Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Thanks to everyone. Well done to both of you on your weight losses.
I do agree about walking but I do find 10000 steps a day a challenge. Easy at weekend but not in the week. I only have a half hour lunch and have a sedentary job ! I would be on my own and don’t live in the best of areas so wouldn’t walk alone at night either.

I did go this morning for an hour and used the treadmill, bike and cross trainer. It was an older group of people in there and I did quite enjoy today but sadly I would usually be at work in the day.

Thanks everyone. It’s not rocket science is it 😂
I do like the sound of free 😊 How long roughly would you be out for a 5k walk please ?
You don't have to go out to do steps. You can step inside the house... I often watch TV and step... or utube videos...I've walked through Vienna Sydney and other capital cities. You can step on the spot while cooking dinner. You'll be surprised how quickly steps add up. Use stairs not lifts. Etc.

It's really about mind over matter and motivation...
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I have a sedentary job too. Lots of colleagues use an Apple Watch etc. encourages them to get up, walk round the office, grab a water etc.
Can you make a sandwich to eat at your desk, and use 25 mins for a walk at lunchtime?
Could you get up an hour earlier and walk in the morning? Kick your your metabolism before work? It’s not easy I know, but if you nail that, you should start to see a difference. Any friends who would walk with you? Or lend you their dog? I have no issues with my steps as I have a dog demanding walks every 5 mins but I do work from home these days
Old 29 Jun 22, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I have a sedentary job too. Lots of colleagues use an Apple Watch etc. encourages them to get up, walk round the office, grab a water etc.
days
I completely second this! My fitbit really helped to kick start and track my weight loss. There's something about having a little computer on your wrist telling you off that really gives you a kick up the bum
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
I completely second this! My fitbit really helped to kick start and track my weight loss. There's something about having a little computer on your wrist telling you off that really gives you a kick up the bum
I think there may be a Fitbit in the house somewhere. I could do with a search.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I do like the sound of free 😊 How long roughly would you be out for a 5k walk please ?
Around 45 mins? I used to have time in my lunch break to change, get round my loop, change again and be back at my desk within the hour. It made me much more productive and much happier too

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Around 45 mins? I used to have time in my lunch break to change, get round my loop, change again and be back at my desk within the hour. It made me much more productive and much happier too
I used to do that too when I lived in Australia and had an hours lunch break - I loved it.
Haven't been able to consistently exercise at lunch since, but I'm wfh now and trying to make some time rather than working from dawn to dusk.
I just managed an online yoga class and feel much better
Old 29 Jun 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Wouldn’t manage this at lunch. I used to be lucky and could walk to work. I easily did over 10k steps a day then. Unfortunately our team was moved to a different location and I have to drive now.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I lost three stone last year by following Weight Watchers and being more active. I'm a member of a gym but don't enjoy the classes, I prefer walking and occasional jogging. I put a bit back on once I started to relax my diet but I just follow the principles of WW and do more exercise when I feel like I want to lose a few lb.

I'll alternate between walking 5km outside and doing a similar distance on a treadmill. The treadmill at the gym is great for if it's too hot or wet outside and I'll watch something on Netflix to make the time pass quicker. 5km takes me about 50 minutes and I'll then do 10 minutes rowing (2 x 5km) and use some of the weight machines to try and tone my arms.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I personally love Slimming World as it works for me - its the only thing I've managed to stick with and there's nothing worse ( my personal opinion ) of having to log / track / calorie count all the time. I've lost over 6st but finding it better by adding in some activity and I've re-found my love of swimming. You'll only stick with it if you really enjoy it otherwise it feels like your pulling teeth
There's a great You Tube channel called Get Fit with Rick - he does loads of walking workouts that you do at home. There are loads of others out there but I like his video's.
Losing weight is so hard but if your determined you'll get there. With a combination of healthy eating and activity you can get the weight losses you want.
One thing I've learned that even after a hiccup is not to give up and keep trying plus be kind to yourself.
Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Air Hercs
Helping Mickey

Aquacise classes can be good, usually a wide age range and range of sizes and ability plus the water is supportive.
Air Hercs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List