Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Jun 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Help needed Urgently Re. Royal Caribbean Testing

Hi all.
We are in need of some help and advice. We sail (Hopefully) next Friday 17th on the Anthem. I know we need to be tested, and I spoke to out local Pharmacy about 3 weeks ago to see if they did the tests. They said, no problem, They can do the Antigen test 2 days before the cruise which would be Wednesday, and get the results and certificate in 15 mins, but they said wait until the begonning of June in case the cruise line drop the testing.

I went in this morning to book in for next Wednesday and was told that for an Antigen test it had to be the day before we board which would make it Thursday. I told her that it is 2 days before and that we could,nt have them done on Thursday because that is when we are travelling down to Southampton.

She said they could do a PCR test on Wednesday, but because they send them off to the lab, they would'nt guarantee that it would be back in time.

I am absolutely fuming because she told us on three occasions that there would be no problem having the test on the Wednesday.

I have now spent most of today trying to find somewhere where we can have the Antigen test on the Wednesday, but with no luck. I have tried Boots Pharmacy who said they only do them on a weekend now due to lack of funding. I have also contact several others without success.

If there is anyone who could give us some advice as to what we can do, or anywhere in our area (Nottingham) that we can get them done, that would be great because I am at my wits end and have never felt so stressed. Its looking less likely that we will be able to go on this cruise.
Thanks
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Does it have to be an in person test? Or can you do a video one?
Looks like video is ok on the royal Caribbean website.

qured/fit-to-fly-usa...BoCUyYQAvD_BwE

Or go first thing on Thursday before you travel ?

Edited at 06:25 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

You could try Dam health.

Address here:

BizSpace Suite 5, Arnold Business Centre, Brookfield Gardens, Arnold, Nottingham NG5 7EW, UK
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Does it have to be an in person test? Or can you do a video one?
Looks like video is ok on the royal Caribbean website.

qured/fit-to-fly-usa...BoCUyYQAvD_BwE

Or go first thing on Thursday before you travel ?
Thanks Bev. Unfortunately we leave about 7.30 on Thursday.

The other thing you mentioned about video. I'm afraid I'm a bit too old to work out how to do video with someone. (I can only just about use a smartphone &#128532
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
You will be able to do it on your smartphone.

You’ve got a few choices.

Get help with the video tests.

Try Dam Health or East Midlands airport.

Book at the pharmacy and tell them it’s for travel on Thursday. It’s not correct that it has to be within 24 hours so I’d just book the test. All you need is the certificate which will have a correct test date on it.

Get a test in Southampton.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
You could try Dam health.

Address here:

BizSpace Suite 5, Arnold Business Centre, Brookfield Gardens, Arnold, Nottingham NG5 7EW, UK
Thanks for your help. I've looked at Dam Health, but I think I did something wrong because it was showing test centres in Spain. (I'm no good with smartphones)

I'll try again.
James
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The video ones are acceptable and super easy.

You get sent the test in the mail and you book your appointment online.

They send a link to enter your meeting room and the person talks you through the whole process.

If using Qured you will have 1 appointment per person, so you would need to leave a gap between the 2.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks Bev. Unfortunately we leave about 7.30 on Thursday.

The other thing you mentioned about video. I'm afraid I'm a bit too old to work out how to do video with someone. (I can only just about use a smartphone &#128532
Book with DocHQ.
They email you a link. You click on the link. It is that easy.👍🏻

I don’t see why they still can’t do the test. Surely it’s up to you when you do it - not them.🤷🏼
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You will be able to do it on your smartphone.

You’ve got a few choices.

Get help with the video tests.

Try Dam Health or East Midlands airport.

Book at the pharmacy and tell them it’s for travel on Thursday. It’s not correct that it has to be within 24 hours so I’d just book the test. All you need is the certificate which will have a correct test date on it.

Get a test in Southampton.
Thanks. Disneypars recommend Dam Health as well. I'm just having brain fog problems trying to make sense of the website.

I'll try again.
James
Old 6 Jun 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
dam-health/nottingham/

Try this link