Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 24 May 22, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just got back…..used DAS

We have just returned from our first trip using DAS now that it’s used with the MDE App

We only used DAS, no Genie+ and never paid for any ILL

We rode everything we wanted to ride with a combination of DAS, early/late entry and single line rider for a couple of rides

Using DAS carefully I really don’t think there would be any need to pay extra for anything

Book your two rides per day before you leave though we didn’t use all of them

We sort of followed one ride on next to one another for the most part but tried to leave the longer wait times for when we were going to eat lunch

The longest wait was had in the two weeks was for an hour but even then we just went and got a drink and sat and waited

As soon as you go through the scanner…..or second scanner on some rides book your next one

The difference it makes that you don’t have to go to the attraction now but can do it on the App is huge

Any questions I would be happy to try and help
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sharkey01
Earning More Ears

Thanks for the info, really big help for us!
When did you pre-book your passes, was it 30 days from your last park reservation?
I think we are due to do ours, in July but really not sure when we can start to do them
sharkey01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Thank you - that's really helpful!

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by sharkey01 View Post
Thanks for the info, really big help for us!
When did you pre-book your passes, was it 30 days from your last park reservation?
I think we are due to do ours, in July but really not sure when we can start to do them
I booked them at 28 days I think

Possibly again I would wait as no slots were available for early evening which didnt always suit

I could also not do the last 2 or 3 nights and would have had to join the chat at a later date ( not the whole registration process)

I didn’t do that as didn’t think we would need them (as it was came down with covid so must have been a bloomin premonition&#128557
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybears
Excited about Disney

Thank you for the info its really helpful. When you booked your two rides per day before going did you just tell the cast member what park you were going to on each day and what passes you wanted? Did you get a choice of times ? Just wondering as don't think DH could last a full day if one slot was in the morning and one at night.
Disneybears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disneybears View Post
Thank you for the info its really helpful. When you booked your two rides per day before going did you just tell the cast member what park you were going to on each day and what passes you wanted? Did you get a choice of times ? Just wondering as don't think DH could last a full day if one slot was in the morning and one at night.
I had my itinerary in front of me and what two rides and roughly what time

Just remember the prebooked rides expire at the end of the slot where the ones you book on the days don’t expire until you use them

I cant remember where now but they would allow me to prebook two rides at the same time. The rides were close together so it was doable

You can also book a ride on the day at the same time as the prebooked ones….
Old 24 May 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
My whole process preregistering took two hours

Half an hour for the registration and video call and about an hour and a half booking the rides……its a bit of a slow process booking the rides so go to the loo, make a cuppa and don’t plan on having to go anywhere for a while

My only wish about the whole thing is that once you have registered you could book your own prebooked rides
Old 24 May 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
katluc
Serious Dibber

Say I book two advance rides at magic kingdom for 10am and 11am , do you know if I can make another selection on the day if I arrive at the park at say 9am, or would I need to wait until the two advance selections have been used.

NICKY
katluc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by katluc View Post
Say I book two advance rides at magic kingdom for 10am and 11am , do you know if I can make another selection on the day if I arrive at the park at say 9am, or would I need to wait until the two advance selections have been used.
You can make your first one as soon as you have entered the park

The two different types of booking work independently from one another
Old 25 May 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
SmellyDelly
Trainee Dibber

Thanks for this info, very useful! 😘
SmellyDelly is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List