Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Dec 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

2023 Year of health

Hoping for daily chats on anyone trying to improve or maintain their health. Weight, fitness, stress management, recovery post illness and chat about all of the things here. Photos of walks & food welcome. Self care pampering day or walk at the sea side, meditation or how to keep sane during pandemic - all welcome, all part of a health.

Anyone fancy joining in?

Edited at 08:57 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

For the last 2 weeks of the year my plan is

Daily outdoors walk
Limit covid news/discussions
Start thinking about holiday for summer 2022. We have not been away since summer 2019 and I feel having something to look forward to will give me some motivation and good moo.
I will book only things that can be cancelled
eat all my favorites, but not all things available and not every day
Cook few fakeaways

Edited at 09:08 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I did one of those virtual challenges.. after chemotherapy to get me going.
I've just completed the Camino Santiago. 480 miles (772 km) along the pilgrim's way

Medal on its way

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Alien

I'm happy to join you in this. My bp went through the roof recently and I am being checked for a fast heart beat etc so I have things that need improving for sure. I have weight to lose, not too much, but definitely need to shift some.

Tracey x

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I’m another who needs to get their act together. I’ve been thinking about this recently and need to make changes. I hadn’t got round to making a plan so this thread will be the encouragement I need.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I’m happy to join this aswell. After my Mum passed away in August my anxiety has been through the roof and I am planning to make some changes in the new year too! I already walk every day as we have a dog (my lifeline at times) but I need to lose some weight so will be eating healthier, and am planning to come off social media for a year (I’ve done this before and the benefits are amazing!)
I’m also starting a new job at the beginning of January so am really seeing 2022 as a fresh start!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I would love to join in I need to lose weight, exercise more, drink more water and eat better. I've had quite a bad year and sunk into a depression but I'm determined to get out of this
Old 18 Dec 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I did one of those virtual challenges.. after chemotherapy to get me going.
I've just completed the Camino Santiago. 480 miles (772 km) along the pilgrim's way

Medal on its way

Amazing - well done!

Stick around to share your tips for the days it gets hard
Old 18 Dec 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
I’m in too! I feel during the last two years I have become more and more unhealthy. I’ve used covid, work stress and bereavements as an excuse but I can’t continue like this.
So now I have loads of weight to lose, must get back to daily walks and trying to reduce my blood pressure.
Thank you for the motivation!
Old 18 Dec 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
You’ll probably find this gets moved to social groups! Great idea though