Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Jun 22, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

Currently stuck in France

My DH and I are currently stuck in rural SW France no thanks to Ryanair. Our flight home from a family short visit was delayed for 5 hours due to issues with the inbound flight from Stansted on Sunday. Then, just before that flight arrived at Limoges the area was hit with a huge storm, forcing the inbound flight to be diverted to Bordeaux at the last minute.
The uncaring attitude from Ryanair staff was appalling, and they made a blunt announcement that people needing accommodation should join a queue at their desk, but everyone else should go, because Ryanair would not be re-booking any flights tonight! It was almost 11pm and the storm still raged, and families were dealing with little kids in tears. The Ryanair staff attitude was shocking.
We already knew there were no flights Mon or Tues because our Mon flight had already been cancelled. The earliest we could book was Thurs. We're lucky to have somewhere to stay in the meantime. We thought about getting a train to Paris Mon so we could get a train or another flight from there, but there was a French train strike here Mon, then the UK strike Tues. Very frustrating!

Edited at 04:01 PM.
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I feel your pain.
2 weeks ago we got to Amsterdam airport (sat Morning).
Told Flight was cancelled and join Customer services desk at the other end of the airport.

They had a customer service ticket machine out of order - so after 2 hours they would not deal with anyone without a customer service ticket.

Whilst in the Q I rang KLM uk and i was told no flights until Tuesday.

They said we had to book our own transport extra and claim them back.

We managed to get a ferry back on the sunday.

Currently arguing with KLM to get any money / compensation back

Incidently We think we got covid whilst in the KLM Q - Which I still have and fighting off.

Good Luck with Ryan Air
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

This was mentioned onnGMB this morning. The airline have a duty to get you on the next flight , with any airline to get you to your destination.
Old 23 Jun 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
This was mentioned onnGMB this morning. The airline have a duty to get you on the next flight , with any airline to get you to your destination.
The airport staff couldn't have been less helpful if they tried!
I'm pleased to say we arrived home early this evening. I will be completing a claim form for compensation and the cost of the new flights we had to buy.
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Yep I really get this. We could not use our already paid for Eurostar because we could not get home because of the rail strikes. We then had to book a flight home and a shuttle to get to Charles de Gaulle. On top of that we had almost a 3 hour delay because a couple needing help of the previous flight there was no staff at Manchester airport to assist them. It’s a shambles ..
Everywhere seems to close quite early at cdg too.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Hope everyones ok.
This has never happened to us but it’s one thing I dread and worry about.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

It's just another reason why I now dread travelling.