' this was giving us. You may be a lot better at that. I'd thought I'd be okay with it but when I got out there, I found that I wasn't.

Next year we're staying at CBR and I'm so happy not to be on the DDP - we'll be able to eat whatever time we want, we won't all have to eat at the same time or place. I'm hoping it will really free us up. That being said, I wouldn't mind eating at Teppan Edo again - the only place I'd really like to go back to - but there's no way I'd pay OOP for a meal there. It was good but nowhere near as good as the prices charged.

All this being said though, I'm glad we've done DDP so now I know what we're missing and I don't believe it is something we'll miss on our forthcoming trip. I just don't think it was for us really but obviously loads of people swear by it.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

we love the TS element of our holiday, sitting in nice surroundings gives us a chance to slow down, chat together and talk about our day.
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I think if you are a first timer or even second timer then maybe quick service,if you have done all the attractions countless times then table service will probably become highlight of the day...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List