Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Jun 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 13 - Shopping & Animal Kingdom

The dining report for today is here.

Plans for a late start at AK today so I set the alarm to book FoP for about 4ish then went back to sleep. We took our time getting ready and had coffee and a muffin. By the time everyone was ready we were still hungry so went to the food court as Mum wanted toast. Marie and I had a bagel and cream cheese and Dad one of the breakfast bagels. I forgot to take photos but it wasn't very exciting. We went to find a golf shop Dad wanted to look at and then drove up to Mall at Millennia for a look. They have a Bath & Body Works so we got some of the stuff you can’t get in Next. By the time we left we were hungry and couldn’t decide where to eat. We didn’t want too much as we had Yak & Yeti planned so we ended up at the food court. Mum and Dad had a cinnamon roll and Marie and I split a slice of cheese pizza and fries.

We had a wee rest in the room before heading out to AK about quarter to 4. We paid for preferred parking again and it was well worth it. We headed straight for FoP for the last time this trip. Mum decided she wanted to buy a Banshee for some unknown reason having never seen Avatar and never ridden FoP but I suggested we come back when it was dark. Marie had saw a soft toy dinosaur in Dinoland in a glass case with some other cuddly toys and decided she wanted it but you could only win it at the games in Dinoland. I made a LL for Dinosaur and we rode that then played some of the games to see if Marie could win her dinosaur. I managed to win by a fluke and chose the stegosaurus which she liked too. I didn't win a high enough level for the one she wanted (the green one).

I stole this photo from the internet.

We then wandered round jungle trek where I took one photo

before heading to yak and yeti. We saw this guy on one of the shelves .

We were seated quickly but this time we had an ADR rather than using the Landry card.
We got the Wok Fried Green Beans again to share, just one between the four of us. Mum also wanted wonton soup. For some reason I don't have pictures. I think the beans were gone before I got my phone out .

I chose the Bhaktapur Duck.

This was lovely but with it being on the bone it was difficult to eat.
Dad had the BBQ ribs.

Very messy!
Mum had the sweet and sour chicken.

Marie decided to have the Korean Fried Chicken from the appetiser menu plus a side of chicken fried rice.

This was really nice but the dipping sauce was a bit too spicy for me.

As usual the Yak & Yeti didn't disappoint and we had a lovely meal. No desserts as we were all too full.

We had planned to do the safari but I didn’t check the closing times. By the time we had finished dinner all the animal exhibits where closed. We just had a wander round and waited until it was dark to see Pandora and Mum bought her Banshee.

It seemed to take ages to get dark so we didn't really get to see the park as lit up as we would have liked.

We left the park just before closing and arrived back to this outside our room. We can only assume some kids had got mixed up about what floor they were on.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to seeing Pandora at night👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How lucky to win the dinosaur! Weird that your mum was set on getting a banshee. Your photos of Pandora at dusk are lovely. I haven't planned on going to AK at night, but I'm now regretting that decision as it's such a lovely park at night. Darn it! I'm sure we can fit it in somewhere, I've got in my head that I want to park hop to HS in the evenings after a rest so that we can see GE at night and get on Rise as many times as possible, but I think it's a good idea to sacrifice one of those nights for a chilled out wander at AK.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How lucky to win the dinosaur! Weird that your mum was set on getting a banshee. Your photos of Pandora at dusk are lovely. I haven't planned on going to AK at night, but I'm now regretting that decision as it's such a lovely park at night. Darn it! I'm sure we can fit it in somewhere, I've got in my head that I want to park hop to HS in the evenings after a rest so that we can see GE at night and get on Rise as many times as possible, but I think it's a good idea to sacrifice one of those nights for a chilled out wander at AK.
I wish we had done an evening at DHS but for some reason we didn’t fit it in. I think evenings were less special at that time of year due to the light nights. We’re used to September where it gets dark a bit earlier.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List