Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Jun 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 11 - Pool & Disney Springs

The dining report for today is here. I'm going to say straight off that if you read the dining report then there's not much else going on today .

We had booked Magic Kingdom for today but decided to have a lazy day instead and see if we maybe felt like going later. Marie and I need to do a wash before we moved to the Swan so we decided to go to the pool early and do a wash while we were there. Dad came with us for a wee while. Mum just lazed in bed. After we’d done at the pool and showered it was lunchtime. For some reason I didn't take any pool photos this trip.

Mum didn’t want to go to the food court again so we went to Disney Springs assuming it would be busy but taking the chance. As it was, it wasn’t too bad and we got into D-Luxe burger without a wait. Mum isn’t a huge burger fan so just got a kids chicken sandwich and Dad got a kids cheeseburger. I got the bbq burger and Marie the cheeseburger.

The burger was as good as I remembered however we got a large chips to share not realising the kids meals come with fries. They were pretty bad. When I wrote my dining report someone asked why they were so bad and I've since compared a picture from my 2019 dining report and you can see a visible difference. They just tasted stale.

We passed Gideons and they seemed to have a virtual q on. Marie stopped to ask how it worked and the girl asked how many in our party because they’d just had a cancellation. We quickly got in the queue even though Mum and Dad had no idea what was going on!

Marie and I got the chocolate chip plus a bag of bites.

Mum and Dad got the key lime cake.

We only waited about a minute so this was really good luck as we wanted to see what all the fuss was about but had no intention of waiting 40 minutes. As it turned out it's just as well we got lucky as we didn't think they were as fantastic as everyone says. They were nice enough and I ate mine but it didn't blow me away. Mum on the other hand hated her cake. She said there was too much butter icing and the cake itself wasn't nice. I didn't get a taste so can't comment. We definitely won't bother next time.

We had a wee browse along the area where Disney Style is (Westside?) then headed back along to Marketplace to attempt Swirls on the Water again for some Dole Whip.
Random Disney Spring photo (every now and then I take a random photo when I remember I'm doing a trip report ).

This time after a few minutes wait in a small queue we were successful. Dad got plain vanilla soft serve, I got vanilla with pineapple float and Marie and Mum for pineapple float. We also managed to get a table although Mum had went further round and found a bench and didn't understand the signals we were making to point out that Dad had found a table with an umbrella . It was nice to just sit in the shade and have a Dole Whip.

After this we looked in the Christmas shop. The new candle section has candles that smell like rides so I got a candle that smells like Flight of Passage. This really does smell like the ride but it's not lasted long so we're using it sparingly.

Mum and Dad got the boat back and Marie and I brought the car back.
We had a browse of the dining reservations for later but there wasn't anything suitable so we headed offsite and went to Olive Garden in Lake Buena Vista. We checked the website for a wait time and it said "no wait". It was correct.
Dad and Marie got a cocktail of some description.

Olive Garden always gives you soup or salad with any main course. Mum wanted two appetisers though so ordered minestrone soup as an appetiser. Dad also got minestrone and Marie and I the salad. Plus the lovely Olive Garden breadsticks.

For mains I ordered the seafood Alfredo.

Marie ravioli.

Dad lasagne.

Mum the fried lasagne from the appetiser menu.

This was lovely but as always with Olive Garden it was too much. Fine if you have the means to reheat but I always feel like it looks like I ate nothing!

This was all very nice but very filling and none of us could finish.

Back at the resort we had some tea and I ate half my Gideons cookie. Again my report stops here. We generally don't do late nights on holiday and instead enjoy just relaxing in the room reading. It's such a full on holiday during the day that I love being in the comfy Disney beds with nothing else to do but read a book in the evening.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 10:13 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Olive Garden looked good, we haven’t been there for years.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm the same with taking a random photo every now and then for the trip report! It also helps me with timings. I'm definitely going to have to get some candles, although I really struggle to find my way around Disney Springs I'm fine in the parks, but all the shops and restaurants seem to blur into one at DS. I'll do my best to find that shop though. I'm pretty sure it's at the far end...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm the same with taking a random photo every now and then for the trip report! It also helps me with timings. I'm definitely going to have to get some candles, although I really struggle to find my way around Disney Springs I'm fine in the parks, but all the shops and restaurants seem to blur into one at DS. I'll do my best to find that shop though. I'm pretty sure it's at the far end...
I’m a terrible photographer! I need to be better next time!

The candles are in the Christmas shop although they had some in the marketplace shop too.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List