Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 May 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Here Now - a couple of updates re crowds, park cleanliness, genie+ and the new UC on Virgin!

Hey guys!

It’s our second morning here and I’ve woken up ahead of my genie+ alarm so whilst the OH sleeps i thought I’d share some early thoughts!

Flying UC on Virgin’s Leisure Configuration: we were actually the first people to fly on the new second aircraft in this configuration - Lady Emmeline. She smelt like a new car! The UC section was lovely and compact having just 16 seats which made it feel quite cosy (in a good way).

The actual seats/suites were really comfy but there is a real lack of storage. You basically can’t have anything out during take off or landing. We sat in window seats behind each other but have changed our return flights to be in the middle so we can talk to each other a bit more. The crew were all super lovely and very attentive.

Food was awesome but I was surprised that we didn’t get a full afternoon lunch service. We were all offered one of the “lite bites” however - again very nice.

Only one couple used the booth. It wasn’t very obvious where it was or what you could do and there was no mention of the “experiences” Virgin have spoken about recently. Overall though a great flight.

Immigration & Bags:We landed just after an Air Lingus flight and i believe one from BA too so there was a bit of a queue for immigration but we were through within 30 mins and our bags had arrived by that time too so all in all not bad!

Genie+ & Crowd Levels: Yesterday was our first day in the park and so I set my alarm for 6:45 to make sure I could make my selections. Given that I’m pregnant on this trip we aren’t focussing on the thrill rides (already missing them a bit but I’ll be sure to make up for it next time) and instead we’re going on the easier rides. When 7am came around I was ready on that “book” button for Jungle Cruise. It was showing as availability for 11am but on the next screen showed 1:20pm which one was fine. When 11am came along we also bagged a LL for Pirates which actually was for just before our jungle cruise slot as 12-1pm. So far we’re happy with genie+ but just begrudge paying for something that was once free and would prefer to book more than one at a time.

We were in the parks from 8:15am for EMH until about 1:45pm and did the following: Peter Pans Flight, Small World, Buzz Lightyear Spin, Liberty Square Riverboat, Pirates & Jungle Cruise. We also stopped for Starbucks, Lunch at Columbia Harbour House and a Dole Whip Float too which we were quite happy with.

That being said, there were long standby lines for most of the bigger or more popular rides. Splash, Space, Big Thunder & Seven Dwarfs we’re mostly 50-60 mins + and we left Haunted Mansion for another day as that also had a big queue and it was so hot so we wanted to get back to the hotel to cool off.

Overall Cast Friendliness & Park
cleanliness:
Before leaving i’d read a few posts saying that cast members weren’t as friendly or helpful and that the park was looking tatty. I have to say we haven’t experienced either of these. All cast members have been super lovely and the park and toilets seemed clean too.

We’re off to Hollywood Studios today and then Disney Springs later - super excited for both. If anyone has any questions let me know!

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Guppy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Hey guys!

It’s our second morning here and I’ve woken up ahead of my genie+ alarm so whilst the OH sleeps i thought I’d share some early thoughts!

Flying UC on Virgin’s Leisure Configuration: we were actually the first people to fly on the new second aircraft in this configuration - Lady Emmeline. She smelt like a new car! The UC section was lovely and compact having just 16 seats which made it feel quite cosy (in a good way).

The actual seats/suites were really comfy but there is a real lack of storage. You basically can’t have anything out during take off or landing. We sat in window seats behind each other but have changed our return flights to be in the middle so we can talk to each other a bit more. The crew were all super lovely and very attentive.

Food was awesome but I was surprised that we didn’t get a full afternoon lunch service. We were all offered one of the “lite bites” however - again very nice.

Only one couple used the booth. It wasn’t very obvious where it was or what you could do and there was no mention of the “experiences” Virgin have spoken about recently. Overall though a great flight.

Immigration & Bags:We landed just after an Air Lingus flight and i believe one from BA too so there was a bit of a queue for immigration but we were through within 30 mins and our bags had arrived by that time too so all in all not bad!

Genie+ & Crowd Levels: Yesterday was our first day in the park and so I set my alarm for 6:45 to make sure I could make my selections. Given that I’m pregnant on this trip we aren’t focussing on the thrill rides (already missing them a bit but I’ll be sure to make up for it next time) and instead we’re going on the easier rides. When 7am came around I was ready on that “book” button for Jungle Cruise. It was showing as availability for 11am but on the next screen showed 1:20pm which one was fine. When 11am came along we also bagged a LL for Pirates which actually was for just before our jungle cruise slot as 12-1pm. So far we’re happy with genie+ but just begrudge paying for something that was once free and would prefer to book more than one at a time.

We were in the parks from 8:15am for EMH until about 1:45pm and did the following: Peter Pans Flight, Small World, Buzz Lightyear Spin, Liberty Square Riverboat, Pirates & Jungle Cruise. We also stopped for Starbucks, Lunch at Columbia Harbour House and a Dole Whip Float too which we were quite happy with.

That being said, there were long standby lines for most of the bigger or more popular rides. Splash, Space, Big Thunder & Seven Dwarfs we’re mostly 50-60 mins + and we left Haunted Mansion for another day as that also had a big queue and it was so hot so we wanted to get back to the hotel to cool off.

Overall Cast Friendliness & Park
cleanliness:
Before leaving i’d read a few posts saying that cast members weren’t as friendly or helpful and that the park was looking tatty. I have to say we haven’t experienced either of these. All cast members have been super lovely and the park and toilets seemed clean too.

We’re off to Hollywood Studios today and then Disney Springs later - super excited for both. If anyone has any questions let me know!
Can you let me know if you see a Chewie meet and greet, we are there on Wednesday and DS really wants to meet him
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the UC update, we are on the leisure configuration later this month, with UV centre seats outbound and window coming home. When exiting plane in MCO did premium exit first then Upper, then economy? Believe doors between premium and economy!
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Can you let me know if you see a Chewie meet and greet, we are there on Wednesday and DS really wants to meet him
Will keep a eye out!
Old 6 May 22, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
saint
I want to go now!

Just a heads up for disney springs.
They have shut down all of the open air parking.
You have to go to orange multi story parking only and then walk to airport syle security with bag searches.
Extra time needed to get through all off this.
Have a nice time there as we will be there Saturday afternoon to see the new drawn to life show.
saint is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Chewie was giving hugs and high 5s in Galaxy's Edge this week - from behind a barrier. Nothing organised, just reactive to the audience. Took at least one person by surprise when he wrapped his arms around him.
He was with Rey, alternating between their locations in Galaxy's Edge throughout the day
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Thanks for the UC update, we are on the leisure configuration later this month, with UV centre seats outbound and window coming home. When exiting plane in MCO did premium exit first then Upper, then economy? Believe doors between premium and economy!
They do indeed! A bit annoying but a first (class) world problem so one we weren’t too bothered about in the big scheme of things!
Old 6 May 22, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Crisps
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for this! I’m flying upper next year - I really hope I get the new A350 although it’ll still be a fabulous experience if I don’t.
Crisps is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thank you for the UC update too...

I had heard the business config had an issues with the tray tables being tight... Had they changed this for the new leisure config?

We are flying on one of the new planes in just under 2 weeks...

Have a great time!
Old 6 May 22, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Originally Posted by saint View Post
Just a heads up for disney springs.
They have shut down all of the open air parking.
You have to go to orange multi story parking only and then walk to airport syle security with bag searches.
Extra time needed to get through all off this.
Have a nice time there as we will be there Saturday afternoon to see the new drawn to life show.
Thanks saint! We’ll be getting the Disney buses but appreciate the heads up!