Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Mar 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

P&O cruises 2022 (Iona)

We’ve just booked a 7 night Northern Europe cruise on Iona sailing next month for DH’s birthday, so am hoping for some tips/info, well on anything really…restaurants, entertainment, bars. Never sailed with P&O before.

We’ve been able to check in this morning and given our boarding arrival time 4pm . But not been allocated our deck or cabin as yet. How far from departure will we be informed?

Any information on boarding procedures etc will be gratefully received 😀 Is it the same for all P&O ships?

Looking forward to your info/suggestions all things P&O especially Iona 🛳

Thanks 😊
Old 12 Mar 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

3 recommendations... breakfast in the Quays,lunch in main dining room and ripples ice cream afternoon tea to share.Also book olive grove early if eating there . It's free mostly.
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Thanks for the recommendations, will definitely be doing all of those! 👍
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re on Britannia next month, it’s our first time with P&O too.

I don’t find their website very helpful, called last week to get some assist and was told our cabin has already been allocated. Have been given the number but it doesn’t show anywhere online on our booking.

I’m told everything is booked onboard via a web page that you can access only via their wifi.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Can anyone tell me if it’s more expensive to buy drinks package on board or the same price as buying before hand?
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

We cruised on the Britannia to the Fjords in 2019 and I can honestly say that the food in the Epicurean, Glass House and Beach House was the best we've ever had on a cruise ship. The buffet was awful. It simply cannot compare with the buffet offerings on Celebrity, Princess and Royal. Breakfast was okay, but the rest was well below par. However, we loved the ship and it was one of the most memborable cruises we've ever taken.

We haven't cruised on the Iona but we've cruised on the same class of ship (Aidanova), as many cruise lines are using the same build but with their own modifications. It's a huge ship and the Atrium is lovely and bright. From what I've seen from Vlogs of the ship, the biggest negative is the balcony cabins on deck 8. They are literally on the promenade level and lack privacy as people are walking passed your balcony all day long.

Edited at 04:23 PM.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re on Britannia next month, it’s our first time with P&O too.

I don’t find their website very helpful, called last week to get some assist and was told our cabin has already been allocated. Have been given the number but it doesn’t show anywhere online on our booking.

I’m told everything is booked onboard via a web page that you can access only via their wifi.
Did you get the help you needed?

I saw that too that you can only book once onboard, No actually app like Princess.

Have you cruised before?

Have a fantastic trip😀
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Did you get the help you needed?

I saw that too that you can only book once onboard, No actually app like Princess.

Have you cruised before?

Have a fantastic trip😀
Yes, eventually, the last was very pleasant just not great with the IT side of things.

We’ve sailed with Royal, Celebrity and Disney. Think this is our 12th cruise.

Dd and I are taking my mum for her 70th, it’s her first cruise, my sister is also joining us, her first too. I really want them to have a good time so want to try to get everything planned for them so they can just enjoy it.

I just wish I could see more on the booking like I would with the other lines.

There are Facebook groups for all sailings I think, ours doesn’t have many on it currently but I’m hoping that nearer the time there’ll be more people to chat to so we know what to expect.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Can anyone tell me if it’s more expensive to buy drinks package on board or the same price as buying before hand?
I really would not bother with the drinks package l. We thought it was very poor. Hardly any cocktails and limited wine choices were included. The bar prices were more like town centre pub prices and we found it cheaper to just pay as you go We bought the non alcoholic package but wouldn’t get it again. I took a bottle gin and champagne on board to drink in the cabin. We asked the cabin steward for a bucket, glasses and ice and she brought them every night.

We bought the package in the morning of the first full day so only paid for 6 nights If you are boarding late afternoon it’s not worth it on first day. It was sold at same price as pre cruise.

We had meals in Epicurean and Sindhu. The food was lovely and service good but we bought both on a half price deal. I wouldn’t have paid full, the food in the MDR was good enough not to need to pay extra. There was an offer on but you couldn’t book until onboard. I managed to log on the planner whilst in the terminal and both restaurants were half price.

The Quayside was one of our favourites for lunch, the fish and chips were excellent and just like a proper chippy ! Olive Garden was also excellent but you have to book early. We could only ever get lunch time. Some of the menu is chargeable but most is included.

I would agree that the buffet was rubbish. I think we only ate there the once for breakfast , walked around but nothing ever appealed.
I have seen these April Iona bargains but can’t persuade the husband 😞 He says I can book if I cancel Princess in September but I’m really looking forward to that one and the Princess Plus.

Edited at 06:01 PM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
olivia
Serious Dibber

The drinks package costs the same. As we had on board credit we bought it on ship. I think if you leave it until on the ship you can buy next day if you don’t think you will get good use out of on first night.
olivia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List