Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Whatever it takes...June 2019 Trip Report - Day 6

Friday 21st June

We woke up at 6.40am after a noisy night – some teenagers thought it was an excellent idea to run along the walkway outside our room in the middle of the night. More than once. Now I remember why I quit teaching!

We got up anyway and headed for Epcot in the car with the plan of going to Walmart afterwards – we rode Test Track, Mission Space – broke our ride stride for a Starbucks – Spaceship Earth and then Figment. We also got some Photopass pictures taken - and the photographer loved Dave's t -shirt!

We then made a decision to get our Annual Passes! If the 7 day rule did apply, and we lost the last day of our FP+ for this holiday, we could live with it. A very nice chap from Mexico served us at Guest Relations, and promptly told us about the now massively increased price of Annual Passes. We explained about the prices being locked in from our earlier enquiry, produced the paper we had been given and set about making sure we got that price. This cast member also told us that the 7 day rule didn’t apply as we were staying on site…so we could have got them earlier in the holiday! Anyway – he couldn’t understand the notes on the system, and disappeared out of the back for what seem liked forever. When he returned, he brought back the original cast member from Tokyo that we had spoken to, and all was well! Annual Passes were purchased – and we were absolutely buzzing! My credit card wasn’t (even at the original price) but being an Annual Passholder was amazing – and a good reason to keep going back to make the most of them!

Whilst we had been sorting out our Annual Passes, we had a message from our friends asking if we wanted to have a Disney Lunch Club at Starbucks at Disney Springs once they had returned from the Western Union at Publix to sort the lost currency card. We hopped in the car to Disney Springs, and postponed our Walmart trip to later on.

We nipped to Earl of Sandwich for a salad lunch before our somewhat international Disney Lunch Club. It was lovely to catch up with our friends and their family – they were staying at our usual haunt of POFQ and loving it.

All caught up, we were now off to Walmart. Forgetting it was Friday afternoon (you do lose all sense of what day it is on holiday!), we got stuck in traffic. A lot of it. We finally made it and picked up some Gatorade, water, sweets and chocolate – all the essentials!

It was soon time for a shower and to start making the most of our Annual Passes by booking an ADR – and we decided to head to Boatwrights! We didn’t need an excuse to head home to Port Orleans! I also find them very helpful with my allergies. As a party of 2, there was ample choice of ADRs on the day. I made a brief phone call home as my Dad had let me know that my one single house plant was dying – ironically because I overwatered it I think. Anyway, he agreed to take it home and put it in his conservatory to see if that would help dry it out. Spoiler alert – it didn’t!

We drove to Port Orleans, and were soon mooching round the shop at Riverside. Dave said that being at Port Orleans felt like coming home – and I have to say I agreed with him. We always stay at POFQ but visit POR, and think Port Orleans is just a lovely place. Once checked into Boatwrights, we were quickly seated and had a lovely server from Morocco, who dealt well with the feral family group on the table behind us. Dave had a steak with potatoes, and I had the allergy friendly chicken with greens and beans, both of which I could eat all day long! We had a lemonade with our meal, and then had also taken our refillable cups with us so we could get a drink from the Riverside Mill afterwards and go for a stroll around the resort. Although after the cornbread starter, it was more like a waddle!

Suitably waddled out, we headed back to All Star Sports for another soft drink (took a picture of the Golden Oaks sign on the way - well a girl can dream!), and then went to bed.

Steps: 16544
Food cost: $147.74
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

I have no houseplants at all as I just end up killing them! 😳🙈 great outcome for your AP and so lovely to catch up with your friends and end at a fave resort 😊👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I have no houseplants at all as I just end up killing them! 😳🙈 great outcome for your AP and so lovely to catch up with your friends and end at a fave resort 😊👌
I am a danger to all greenery I think! Thanks for reading 😁 x
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fab day, Boatwrights looks really lovely. May have to try it!

All my house plants are artificial. After I killed the kids cactus I didn't trust myself with real ones anymore x
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Another fab day, Boatwrights looks really lovely. May have to try it!

All my house plants are artificial. After I killed the kids cactus I didn't trust myself with real ones anymore x
We do like it there! 😂😂 I just can't keep anything green alive. Your countdown is getting much smaller 😁😁😁 xxx
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am beyond jealous of your APs. When I thought Free Dining had come to an end, I had planned to upgrade our tickets next year to APs as we are going in October and planned to go again in May. Now Free Dining is a possibility that idea doesn’t seem so realistic anymore and I am sad because I just wanted to say I was an AP holder haha.

POR was the first place we stayed onsite so it is really special to us too. We’re staying at French Quarter for the first-time next year and we’ll definitely be popping over to Boatwright’s, I think their menu is fantastic at the moment.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am beyond jealous of your APs. When I thought Free Dining had come to an end, I had planned to upgrade our tickets next year to APs as we are going in October and planned to go again in May. Now Free Dining is a possibility that idea doesn’t seem so realistic anymore and I am sad because I just wanted to say I was an AP holder haha.

POR was the first place we stayed onsite so it is really special to us too. We’re staying at French Quarter for the first-time next year and we’ll definitely be popping over to Boatwright’s, I think their menu is fantastic at the moment.
POFQ is great too - and we did love Boatwrights! I agree - there's something about having an AP. Are you going in May?
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
POFQ is great too - and we did love Boatwrights! I agree - there's something about having an AP. Are you going in May?
Not next May but hopefully May 2021, our anniversary is May 17th and we want to get married then. I've been doing a lot of sums and thinking that as long as free dining is offered upgrading to AP won't make sense. I might have to weigh up moderate with free dining vs. Value with Tables in Wonderland. What did you pay for your upgrade?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Not next May but hopefully May 2021, our anniversary is May 17th and we want to get married then. I've been doing a lot of sums and thinking that as long as free dining is offered upgrading to AP won't make sense. I might have to weigh up moderate with free dining vs. Value with Tables in Wonderland. What did you pay for your upgrade?
About $900 for two people - this was before the price hike which made it more like $1400 for 2 people!