Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jun 22, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Alcohol, and going with kids age 18 - 20?

Wondering how this will work. Will be odd them not to have a sociable drink with them at dinner or pool etc.

Anyone that brought older kids, how did it work out for them?
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there,
Here just now with my 19 yr old daughter, she was a bit grumpy the first couple times we went out for food in evening 😂 but those are the rules and she’s not even mentioning it now!
Old 26 Jun 22, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Its outside my DS circle of influence so he just accepts it. Can get nice mocktails etc when out otherwise just soft drinks. At “home” in self catering accommodation can get a beer with dinner.

Just make sure if you shopping at supermarket and buy beer/wine that your under 21 child doesn’t go near touching the bottles (not even helping putting in trolley) or they might refuse sell it to you. We have also been asked who the beer is for at checkout.
Old 26 Jun 22, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
Its outside my DS circle of influence so he just accepts it. Can get nice mocktails etc when out otherwise just soft drinks. At “home” in self catering accommodation can get a beer with dinner.

Just make sure if you shopping at supermarket and buy beer/wine that your under 21 child doesn’t go near touching the bottles (not even helping putting in trolley) or they might refuse sell it to you. We have also been asked who the beer is for at checkout.
We had a checkout staff member at Walmart shout at our eldest child once as she was helping pack and lifted the carrier bag from the stand into the trolley (it had 1 bottle of wine in), started ranting that she could get arrested. Frightened her to death.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Antsp
Excited about Disney

Can't have a drink, but can buy a gun. God bless America
Antsp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

we have an 18 year old girl and 21 year old son so it will be a novelty for our son to drink in disney as the last time we went was 5 years ago.

DD is a bit disappointed to not be able to have a drink with dinner but will be happy for have a shirley Temple with dinner and have a gin and tonic or wine in our hotel room.

Am hoping she is allowed a drink or 2 on the plane out (club class) and maybe in the lounge and that will have to do!
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ll have an 18 & 21 yr old going . The 21 yr old is more excited about driving over there if I’m honest than drinking , so he knows he can’t drink anyway . The 18 yr old will have a drink on the plane coming home but not going , don’t want To get denied entry if he had a whiff of alcohol on him. I’m not sure if we will Even buy any for the room as we mostly just flop into bed after park days .they can manage for 2 weeks as we normally do . I’m also not sure either of them would want to pay £10 for a pint either because I know we certainly don’t .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’ll have an 18 & 21 yr old going . The 21 yr old is more excited about driving over there if I’m honest than drinking , so he knows he can’t drink anyway . The 18 yr old will have a drink on the plane coming home but not going , don’t want To get denied entry if he had a whiff of alcohol on him. I’m not sure if we will Even buy any for the room as we mostly just flop into bed after park days .they can manage for 2 weeks as we normally do . I’m also not sure either of them would want to pay £10 for a pint either because I know we certainly don’t .
Just to remind you that there may be an under age driver surcharge on any car hire for under 25's. I am sure you have considered this already but it can be easily overlooked so check any car hire you may have booked.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Just to remind you that there may be an under age driver surcharge on any car hire for under 25's. I am sure you have considered this already but it can be easily overlooked so check any car hire you may have booked.
Virgin gold plus have no surcharge . Cost an arm and a leg but fully worth it . We scoured the internet .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

If planning to have a few on the plane over be aware that the immigration officer may speak to your young adult and it could ( not saying it will) be a problem if they smell alcohol.
Our boy was 16 and offered alcohol by TUi staff on the way out back in 2010 he looks way older !
But when we got to MCO the immigration offer asked him a few questions quite close to him .
He found it hard to believe he was 16 as he is 6.7”
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List