Notices

Old 6 Aug 12, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Well it really is nearly time to go. This time next week we will be in New York just about to depart onwards to MCO. Seem's really strange that this time last year we were in Santorini - tomorrow is my sisters 1 year anniversary of the wedding there. We had this trip already booked when we were on that holiday last year so its been a long time in the planning and although we have booked the previous Florida trips in advance, not as far in advance as this time.

We have started packing things - I am trying to be really good and travel light. I have had to make tough decisions on t-shirts that I am not taking with me so only have about 6 packed and have narrowed it down from about 8 short sleeved shirts to just 3. I may reduce that further. All means there is more room to bring things back with us. Lindsay started the packing of her's and Emily's clothes so later this week I will go through that with her and narrow it down some more (and re-pack it because she is not neat ).

So, its nearly time. I made the daft decision to volunteer the other week to be on-call this week - which would have meant I would be on-call when checking in but have re-organised that so as of 6pm on Saturday I am officially off the clock. Does mean I will be working on Saturday morning/early afternoon as that's part of the on-call cover we do but it will be a nice way to end work before the holiday - and its double time too (due to my contract).

No doubt there will be some giddy updates towards the end of the week.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 12, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida2009
slightly serious Dibber

Same here mate. Clothes are in piles ready to go into cases and all paperwork sorted ready to go. Just now wonfering how i am going to get all the gadgets in my hand luggage. Not long now.
Florida2009 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 12, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Ive been thinking about gadgets and where to pack them. I have my netbook and my camera which are going to have to go in the hand luggage - along with my folder with the documents in and the sat nav (for quick access). We bought the cabin cases on the Tesco deal and they will go nicely in there with a few other things (going to pack a few clothes in there just in case because we are flying indirect for the first time).

I think I will put the camcorder in one of the main cases instead of hand luggage. Its only small (This model) so could go in the hand luggage but I don't want to feel like a branch of Dixons. I may even leave it home because my new camera will record full HD anyway (decisions decisions).

Oh how I hate packing!
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 12, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Just packed the suitcases - packed just 2 with our folding suitcase inside one of them and was only 22Kg for one and 18Kg for the other so well within our limit. Means loads of room to bring things back.

Im going to have to pack the netbook, cameras (video and normal), sat nav, DS's etc. in the hand luggage though (we have cabin cases so plenty of room anyway).

Last day in work tomorrow morning (and only because I volunteered) and on-call until 6pm then I am a free man!
Old 12 Aug 12, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
We go tomorrow. Have been out early today to go to Manchester Airport Viewing Park and took some pictures of the flight we will be on tomorrow. Here's one of them

Old 22 May 13, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
loved reading report and t shirt
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Starting the journey with you...
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List