Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 22, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bubster20
slightly serious Dibber

No bags

Well after an amazing start to our big trip, literally everything went without a single tiny hitch, and 5 fantastic days in NYC it’s gone a wee bit awry 😂.

Flight from LGA to Charlotte was delayed this morning and so we missed our connecting flight to MCO. Booked on next but one flight, carry ons taken from us at air bridge and told had to be checked in as flight full. No problem…until we got to MCO and not a single bag had made it here!

Clothes etc I can fix and it doesn’t bother me, it happens, but it’s my medications etc that were in carry ons that is an issue. Well that and the one off piece of pottery that I bought in NYC which will now no doubt be in smithereens 😂.

We’ve now been at MCO for 3 hours waiting on bags as we were told they’d be here by now and baggage drop off is backed up so would be Monday (maybe!) before we got them. Can’t wait that long for meds 😩.

Good lord, give me strength! We should have been here and away by 12.30 so have missed a day at universal with express passes too….bleugh xx
Old 17 Jun 22, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Oh no! What an absolute nightmare for you.

Do you have copies of your prescriptions to get meds?

If you are looking for cheap clothing and underwear, I’d recommend Ross Dress for Less, Marshall’s and Burlington. You will find all three of those at Vineland Pointe.

Hope you get your luggage soon.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

This is why i have bought an apple tag so i can see if my case is in another country or still on the airport truck/in the back here.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We are flying this route in summer. Makes me nervous hearing all the horror stories.

OP, hope you get your bags soon. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't understand how your carry-ons haven't made it - they should just go down a chute and onto the plane from there. That's really poor.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by bubster20 View Post
Well after an amazing start to our big trip, literally everything went without a single tiny hitch, and 5 fantastic days in NYC it’s gone a wee bit awry 😂.

Flight from LGA to Charlotte was delayed this morning and so we missed our connecting flight to MCO. Booked on next but one flight, carry ons taken from us at air bridge and told had to be checked in as flight full. No problem…until we got to MCO and not a single bag had made it here!

Clothes etc I can fix and it doesn’t bother me, it happens, but it’s my medications etc that were in carry ons that is an issue. Well that and the one off piece of pottery that I bought in NYC which will now no doubt be in smithereens 😂.

We’ve now been at MCO for 3 hours waiting on bags as we were told they’d be here by now and baggage drop off is backed up so would be Monday (maybe!) before we got them. Can’t wait that long for meds 😩.

Good lord, give me strength! We should have been here and away by 12.30 so have missed a day at universal with express passes too….bleugh xx
Oh no so sorry how are you getting on now?
We arrived at MCO yesterday too came in from Manchester had no problems with bags thank goodness….but we did pass several large piles of cases that just seemed to be piled up in random places on our way to meet our transfer driver…..I hope you get sorted soon x
Old 17 Jun 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Oh no! What an absolute nightmare for you.

Do you have copies of your prescriptions to get meds?

If you are looking for cheap clothing and underwear, I’d recommend Ross Dress for Less, Marshall’s and Burlington. You will find all three of those at Vineland Pointe.

Hope you get your luggage soon.
We had a similar problem in USA with meds. Doesn't matter if you have your prescription or not, no chemist will dispense drugs in the US without a US prescription

That said it's easy to go see a US doctor and get a prescription, it's just really F'ing expensive.

2 weeks worth of a drug that you get free in the UK (and in our case only costs the NHS about £10 for 100 tablets) ended up costing £780 once we had paid for the consultation and the emergency prescription fees, we got it all back on medical insurance but it wasted a whole day.

Try and pressure the airline into getting you the bag quicker would be my advice
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

That is a real worry about carry ons. I would always put meds in carry on luggage for safety, but it never occurred to me they could take carry ons away from you.

Hope it is all sorted soon.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That is a real worry about carry ons. I would always put meds in carry on luggage for safety, but it never occurred to me they could take carry ons away from you.

Hope it is all sorted soon.
I think it depends on the size of the carry on. My recent BA flight to Madrid was full so they were looking for volunteers for people to put their carry on in the hold as the bins would be full.

When they didn't get enough volunteers they said they would pick bags at random but it looked like it was the full size, bags they were picking.

I would be very surprised if they put a small carry on in the hold. I always keep a carrier bag in my carry on just in case so I can pull things out if needed and keep them with me.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tony Toon
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by bubster20 View Post
No problem…until we got to MCO and not a single bag had made it here!

Clothes etc I can fix and it doesn’t bother me, it happens, but it’s my medications etc that were in carry ons that is an issue.
Hope the bags appear in the nick of time and you're able to get back to enjoying your holiday.
I always put DHs meds in a bag in our hand luggage and have been lucky that when cabin staff have asked to put it in the hold, that we've been allowed to keep them when I've explained they were expensive meds in the UK (so extortionate in US) and that I'd have to remove them and keep them with me no matter what. We know to our cost (covered by insurance but a an expense until reimbursed), that having prescriptions with us makes no difference as the script needs to come from a US Dr.
Like the idea of the AirTags to track bags though - hadn't thought of that!

Mrs TT
July 08 4 weeks. Oct 08 Special birthday trip; July 09 4 weeks to drop off daughter for dream Disney job in the Rose and Crown Oct 09 Quick visit to DD Christmas 09. Another visit to see DD. Easter '10 Beach Club with Cairistiona Summer '10 5 weeks for our Final Fling! July '11, 3 weeks Indian Crek; July 2012 4 weeks
Tony Toon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List