Notices

Old 30 Mar 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

220 days and counting

Wow I can’t believe we’ve reached the 220 days mark, that time has definitely flown by!

Since last posting we have upgraded to Economy Delight for the Manchester flights, which enables us to use the premium check in desk and we’ve reserved 2 rows of 2 seats behind each other, hopefully with a bit of extra legroom. Has anyone flown Economy Delight recently? Is the experience much different to normal economy?

We’ve also changed the park for our last day to Hollywood Studios on the hope that we can have a last few hours riding Star Wars rides before our evening flight home 😫

We’ve booked our overnight hotel at Manchester airport for the night before the flight so the holiday starts a day early 😆 We managed to get 2 rooms at the Premier Inn (North I think) for a good price and you can’t go wrong with a Premier Inn can you. My daughter and her DBF have booked the meet and greet parking at T2, which was cheaper than the normal parking. My DH refuses to hand over his car keys to anyone 🤷 so I’m waiting to see if the costs come down for the multi storey before booking.

That’s about it on the planning front so still lots to do and I’m going to put another list together soon. I have managed to lose a stone with SlimmingWorld, so I’d be happy if I could lose another and keep it off until November. Shop Disney UK had a sale on tshirts the other week and I picked up these three to wear in the parks 😆

I’ve been watching more Disney Vlogs and two of my favourite vloggers (Adam Hatton and Disney in Detail) have been a couple of times since November so it’s great to see what’s going on over there, although the parks are looking really busy!

That’s all for now, I’ll be back soon with more detailed itinerary planning.

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba
Very Serious Dibber

Our daughter & her bf are going the same day as you - from MAN too. They are incredibly excited.

Have an awesome holiday - it’s been a long countdown for you xx
Pumba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
Our daughter & her bf are going the same day as you - from MAN too. They are incredibly excited.

Have an awesome holiday - it’s been a long countdown for you xx
Thank you it has been a long time coming, but it seems to have suddenly come around really quick and I don’t feel prepared 🤣

katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

This time next Saturday…….

We will be checked into the airport hotel 🥳

I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by over the last few weeks and that we are a matter of days away from the holiday!

Since the last update all the Esta’s have been completed and we’ve booked T2 multi storey parking so are all set I think. I’ve picked up a few dollars at a not so great rate 😫 but will be mainly using my card with no extra charges for using abroad.

We’ve booked a couple of ADRs - Whispering Canyon Cafe and Oga’s, but decided not to do many as I think we will prefer to mainly eat QS in the parks, or maybe even take some snacks in with us, and then eat most meals offsite. We’ve got one afternoon and evening pencilled in for F&W at Epcot.

We’ve also booked MVMCP for our last Friday so unbelievably excited for that 🎄🥳. We couldn’t get Keys to the Kingdom, so happy to save that for another trip 😉

I’ve been watching lots of Disney Vlogs so think I’ve got the hang of Genie+, even though they keep changing things! Most of us probably will end up booking it, for MK and HS at least, but we’ll see how it goes 🤷

Genie+ makes it tricky to plan days as we won’t know until the morning what time we can book our first LL, but I think we’ll do a mixture of early park days with a break in the afternoon and then possibly back to a park at night or out for dinner OR afternoon/evenings in a park and the mornings chilling out around the pool in the villa or shopping or visiting Celebration etc.

Restaurants I’m going to do sign ups for a couple of days before we go to hopefully get some vouchers are:

Millers Ale House
Longhorns
IHOP
Denny’s
Perkin’s
Bahama Breeze
Cheesecake Factory
Olive Garden
Red Lobster

Have I missed any good off site ones?

Not sure if it will work with others such as:

Celebration Town Tavern
Blaze Pizza
Earl of Sandwich
Hard Rock Cafe
Cowfish
Toothsome

Bought a bargain cabin case from Matalan today, and started my packing 😍

I’m only working Monday to Wednesday next week so a good couple of free days to get everything sorted before we go!