Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Apr 22, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellie live & indirect Apr22. Day 8 villa, shopping, Teak

I had gone to bed before 10pm last night as I was falling asleep on the couch. I woke at 4:30 as Kevin was snoring really loud so I did yesterdays trip report and put my earplugs in to go back to sleep as I still felt really tired. Woke again after 9am which is a very long sleep for me - and I still felt very tired and sluggish.

Finally dragged myself out of bed at 11am. So either our busy first week has caught up with me, (can’t believe we are more than halfway into our holiday) or I am going to have one of ‘those’ post covid days. We will see.

Downstairs and got myself some cap’n crunch. I love this stuff and Kevin had picked it up in Walmart yesterday.

Which reminds me / here’s yesterdays receipt for anyone who wants an idea of some prices.

He picked up more twin pack secret deodorant for me. $5.97 for the twin pack so that’s the cheapest so far. I will be returning for a years supply for both Hannah and I.

Both kids had been up for breakfast and back to their rooms again. Kevin was out by the pool enjoying the sun. The pool is lovely and quiet. Not overlooked. It backs onto some woods and I can hear lots of different tweety birds but haven’t seen anything yet. I think I was a bit spoilt by all the wildlife we could see at the villa we stayed before. Kevin said he had seen lots of low flying hawks earlier in the morning.

I later found the kids had waited til I got up and immediately settled themselves onto the massage chairs in our room in front of the massive tv screen to watch shooter. The 2 of them sitting there buzzing away!

We had agreed a lazy morning and lunch in the villa before doing whatever we were going to do. Just as well since I’ve spent most of the morning in bed. I’m happy to go with everyone else’s choices for the rest of this week. The one rule is nobody has to do anything they don’t want to. They’re both old enough now to stay home and chill if we are doing something that doesn’t interest them.

There was more pool played

Kevin made toasted bagels for everyone for lunch

And I set up my wee dot so we had Jordan Davis, Keith Urban, Luke Combs and Ashley McBryde blasting. It was great. Proper chill out time. I was really enjoying the slow pace as I was definitely only in 3rd gear today.

We got ready later and left at 2pm only to have to double back 5 minutes later as Hannah had forgot her fleece for when it cools down later. It is 82 degrees today. Just lovely. But it tends to cool at night in April so best to have a cardi or fleece in the car just in case.

We drove to Way Out West first.

Some of you will remember my penchant for cowboy boots and embellished jeans. I do wear those cowboy boots I bought a few years back. Mainly in the summer with wee dresses, sometimes in winter with jeans to our local pub, and sometimes just to Aldi to cheer myself up!

Anyway I’m on the hunt for a nice wee ankle boot this year. I really don’t need any more sparkly jeans though. I still have loads.

I tried on a few boots but there was nothing that was quite what I wanted. Then I checked the jeans (just in case you know) but again nothing I wanted

Then 12miles up I4 to Vineland Premium Outlets. Here we split up as usual into boys and girls as we always shop better that way.

Into Guess and Hannah tried a few watches in here before buying the one with Roman numerals

All very casual clothes in Calvin Klein again like joggers hoodies sports stuff. None of the lovely tops dresses and trousers etc they used to have.

Checked Kate Spade even though we had been in the one at International outlets. Delighted I did, as I found a silver version of the necklace I bought a few years back which I wear ALL the time

Next was into the Clarins shop and as we were walking towards it I was telling Hannah how in the years before when we had come in April, I had managed to get the advent box reduced and had been gutted when I couldn’t get them on our June holidays.

We were in luck. The advent calendar was out! Checked what was inside and as it was all stuff we would use and good value we bought one each. The first 2 items are full size then the rest are sample size. There was a sign saying you needed to buy 2 full size items to buy the calendar but the lady said we didn’t have to.

Had a look in Swarovski but didn’t buy anything.

Stopped for a mint choc sundae for Hannah and a Dulce de leche milkshake for me from the Haagen Dazs shop

I went into Levi’s where I wanted a couple of skinny high rise but they are $69.50 each buy one get one 50% off, which is quite a bit more than I used to pay. I hummed and hawed and decided to leave them for now.

Caught up with the boys who had only bought a pair of shorts and a couple of caps from under armour

We crossed over to North Face and yet again proved it’s worth checking both NF outlets. Loads of different stock and we bought a fair few things.

2 T-shirts for kieran for $27

Kevin got a tshirt $8.99 and a hoodie $13.49

I got my usual knee length padded coat but in a gold colour $130.05 and we bought Hannah a thick padded black coat $89.99 I have this exact coat which I bought in the uk, and it’s so cosy but I paid £150 for it in a sale.

We were really happy with our bargains in here

Hannah went on to Forever 21 with Kieran while Kevin and I had a look in Ugg. I bought a pair of brown leather boots in here.

One of the male assistants kept double taking at Kevin then came over and said ‘has anyone ever told you, you look like Chris Ramsay?’

We’re looking at him confused thinking eh? Chris Ramsay?

Then he said ‘yeah yeah the magician guy’. Turns out he meant THIS Chris Ramsay

and once we had googled who he was, yes! we could see it to be fair!

Caught up with the kids in forever 21 where Hannah was buying bits of jewellery

back to the car and drove to the Boot Barn. While I was shopping and trying stuff on Hannah was being totally chatted up by Hunter the sales assistant. He was tall with blond curly hair and a white cowboy hat and Hannah was blushing and grinning like mad. He was telling her that his grampa came over here from Glasgow when he was young and still has the exact same accent as us. There was much flirting from both sides and I was in the changing room giggling to myself.

Kevin and Kieran were too busy mucking about on the bull (which is allowed btw - it had a wee ladder up help you climb into it!) at the other side of the store to ruin her street cred thank god

Once Hunter stopped chatting up my daughter and remember he worked here, I bought a wee pair of tan ankle boots and a pair of jeans I liked the shape of.

It was 7pm and having shopped more than enough it is food time. Finally time to head to our favourite place. Teak!

It was ‘at least’ a 30 minute wait for an outside table so we sat inside. It was so busy outside because it’s trivia night and they would ask one question inbetween each song the DJ played.

The menu has changed quite a bit and although there are most of the same burgers I was gutted to see my favourite cedar plank salmon with garlic mash was gone. Gutted!

I didn’t feel like I should be having any alcohol today so we all just had Diet Pepsi.

I went for the Tuesday Tacos (chicken)

Kevin had the Wholey Hell

Kieran the Drunken Monk with chilli cheese fries

Hannah had the waffle burger but subbed the beef patty for grilled chicken (which they will do for any burger)

They all agreed they were still the best burgers they d ever had so it remains a family favourite although it’s lost a few points for ditching my salmon. You can still get salmon on a salad but it’s not the same. If we come back this trip I might be tempted to see if they can do the salmon from the salad with the garlic mash instead as that’s still there on the sides. You never know

Kieran was the only one that could fit a dessert. He initially ordered the waffle ice cream thing but the waiter said ‘’no no no man - it’s gross. Get either the cronie or the brownie. So much better’’ We thought he was kidding but he wasn’t. So kieran switched to the cronie.

While we were waiting the waitress came and cleared all our drinks away til the table was empty which was odd as some of the cokes still had about a third full. But we knew she was a trainee as we had heard them say so, so didn’t say anything.

Kieran made a hearty attempt at this and I helped him finish the ice cream. It was very sweet with lots of cinnamon.

We paid the check which is still so reasonably priced for tasty food

And set off home which turned into a good 50 minute drive. The I4 was really busy considering it was just a Tuesday night at 9:30. Maybe it’s always this busy as it’s been quite a few years since we’ve stayed down the I4 rather than along the 192.

Hannah started to feel a bit sick in the car and made it home, but was a bit sick then went straight to bed. Poor thing.

Kieran and Kevin sat watching tv with a beer but I sat in our bedroom for a while so I could keep an ear out for Hannah until I knew she had fallen asleep. Hopefully it’s just a passing thing having been in the car so long straight after dinner.

Helen x

Edited at 04:00 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi. I have been reading along again. Thanks for taking the time to do the report. Another lovely day with some great shopping - North face was a result! Great food too👍X
Old 13 Apr 22, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fantastic day Helen and Co ❤️

Love the boots and the denims Helen, they look fab on you! Love the Hunter/Hannah interaction ahhh young love 😍

Cannot believe how fast your holiday is going 😳🙈 but you're 💯 making the most of it 😜

How good is that price for your Secret deodorant, great find 👍 get stocking up!

Keep the report coming, it's brilliant 👌

Hope Hannah is feeling better today 😘 xx

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What a nice lazy day. Great bargains in North Face!

I hope Hannah feels better today x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Love a shopping day! We visited Teak on our 2019 thanks to your reports and absolutely loved it! Can’t wait to go back in June!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your pool area looks lovely and relaxing. You did well at North Face, we buy most of our winter coats in Orlando! Teak is a favourite- I am impressed by anyone that can finish a whole burger- they are enormous 😂 Kieran did well to attempt dessert. 😁 Sorry to hear Hannah wasn’t well, I hope she is feeling better xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Another great day. Seems to have been more bargains at that mall. Love your North Face coat! Thanks for the prices of things - good to know. I love the Secret deodorants too and that does seem a very decent price for them. I remember you mentioning Teak on your last trip - it does look really tasty and reasonably priced.
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
A great day, some lovely clothes and beautiful jewellery. My kind of day! I can’t get over the price of your Tide! I guess that's a big bottle. Prices are definitely going up.

We've never had the opportunity to try Teak, but it's on the list for future visits. It looks to be great value and works out at around £67 plus tip. It makes me annoyed that someone has started a tipping thread based on the fact that they think the dining out costs are expensive!
Old 13 Apr 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Reading along from my sun bed in Tenerife! Can’t wait for August to get to Florida! Shame Hannah’s new fella didn’t offer you some discount on your boots and jeans! 🤪
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Wow, Teak looks just as good 3 years later! Can't wait to to get back there 😍
Hope you and Hannah are feeling better, look forward to next installment 😃
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List