Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Jun 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Flight changed twice in 24 hours. Do I have to accept?

Hi, I am booked to go to Mexico in the October half term with 14 year old DS. My original booking was LHR to Miami with a 1hr 30ish connection time and then Miami to Cancun arriving at 20;20. This was the latest time I was happy to accept to get into Cancun.

Yesterday, I received an email saying the times had been changed and I would now arrive at 19:25 into cancun. However the connection time was 1hr 6 mins so I was going to question this as it's way too short. Well, I have just had a new e-ticket issued for a completely different routing to cancun and not one they ran by me yesterday. I now go through Dallas with BA and not Miami American Airlines, as my original booking. These flights don't get in to Cancun till 21:45. Now this may not sound like an issue, but I purposefully didn't pick this flight before as it's too late for me. We would still have another hour at least, after immigration, to get to our hotel and we only go for a week. Do I have to accept this? I also wanted to avoid Dallas as I really do not like to go through there on the way out. It says original amended booking, but it's clearly a completely different two flights on the way out. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I think have no choice sure when book states subject to change.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vanilla8
Proud to wear my Ears

Who did you book with?

The 2 hours later probably doesn’t fall into a significant delay but you might get better response from flyertalk forum.

If you find an alternative flight on google flights that suits your needs you could ring them
and ask to get moved to that
vanilla8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanilla8 View Post
Who did you book with?

The 2 hours later probably doesn’t fall into a significant delay but you might get better response from flyertalk forum.

If you find an alternative flight on google flights that suits your needs you could ring them
and ask to get moved to that
Thanks it was with BA Holidays. Apparently as the original flight was cancelled, I may not actually have to accept it, but I will give them a call in the morning. The only flight that gets in at a decent time for us is the direct which I doubt they would put us on. I'll see how I go anyway. Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vanilla8
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Thanks it was with BA Holidays. Apparently as the original flight was cancelled, I may not actually have to accept it, but I will give them a call in the morning. The only flight that gets in at a decent time for us is the direct which I doubt they would put us on. I'll see how I go anyway. Thanks
Defo push for it, we had a cancellation once and moved us to the next day, but got rebooked on another carrier for the day I booked after I spoke to someone
vanilla8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

I was advised by a BA agent that where they cancel a flight, you have the right to ask to be moved to flights of your choosing without charge.
We had 1 flight cancelled on our indirect itinerary; rang them & asked to move to the direct flights in both directions.
They moved us without issue despite the direct flights now costing £3000 more.

Edited at 08:03 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Push for direct flight! Good luck.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Push for direct flight! Good luck.
OP - Don't forget that the direct flight to Cancun leaves from Gatwick so you would have to arrange transfers to/from Heathrow.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks everyone Here's to hoping I can actually get through to BA before the flight is due to depart
Old 22 Jun 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks everyone Here's to hoping I can actually get through to BA before the flight is due to depart
Try ringing as early as you can when BA Holidays open. American Airlines have been giving details of their future timetables today and there may have been updates on your travel dates. Always worth a look before you speak to BA.

Hope you get sorted.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List