Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jul 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Noise help & TUI

We are currently on a TUI holiday and there is work being carried out in a restaurant/hotel across the road from us. The noise is unbearable. We cannot use our balcony and even with the doors shut the noise is awful in our room. I have a 2 year old who needs an afternoon nap and my husband too due to his medication. It has been going on all week, even at the pool the noise can be heard. Tui didnt tell us about this noise before travel. We only booked the holiday 5 weeks ago. I have taken videos. Struggling to get in touch with tui. Is there anything we can do? Currently on the phone trying to get through to tui. Not seen a rep.
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

can you ask front desk for a different room

TUI may not have been told about the work
Old 1 Jul 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

I have been to front desk and they want to charge us more to
Move room but u can hear the noise regardless of what room you are in. Another guest down complaining too.
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
We are currently on a TUI holiday and there is work being carried out in a restaurant/hotel across the road from us. The noise is unbearable. We cannot use our balcony and even with the doors shut the noise is awful in our room. I have a 2 year old who needs an afternoon nap and my husband too due to his medication. It has been going on all week, even at the pool the noise can be heard. Tui didnt tell us about this noise before travel. We only booked the holiday 5 weeks ago. I have taken videos. Struggling to get in touch with tui. Is there anything we can do? Currently on the phone trying to get through to tui. Not seen a rep.
Can Tui really be held responsible for work that is not on the hotel premisis or under their control. They probably didn't know.

Ask your rep for a change of hotel
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Can Tui really be held responsible for work that is not on the hotel premisis or under their control. They probably didn't know.

Ask your rep for a change of hotel
I agree - if tui moved you then you may still be liable extra costs as it really not within their control
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

The rep may not be in the hotel but there should be a number to contact one in resort - where are you?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

you can check when the rep is at the hotel on the tui app
shearwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Sadly TUI aren't responsible for advising hotel guests about building works being carried out on neighbouring properties. However, it's definintely worth speaking to the hotel reception directly to see if they can move your room. There should be a TUI representative that visits the property. Speak to the hotel management for contact information or look for a noticeboard in reception. I would like to think that the hotel will move you to another room, if they have one available. There's always the possibility of TUI moving you to a different location, but there can be surcharges involved.

Edited at 05:13 PM.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by shearwood View Post
She is not back until sunday and we leave on monday
Old 1 Jul 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by shearwood View Post
Thanks, i have sent a message on the app