Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jun 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I agree with everyone else it looks great. Enjoy sorting out your flower beds. You're on the home straight now.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Well all finished😁 Builder did come back this morning just to sweep everything up and check we were happy!

We have taken the rubbish to the tip and booked for the skip to be collected. Now to enjoy it😉🌞
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Please post pictures of the finished look
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a difference, looking great 😊
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Please post pictures of the finished look
Will do when I’ve sorted the flower beds out!
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Thats looks fabulous, Parisdisneyfan!

Would you mind me asking for a ballpark figure for that work? Im trying to convince DH to get our garden landscaped, and it would be great to know so I can prime him up

Ive been following your renovations since the beginning I think... but it would be great to see pics of everything all together!
Old 29 Jun 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
Thats looks fabulous, Parisdisneyfan!

Would you mind me asking for a ballpark figure for that work? Im trying to convince DH to get our garden landscaped, and it would be great to know so I can prime him up

Ive been following your renovations since the beginning I think... but it would be great to see pics of everything all together!
Thank you, it’s kept me sane documenting it all and looking back at how far we have come! I will think about doing some sort of round up although still got a couple of bits to do😉

Cost wise for the garden, it’s how long is a piece of string! It was a bit less than 20 square metres plus 3 steps - 2 at the back and 1 at the front. We had 3 quotes, all were similar for slabs and other materials which came in around £1k, 6 yd skip for inert waste ie soil and rubble only was £250. We could have had smaller but we wanted to get rid of old and broken slabs that previous owner had left all round the garden! Labour & plant cost varied between £200 - £300 per day. The first company that ended up letting us down said they could do it with 2-3 men in 3 days. The chap we did use was on his own and took 6 full days plus a couple of hours. He also did a couple of extra bits for us at no charge. Being quite a small space I think it just being one person worked better. If there had been 2 I guess one could have been mixing the concrete while the other was laying it🥴Although you still pay roughly the same as same number of man hours! The first company had loads of good reviews but actually the guy we used was lovely- ex civil engineer from building background plus good reviews - so I think we landed on our feet despite it taking a couple of months longer to get some one.

Good luck with it all!

Btw we knew what we wanted, so no design fees etc which some companies might charge. We also had 1 company that were charging £60 just to come out and quote😳 refundable when they got the job! On one hand I can sort of understand this but on the other he could put in a ridiculous high quote that you wouldn’t accept and pocket your £60!
Old 30 Jun 22, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Thank you, it’s kept me sane documenting it all and looking back at how far we have come! I will think about doing some sort of round up although still got a couple of bits to do😉

Cost wise for the garden, it’s how long is a piece of string! It was a bit less than 20 square metres plus 3 steps - 2 at the back and 1 at the front. We had 3 quotes, all were similar for slabs and other materials which came in around £1k, 6 yd skip for inert waste ie soil and rubble only was £250. We could have had smaller but we wanted to get rid of old and broken slabs that previous owner had left all round the garden! Labour & plant cost varied between £200 - £300 per day. The first company that ended up letting us down said they could do it with 2-3 men in 3 days. The chap we did use was on his own and took 6 full days plus a couple of hours. He also did a couple of extra bits for us at no charge. Being quite a small space I think it just being one person worked better. If there had been 2 I guess one could have been mixing the concrete while the other was laying it🥴Although you still pay roughly the same as same number of man hours! The first company had loads of good reviews but actually the guy we used was lovely- ex civil engineer from building background plus good reviews - so I think we landed on our feet despite it taking a couple of months longer to get some one.

Good luck with it all!

Btw we knew what we wanted, so no design fees etc which some companies might charge. We also had 1 company that were charging £60 just to come out and quote😳 refundable when they got the job! On one hand I can sort of understand this but on the other he could put in a ridiculous high quote that you wouldn’t accept and pocket your £60!
Thanks for that... very much appreciated as it gives me an idea of where to start.

We would need a full plan though, as we haven't a clue We are here 22 years, and its been on the list for years, so Im hoping we can finally get it looking as good as it can be, but Im expecting a hefty bill
Old 30 Jun 22, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
Thanks for that... very much appreciated as it gives me an idea of where to start.

We would need a full plan though, as we haven't a clue We are here 22 years, and its been on the list for years, so Im hoping we can finally get it looking as good as it can be, but Im expecting a hefty bill
You’re welcome. Good luck, it is definitely harder to spend money on a place when you have got used to things!
Old 4 Aug 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

A few more pics now we have tidied the beds and regravelled the path. Can’t decide on a bistro set so got old furniture at the moment. The beds look bare as I hoicked up all the crocosmia/monbretia. It was all flopped over and most had no flowers. Haven’t decided what to do with it yet🥴

Very happy with it all and sitting on it dibbing now😉

Pathway this morning

And now

What do you think of the pots? Is the path wide enough?

Next job is regrouting old bit of patio - regrouting is the easy bit with the stuff the builder used on the new piece, it’s getting the old stuff out first😭