Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jul 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
I think it's one of those you potentially have to ride it to decide...I know that sounds silly, but like many others have said I'll ride any coaster, I love them and have never had any issues with them/been scared/felt ill. Some of my friends who have ridden it have been absolutely fine and would have gone straight back on it.

However this made my life flash before my eyes and I was ill! I was so excited and went on it with my brother. I hated that it was only a waist restraint (how it been similar to the likes of hulk I may have felt different) the airtime out my seat made me fear for my life! For me it started off absolutely fine, even going up to the top of that high drop, however when it got to the top and went over that's when things changed for me, I felt like I was floating going over. When it got to the corkscrew my head felt like it was going to explode. We got back to the loading bay and I was shaking, I felt like I was going to throw up, I couldn't stand straight for about 2 hours! I couldn't face eating or drinking anything and I parked myself up outside Three Broomsticks for about 2 hours in the shade with the cool from the restaurant whilst my family went off and enjoyed Hogsmede! The thing that made me feel better, melon! Dad brought me a pot of melon, I wolfed the lot and it was like the last few hours hadn't even happened I will say though it is very smooth and the theming is incredible.

Would I try it again next time I'm there potentially! Someone suggested some great motion sickness tablets from Walmart (I can't remember the name), but I was told to take them about an hour before I go on it. I wanted to enjoy it so much so I'm willing to try something different that may mean I enjoy it. If I still don't then I know it's not for me.
Maybe your blood sugar was abit low prior to riding too which could explain why the melon helped?
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Air Hercs View Post
Yes! A Rescuer trip report to look forward to! Have a great time.
Aww what a lovely thing to say.
Old 1 Jul 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

if unsure how you will cope make sure you sit in the middle of the ride
Old 1 Jul 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
if unsure how you will cope make sure you sit in the middle of the ride
Less chance of falling out the middle seats as well
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

It’s the best. So so smooth, and ridiculously fast
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
arly entry for the first ride of our holiday on Monday 🤞
Monday?! Eeeek!🎉

Edited at 11:37 PM. Reason: trying to get that "party" emoji in there
sunshines is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Getting Excited

On and off in 25 minutes at 10am this morning. Intense, screaming and several omgs from me. Definitely would ride it again.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyDisney View Post
On and off in 25 minutes at 10am this morning. Intense, screaming and several omgs from me. Definitely would ride it again.
Did you have express pass and early entry? Trying to work out my strategy!
Old 6 Jul 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melville View Post
Did you have express pass and early entry? Trying to work out my strategy!
Express Pass isn't active on Velocicoaster yet. We went straight for Velocicoaster on early entry as everyone else tends to head for hagrids. We joined the queue at 8.15 am and we were off by 8.40am. Hagrids by that point was showing as a 2 hour queue.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Getting Excited

As pp says no express pass and no we didn't have early entry. Think everyone had headed for Hagrids so when we saw 25 minutes wait time we took our chances. Think we got lucky as we joined Hagrid queue when it said 90 minutes and we were off in 50 minutes.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List