Notices

Old 1 Jul 22, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Abby, Dave is a man afternoon my own heart! I love the mini mints 😉 I mean hand towels and I think you will actually find them super useful! Time really is flying by now, roll on the summer holidays! 🤩🏝✈️
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Love it - trust a man to find something so random, but it's hinting at enthusiasm for the hols so got to be good! 😄 👌
He's also bought a small water bottle for his park bag. Again, I'm like "why?" as we have a cupboard full of water bottles and tupperware we definitely don't need anymore. You're right though, he is at least hinting at enthusiasm for the trip.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Abby, Dave is a man afternoon my own heart! I love the mini mints 😉 I mean hand towels and I think you will actually find them super useful! Time really is flying by now, roll on the summer holidays! 🤩🏝✈️
I will probably begrudgingly have to admit that they are refreshing and really handy when we are hot, sweaty mess in Florida. Time is definitely marching on. I'm so busy at work, I'm sure the summer term is supposed to be all wind down and quiet but it doesn't seem to have happened that way this year.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Daily Plans

I usually try to upload photos for all the planning updates as it breaks up the prose and I know I can go on a lot I'm afraid you haven't got any lovely photos at all, but you will see that I have overused the emojis! Also, this is only part 1 of the daily plans .

Pre Travel Day

The cases will have already been packed by now. There is going to be a full on military style packing day at the weekend. It will involve packing cubes, some heated debates, a fair few huffs and much eye rolling . I want to make sure that we have our overnight stuff and the clothes we need for the first 2 days at All Star Sports in one of the carry on bags. This way we won’t have to unpack everything for just 2 days . Sensible right? Kate will be fine with this, Dave will be all “how do I know what I will want to wear?” and I’ll be “I don’t care, but if you don’t make a decision I’ll decide for you” . However, we will have to open one of the big cases we will some toiletries that are over 100ml in one of them, but I won't be telling him this .

The morning will be spent manically cleaning, checking that the passports are still in my Mia Tui bag and then re-checking just in case they have evaporated.

And on this trip we will also have to make sure Max knows where the stop cock is (after having explained to him what the heck it is), how to use the washing machine and running through a list of emergency numbers and who to phone in various ‘what if’ situations. I’ve already decided that I will video call him daily while we are away, he’s looking forward to that .

After the millionth time of showing Max the fuse box and leaving a list as long as his arm of what colour bin goes out on which day, we will make our way to the airport. Despite only living an hour from Gatwick and us being on the 2nd flight to Orlando out the following day this is still a must do for us. We’ve got bargain valet parking at £99 for 22 days and will be staying overnight at the Premier Inn attached to the North Terminal.

I booked up the meal deal thingy with Premier Inn as we have a later the flight we will have time for a breakfast in the morning, so I figured we may as well eat in their restaurant in the evening too. I will make sure to pack a couple of cans of G&T for the room .

Off to bed, but not actually to sleep for me, the night will end up lasting approximately a thousand years and I’ll do some pacing, some reading, some messing about on my phone and then check the time only to find that barely 7 minutes has passed since I last checked the time and it’s only 1.38 am. Finally, I’ll drift off only to wake up, grab a couple of hours of something resembling sleep which is really just me tossing and turning with my eyes closed. I’ll give in around 5 am and just accept it, deciding I’ll sleep on the plane – which of course won’t happen either .

Aahh, the perfect pre-travel day

Travel Day

A lovely leisurely start as we’re on the later flight – well for Dave and Kate at least! We can enjoy our yummy Premier Inn breakfast and then pack up our bits and bobs.

We will need to catch the monorail, or whatever they call it at Gatwick, as we are flying with BA from the South Terminal. We’ll be ridiculously early for check in and make our way through security straight away so that we are airside and I will start to breathe a sigh of relief and really believe that we are actually going back to Orlando.

I have booked us into one of the airport lounges so we can hang out in there and likely eat more breakfast and have some snacks – I’ve not been dieting for the last few months for nothing ! I daresay a few alcoholic beverages will be consumed under the guise of ‘airport time’ is not like real life time. Kate will be checking the screens every 2 minutes and asking me when we will need to go to the gate, I'll be doing a Dibb post that we are at the airport, and then finally the gate will come up and we will feel like we need to rush there just to make sure the plane doesn’t leave without us. Of course, it won’t and we’ll just be hanging around there too waiting until it’s our turn to board.

I’ve not pre-booked seats and so I’m hoping that as we are a party of 3 we will be seated near a window as opposed to the middle section. If so, then it will likely be me near the window, Kate in the middle and Dave on the aisle. We will then completely ignore each other, plug our earphones in and peruse the movies on offer. I will attempt a plane selfie and Kate will sigh and roll her eyes , while Dave will indulge me .

We’ll settle in for the flight and enjoy the drinks cart offerings, Kate will hate all the food and say the smell is making her queasy, Dave and I will think the food is actually alright really…I’ll put on a Disney movie that I’ve seen a million times in the hopes that I doze off a bit and likely will nap given the drinks consumed . I’ll take lots of photos of out the window of the sky, the wing of the plane, and of the flight radar tracking screen. I’ll really be believing we are actually going to make it to Florida and not be able to focus on the movie that I pick.

After what seems an eternity we will land, make it through the terrors of immigration and picking up the cases, and out to the front of the terminal. I plan on us using Uber or Lyft as I’ve not booked up transfers. This has worked fine before as the Wi-Fi at MCO is actually pretty good.

We will tiredly make our way into All Star Sports and check in. I’ll try to remember to take some photos of the room before we mess it all up. We will pop over to the quick service to grab some dinner, which we won’t really need after all the other food. We will also stock up on some snacks for breakfast in the morning. Then we will collapse in bed and fall asleep only to wake up at around midnight feeling like it’s morning already .

Day 1

After another sleepless night for me, we will be up at the crack of dawn as we are going to AK. The park opens at 8 am, we will have early entry from 7.30 am and I want us on a bus by 7 am. Aahh, there’s nothing like a relaxing Florida holiday .

I’ll be trying not to get cross while booking up a Genie+ attraction as soon as it hits 7 am. When we get to the park I will completely ignore all photo opportunities as we will be on a mission to get in the Flight of Passage queue. I’m hoping it will be less than 45 minutes as we don’t really have much of a tolerance for queueing. The food court snacks will be consumed in the queue as a way of staving off questions from Dave and Kate about how long until we get to the front.

I’m assuming we will be able to ride most things using Genie+, as my daily plans are set in a Universe where everything runs smoothly, without any complications or frustrations Then when we are hungry we will head over to Yak and Yeti for some lunch.

During the ADR booking I wanted to book up Yak and Yeti for lunch as we’ve only ever done the quick service before. Well, I was a bit disappointed actually as the earliest time I could get is 4pm. This is too late but I booked it anyway . I will use my Landry card and asking if they can squeeze us in earlier. After that we may watch one of the shows, but more than likely we will head back to the resort for some chill out time in the pool.

Later on in the afternoon I want to head over to Disney Springs to collect our 50th anniversary magic bands that came with our tickets. Plus, the lounges over there are calling me…Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar has a bunch of cocktails with my name on them. They used to have a happy hour between 3pm and 6.30pm – is that still the case? Either way we are making our way to Jock Lindsey’s and enjoying a cocktail or two.

Day 2

This is a changeover day we check out of ASS and into Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge, aahh I’m dreaming of this. Anyway, I digress as we can’t check in until 4pm, back to the matter at hand... I have had real trouble in deciding what to do on this day .

So far I have these options:

Option 1 – Chilled out morning, manic evening

Stack rides for an evening at HS while chilling out at ASS, use the pool, check out leave the bags with Bell Services and then get an Uber to the Ross Dress for Less at Rolling Oaks, do a bit of shopping, eat lunch at Bahama Breeze, do some shopping at Target for room snacks and breakfast bits. Then get an Uber to WL. Check in, try not to cry when we get welcomed home, see our beautiful room and try not to cry again, do a bit of unpacking and then head over to HS. We have an 8pm ADR for Oga’s Cantina. Try and get on Rise of the Resistance at the end of the evening. This will be our first time in Galaxies Edge and our first time riding Rise.

Option 2 – Manic all day

Set the alarm for 6am, drop the bags off at Bell Services, get on a bus by 7.30am, get in the queue for Rise of the Resistance and hope it’s not too long. Use Genie+ to do a few rides. Then grab an Uber/Lyft for a spot of lunch at Bahama Breeze and shopping at Target. Then it’s over to WL for check in at 4pm, and all of this is while simultaneously getting my Genie+ groove on and stacking up those rides at HS for the evening . Similar evening as outlined in option 1.

Option 3 – Manic morning, chilled out afternoon and evening

Or, we could adopt the same morning strategy as option 2 heading to HS for rope drop. But then instead of going shopping before check in, head to WL in the hopes of an early check in. Fall in love all over again with the resort and try not to cry. Do a spot of unpacking and then go out to do the shopping and have dinner at Bahama Breeze later in the evening. So, not returning to the HS in the evening.

Option 4 - Manic morning, even more chilled out afternoon and evening than option 3

This is effectively a repeat of option 3, so heading to HS in the morning and then checking into WL but without the offsite shopping and dinner. Instead we could just hang out at the resort in the evening, eat at Geyser Point and enjoy the resort. Do the shopping another day.

Seriously I need help, the more I think about the more options I come up with .

One of the things I’ve been worrying about is that we will get some chilled items when shopping, milk etc, and I don’t want to be checking in with a bunch of shopping bags. This is our best chance of going to HS for rope drop as I really can’t see us getting to rope drop after about day 4 or 5. So, there’s that as well. I think as it’s resort handover day it’s worrying me . We don’t usually spend all day in the parks and like to have a midday break and I’m struggling to decide the best order for the day.

What would you do? Please help, as I'm struggling to plan the rest of the trip as I keep stalling on this day, it's like a road block that I can't get past.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Manic all day for sure! I suspect you could’ve guessed that would be my answer 😂
We found rope drop at HS was well worth it, and also loved the park at night - so option 2 is a good one in my opinion.
I love going hard at the start of the holiday, before relaxing into a more chilled pace as it goes on.

But I think you’ll have a great day whatever you choose!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Manic all day for sure! I suspect you could’ve guessed that would be my answer 😂
We found rope drop at HS was well worth it, and also loved the park at night - so option 2 is a good one in my opinion.
I love going hard at the start of the holiday, before relaxing into a more chilled pace as it goes on.

But I think you’ll have a great day whatever you choose!
Good point about day 2 and stamina in the early part of the trip. I think it is better to do park opening, or at least to aim to get there for park opening. And then just see how we go. None of the afternoon activities need to actually be booked so if we don't fancy shopping on the day then we don't need to. If we don't want to head back into the park in the evening again we don't need to.

Thanks Tara

Old 3 Jul 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Brilliant plans so far Abby 👌 hmm, your options are all good - only one I know I couldn't do is your option 2, remembering how I feel that second day! May be tempted to avoid option 1 as well, just thinking that I may lose my 'get up and go' by the time my chilled morning is done.. 😋 but that's just me 😄 I am sure whatever you go for will be ace - and hey, what's a plan if it can't be changed at the last minute 😉
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Brilliant plans so far Abby 👌 hmm, your options are all good - only one I know I couldn't do is your option 2, remembering how I feel that second day! May be tempted to avoid option 1 as well, just thinking that I may lose my 'get up and go' by the time my chilled morning is done.. 😋 but that's just me 😄 I am sure whatever you go for will be ace - and hey, what's a plan if it can't be changed at the last minute 😉
I decided this morning to see if I could book up Oga's Cantina on another evening and there was a 6.45pm ADR later in the trip. So now if we don't want to go back to HS in the evening then we don't have to. I'm thinking the thing that is most likely to slip to another day is the shopping. This could easily be done on day 3 afternoon. We'll see your right the plan will change at the last minute and that's one of the best parts of planning!

Old 5 Jul 22, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Hi Abby, I’m really looking forward to following along. I always find your reports so funny and engaging! I hope Max manages ok without you, it’ll be a steep learning curve at how to survive as an adult if nothing else! 🤞🏼😁 Such a shame he has split with his GF as I remember what that feeling was like, we’ve actually gone through something similar lately with Dd (17) who’s relationship is very rocky indeed. I feel so sorry for her. 🥺

Have a fab time, you really deserve the break! 👏🏼

Loved your Jamaica trippy too by the way! 😍

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Hi Abby, I’m really looking forward to following along. I always find your reports so funny and engaging! I hope Max manages ok without you, it’ll be a steep learning curve at how to survive as an adult if nothing else! 🤞🏼😁 Such a shame he has split with his GF as I remember what that feeling was like, we’ve actually gone through something similar lately with Dd (17) who’s relationship is very rocky indeed. I feel so sorry for her. 🥺

Have a fab time, you really deserve the break! 👏🏼

Loved your Jamaica trippy too by the way! 😍

Kat x
Hey there

How are you all doing? I can see your countdown is looking good! Have fun in Corfu.

Max and his lovelife is rocky, that's a good word! I don't want him to settle down as, crikey, he's still a teenager, he shouldn't be worrying about long term relationships...but he's been pretty miserable about the break up and she was a sweet girl so I really feel for him. I daren't say something like "there's plenty more fish in the sea" as that would result in a massive eye roll along with the response of "you don't understand" obviously as I'm old I can't offer any advice at all and sympathy seems to rub him up the wrong way too.

I can't believe we're heading into home straight now for our Florida countdown. Our last trip was 2019, a lot has happened since then.

I'm hoping we can find some decent cocktails in WDW, I don't think we will have anywhere near the quantity we managed in Jamaica though! That was quite some Tally!

Ooh I'm getting excited about starting the food report. I reckon I can even do a live food report as Kate loves her bed, so I think we will be spending far more time chilling out in the resort. Thinking about that now though it could result in more cocktails as we have more lounging around time. There's got to be some silver linings to having lazy teenagers in tow!

A x

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Leebie3376
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m so like you I have various iterations of each day planned, complete with food. It’s difficult when you’re the only one wanting to plan in advance and the others won’t think about what they’ll want to do 😁. DS says he’s not bothered where we eat but I think when he gets there he’ll remember places he likes before and so I’m booking ADRs anyway!

And harder to do options when the parks need to be reserved! I love the planning really 😀
Leebie3376 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List