Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jul 22, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Ulez ? To be explanded

Im reading this today, and work for a london council within their workshop and had no idea this was or could happen.
So the idea is that from August 2023 the ulez will be expanded to the m25, the current low emission zone.
This will geeatly effect myself as i travel 37miles into work, to use public transport i would have to get a train onto fenchurch street and a train out to ilford then a bus into work🤦.
Or change my car, that i have only had for a year , love to bits and have no need to replace.

Will this effect any one else?

haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/cleanair?cid=clean-air
Old 2 Jul 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

All these schemes will be dumped along with Net Zero.

We are heading into an electricity crisis due to escalating energy costs.

We can expect energy rationing and a focus on public transport and WFH.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hopefully they will end that addblue rubbish also.

I can’t see for a second why dumping 10l into my pickup can save the emissions from producing it, sticking it in a plastic container with a plastic spout and transporting it by lorry across the country 🤷
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

I can't believe that a one year old car doesn't meet the ULEZ requirements.

Is your car only a year old or is it older and you've only had it for a year?
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

It's clearly a great money making scheme, surely if vehicles are that bad for the air quality they should be banned. It seems my diesel is putting peoples lives at risk but if I cough up £12.50 a day then it's ok to carry on doing so.

Having said that the punative charges and sheer amount of traffic cameras, speed, red light, box junction, parking and the rest, have changed my approach to visiting London, so I suppose their objective is working.

The one that got me was charging more to park at a meter if you have a diesel... it's parked, not running and therefore not polluting but still I have to pay more.

Back on topic, yes it will hit us as currently we can get right up to Wimbledon and avoid any ULEZ but the new proposals will pretty much restrict the A3 north of Guildford
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We live in Greater London so it will massively affect us. We will not be able to drive one of our cars down the road without paying the daily charge!
Our second car is a 2014 BMW, so not exactly ancient. We were planning on driving it into the ground but will have to sell it soon otherwise it will be worthless in our area. We are very fortunate that we can afford to change cars but I know many that this will put them into further financial trouble.
One friend has said she’ll have to take out a loan - as a single parent she can only just afford to put food on the table!

It’s a completely ridiculous hair brained idea and Sadiq Khan needs to be stopped. If the Tories came up with this idea he’d be the first to object saying how out of touch they are with the electorate!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossyhub
Helping Minnie

The proposal is to expand the ULEZ zone to the edge of the Greater London Boundary only, NOT to the M25. There are significant areas between Greater London and the M25 that do not fall within Sadiq Khan's remit as they are not within London Boroughs.
Old 2 Jul 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
this expansion is a massive joke, the have your say page will make no difference. it will go ahead regardless. My aunt is in her 70's and back in 2019 she bought a nice little 2011 automatic kia with some pension money she got after her husband died. She only uses it 4 evenings a week to visit her son and daughter but the ulez expansion will stop that. £50 a week to drive 10 minutes up the road and back. Its going to massively effect her independence.

With the cost of living crisis the mayor and government seem to just want to add to peoples misery.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I live just outside Greater London. About once a month I go shopping in a nearby town that is just within the Greater London boundary. Once the ulez is expanded I will take my business elsewhere.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

My van is ulez compliant one of the reasons I bought it but I checked both of my cars yesterday and they both are which surprised me even my 2013 petrol !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List