Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jan 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneyfanlincs View Post
I like the optimism of some of responses and hope they’re correct and I’m wrong. However I think things will stay changed and I’m really sad. DME, EMH and FP were a big deal to us staying on site.
The 3 things you mention above weren't included in the original post. That was just discussing parades, fireworks, character meets, and DDP.

We know DME and EMH are gone. Disney will not be providing these for the forseeable future. We don't know what's happening with FP yet.

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
A lot of people seem to think that masks will be around for the whole of 2021 and partially 2022. I sincerely hope that this is not the case 🙈
I hope the use of masks doesn't extend into much of 2022. At the moment I'm tentatively considering visiting in 2022, either just after Easter or September, depending on how things go.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

If things stay as they are I really don't see many people staying on site at Disney with no benefits. It's really not worth the extra money at all.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

I’m really not sure if it will. Things change all the time and we get used to it I suppose. I’m off to change my countdown to 2023 can’t even see next year being normal. 🤣🤦🏻
Old 25 Jan 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Yes and no.

Things like facemasks, even if not enforced, will become a more common habit amongst guests-and i suspect even when its no longer obligatory, Disney will permit this in its costume code for staff.

Cashless and mobile ordering is hear to stay and will be the norm in the future.

I think the use of park reservations in some capacity will become much more common, especially at high capacity periods... even after this is all done, i think the general awareness and reticence with regard to crowds is going to become a cultural constant and Disney will reflect that.

Limited seating in shows and firework shows will become the norm.

Outdoor dining is going to be much more common.

Policing of crowds at Parades, unheard of previously, will possibly become a thing for the reasons stated above-it might even be that only select areas will be set aside for Parade Viewing-gone might be the days where the entire roadside through the parks will be set aside for Parade viewing.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

With regard to the facemasks, Universal have done some filming of Velocicoaster with everyone sat next to each other not wearing masks for when masks are no longer needed. This makes me hopeful that come 2022, mask wearing will be up to the individual person and not a necessity.

I last went in 2004 as a teenager and hubby in 1994 as a teenager, so for us we never experienced Fast Passes/Magical Express. We are booked for 2022 to go back with our kids (first time for them, but I say kids they are 9, 18 and 21 haha) so long as Character Meets, Parades and Fireworks were back and we didn't need to wear a face mask. We are also staying off site so the DDP isn't a factor in us going back.
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I would be quite happy for parade and firework viewing to be socially distanced, particularly if they can institute a section for ‘no kids on shoulders, ipads at eyeline or people taller than me’ also! I hate being pushed and shoved in a crowd.

Or institute the Tokyo system - everyone sits down, and those who can’t sit on the ground stand at the back and have a perfect view!

Edited at 12:57 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
If things stay as they are I really don't see many people staying on site at Disney with no benefits. It's really not worth the extra money at all.
We are considering the ‘good neighbour’ type hotels near Disney Springs. We don’t drive and would only want to do Disney.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
This makes me hopeful that come 2022, mask wearing will be up to the individual person and not a necessity.
Once face masks are no longer necessary I really can't see many people wearing them, if any. The vast majority will go back to the old ways.

Like you, I hope that by, say, Spring 2022 mask wearing is no longer necessary.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I feel that Disney (and many other businesses in all walks of life), have used the pandemic to institute changes that they have desired for many years on a financial basis, but have shied away from as they would have been unpopular with customers and therefore affected income stream.

It is pretty clear that Disney have no trouble at all in selling WDW and all things associated with it as they have been able to ramp up prices whilst removing perks even before Covid reared its head.. and whilst increasing profits at the same time. Covid has given them ample excuse to go further.

There will be plenty of pent up demand as Disney re opens and there is little doubt that they will exploit it as any other business would. By the time that things settle down, people will have forgotten all the things that used to be taken for granted, but will by then have gone.. forever.

Why give away things that you do not need to?
Why give away things that you can charge money for?

At the end of the day, Disney is a business with responsibilities to shareholders and who expect dividends. They are neither philanthropic or a charity. They are a business that sells a product.

If Disney could bottle and sell this ‘pixie dust’ that DIBBERS frequently mention, then I have no doubt that they would.. and there is nothing wrong in that.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:01 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It is pretty clear that Disney have no trouble at all in selling WDW and all things associated with it as they have been able to ramp up prices whilst removing perks even before Covid reared its head.. and whilst increasing profits at the same time. Covid has given them ample excuse to go further.
The COVID situation is a bit different. The Disney Parks are currently making large losses. Most of the parks are closed, and at WDW they are limiting capacity (not to mention that people are staying away from the parks at the moment). This means they aren't making anything like the money they used to.

Therefore, WDW needs to save money however it can in order to reduce losses.

Some of the changes are due to that. So, for example, the lack of fireworks will be saving Disney some money. Oh, they'll explain it's done due to social distancing considerations and not wanting large crowds in the Hub and Main Street at the end of the day. But it's also done to save $$$.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your post.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:32 PM.