Notices

Old 22 Sep 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

UPDATE 22/09/2021

So this isn’t as much of a progress update, as a food photo update. Well it would’ve been rude not to right?!

I thought it would be nice to upload some food photos from previous trips, of places that we would like to visit next year.

Be warned. The following scenes may cause happy thoughts.

Just to add, I’ve now been veggie for 3.5 years so I’m looking forward to trying some new things this time around. My sister has been veggie for years so I’ll be getting more details off her for some nice menu options (not to self to add that to the first American night planning). But please feel free to add any suggestions for places and menu options 🥰

Earl of Sandwich

We did have some coupons for this place. I heard a lot of people aren’t really bothered by EoS, but I think it’s great. Been here a handful of times but keen to try their Veggie sandwich (the feta and salad sub looks amazing).

This was Johns sandwich last time we went:

Waffle House

Hear me out. I like this place better than IHOP...I’m sorry. I don’t know what it is about WH but I just find it really homely. Cover my full meal in syrup and get me that OJ and a very weak cwoffee

5 Guys Burgers & Fries

This was the first time we’d had 5GB&F. I wasn’t actually bothered by it, but John had seen it advertised (he’s into his NBA & NFL so sees a lot of adverts). But when he sat down with his burger and fries, I felt a pang of guilt that as a respectable and loyal girlfriend, I should help and partake in eating the chips. I ate them all. No guilt felt.
We now however have two quite close by us, so we may venture here just because you kind of know what you’re getting here. Grilled cheese and 10 tonnes of fries will be ordered... John what you getting?

Gondolier Pizza

This little beauty is found over the road from the Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach. We’ve had many pizzas from here, taken them out and sat on the beach while the sun sets...couple of occasions seeing the dolphins pass by us... amazing. I really want to do this with JT (he loves pizzas, animals and I know it’ll bring a tear to my eyes).

Panera

a.k.a My happy place a.k.a you naughty little piece of heaven

My go to is a regular coffee and a sandal cookie. Nothing can replicate that cookie and I’ve been told that these differ per state. Not sure if anyone else gets this, but for me, coffee is like a ‘comfort blanket’. I could sit in Panera all day, watching the world go by.

Last time we were there, we were chatting away (there was a few of us), and an older gentleman lent over and asked where we were from. When we told him Newcastle, he told us he had links there (I can’t fully remember it, but I think he was either from here and married an American girl or she was from here). But that experience is exactly why I love it, just a place to sit and reflect. I could honestly cry when I think of that place

On this photo, I’d ate my cookie and moved on to some chocolate cake 😂

Olive Garden

Oh you and your breadsticks. I don’t even know what to say. Just plain beautiful. Although I’m not sure why my pasta looks so burnt

Chilis

I can’t really remember this place too much as I don’t think we went last time. But I do remember the food was nice and the service was great.

Threshers Baseball Brunch

Baycare Ballpark. Great value. Baseball game while having brunch. There was a coach that came in with a group of older people and we got talking to a lady from Boston who was brilliant. So witty and her accent was awesome.

Well that’s it for now folks. Hope the photos of food keep you going until the next update. I have another folder of photos on the computer, so I’ll spend some time going through them and hopefully there’ll be a part two to the previous food photos.

I’m off to make a huge pile of pancakes, a jug of coffee and cry into my plate.

Edited at 09:57 AM.
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

You’ve got some great plans and those food pictures look amazing.
I can’t wait for the breadsticks in Olive Garden again and the cheddar bay biscuits in Red Lobster next May.
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I've not been since 2005 so looking forward to seeing more foody updates
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I think you’re making us sound like all we do is think about eating 😜
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Looking forward to reading along, it’s so nice to have some new trip plans to read! X
Danex is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

UPDATE 12/05/2022

We’re booked! Oh dear lord. Cue memes on this post.

Was kind of out the blue, but after having a interim/spur of the moment America chat, it was decided we should just book.

With everything that has gone on, it makes sense. We were holding out for prices but I think we’ve done well.

So - it’s a multi leg flight, which we normally do anyway. Plus I feel with JT we’re going to really benefit from this. But this time instead of flying into MCO, we’re going to head into Tampa.

Us 3 are going for two weeks and everyone else is doing 3. We’ve got the villa booked for the three weeks, which allows flexibility as we might also do a day or two at Cocoa Beach and we’re not entirely sure when we’re going to go to Clearwater/Indian Shores.

ACTIVITIES

JT is really loving Blippi at the minute. And why wouldn’t he. 🎼So much to learn about, it’ll make you wanna shout BLIPPI🎼
Anyway, on one of his videos, he visits Glazer Childrens Museum and it’s totally up JTs street. We have a similar thing where we live, but no where near the scale of GCM.

We’ve also never done the Crayola Experience. Again, he’s going to love it. Plus we’ve watched YouTube videos and we both want to make our own crayons because we’re big kids and very easily amused.

One thing I’m really looking forward to, and this has literally been my must-do since America 2022 was first mentioned, is body boarding with JT.
I’ve done body boarding a few times and as much as we live in a great surfing area, there’s something slightly different about doing it stateside. I don’t know if it’s the warm water, the fish swimming close by or the smell of sun cream (which is pretty much never needed here up north). It’s cold here. Always cold.

INDIAN SHORES & OTHERS

We stayed at the lovely Bearfoot Beach Resort last time. There’s two of these places named very similar. This is the one we stayed at and loved it:

I’ve been keeping an eye on prices for this and I have a discount scheme with my job which often has reduced hotel prices. Would love to be able to get this place again.
We got a great price for this last time we stayed and I remember mentioning my parents anniversary and they gave us a condo with largo view and it was beautiful.

We also would like to possibly stay over at Cocoa Beach or similar areas. We stayed here for one night last time we went and it was lovely. Had a nice meal at a local sports bar and everything was just slow paced.

There’s a few hotels that look great. We’d love to stay over at Vero beach at Costa d'este Beach Resort, but it’s a bit out of our price range….unfortunately it wasn’t us who won the Euro millions. The other options have been Four Points Sheraton Cocoa Beach and a Best Western in Wabasso…..either way I’m determined to get a good price and be hailed as THE broker of all hotel deals.

I don't think anything will beat a few years back, when I managed to get a Clearwater hotel for half price….all before it started getting a little more commercial. Ah the good old days eh!

PANERA

If you’ve read my previous post, you’ll know we’re big Panera fans….however, since last writing, I had a sickness bug and it put me fully off coffee. I’ve went from 4 cups a day to nothing for the last 6/8 weeks.

Absolutely nothing on this Earth would stop me from getting my cookie biscuit.

SAVINGS

We’re planning on utilising the children-eat-free options this time around. JT likes certain foods and I feel a lot of the time he’ll just eat from our plates, but he does like a burger and chips combo.

And on the note of savings, my sister and me are going to do a car boot at the weekend. I have a love-hate relationship with car boots. I both hate going and love coming back home. See what I did there….very witty. I feel an update may be due after the car boot…..I’m just very bad at them.

Right, that’s just a little taster for now. I’m up early for work tomorrow and I’m barely awake.

I’ll check back in very soon peeps x
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Love the update, but I feel my attitude towards Sunday’s car boot sale is just hate and more hate xx
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

UPDATE 21/06/22

Oh it's getting close! I was on the Dibb the other night and seen someone had written a post about going in August so I was having a read of her post, when I looked at her countdown and seen '50 days' - I hadn't even thought of the countdown but here we are at 45 days and counting - my face when I realised:

I was going to hold out writing a new update until we had our next America night (this Saturday), but I thought I could write a WHOLE new update on that alone.

Few updates include that we've finally remembered to do our ESTAS - we missed the cut ff for the cheaper price even though my sister and mam both reminded me

But they're done and all authorised!

Next is that we have booked some days at Indian Rocks - can't wait to get onto those beaches with JT. We live very close to a beach here up North and he absolutely loves it there.

I'm still holding out on finding a deal over at Cocoa Beach side, but we may slightly move around to Sebastian or somewhere similar depending on prices.

I've started the lovely task of signing up to anything that I can - its very much a budget year this year!

We've also been watching Julia on YouTube (Delish channel)... she has made me want to get a main meal at Panera instead of just my normal cookie and drink...she reviewed the Mac n Cheese bread bowl...

I just know I'll probably cry with happiness at this

I really want to try keep our budget for food as reasonable as possible so I'm currently looking at signing up to the memberships for some places (although some have a sign up offer which expires so I'm keeping them to one side for now).

But please feel free to make a comment about any places that have some decent offers. So far we have these places that we'd like to eat at:

- Panera (free sweet treat)
- Steak and Shake (between 2-4pm) it's 1/2 price
- Earl of Sandwich (free sandwich, wrap or salad with sign up)
- First Watch (would be very first time of trying this)
- Waffle House (I prefer here to IHOP)
- Cracker Barrell
- Red Lobster (get those Cheddar Bay Biscuits in ma belly)
- Buffalo Wild Wings
-Subway (I love me a Subway)
-Olive Garden (just hand over the breadsticks and I'll be happy)

We've got a few things to get sorted:
- Cocoa Beach side
- Transport to airport
- Print out documents
- Get some dollars - oh please brings back to higher rate
- Make a more detailed plan on the outcome of the America night (which will then be uploaded to here)

Just a short and sweet one today - but didn't want anyone to think I'd forgotten!
Old 21 Jun 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

It's all getting so close. That mac n cheese bread bowl looks amazing, I really hope you do try it!

Olive Garden, if you sign up and have a 'birthday' you get a free dessert coupon x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
It's all getting so close. That mac n cheese bread bowl looks amazing, I really hope you do try it!

Olive Garden, if you sign up and have a 'birthday' you get a free dessert coupon x
Oh nice, I’ll pop that one onto my to-do list. I can’t wait to get that bread bowl 😋 x