Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 Nov 12, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
8 days of paid for DDP plus the rest, November 2012.

I decided to start this years dining report earlier before my memory dissolves! Those of you who read last years will find this very familiar as we're creatures of habit! I tried to remember to take photos but there are some missing. There's me and my sister Marie and I'll do my best to describe Marie's food as usually the best I get is "good" or "awwright". Awwright means it was edible but nothing to write home about!

Travel day (and the evening before).

Dinner the evening before travel was at the Wetherspoons at Edinburgh Airport. We were staying at the Hilton Edinburgh Airport as our flight was 6.20 am. They had their own restaurant but we had headed over to the airport to see how long the walk was and realised we were hungry when we got there. Having been to Wetherspoons before we knew we'd be fairly safe. I chose fish & chips and Marie lasagne with a side of chips. The fish was battered haddock and one of the nicest pieces of fish I've had. The batter and the chips were just ok but the fish more than made up for them. Marie said the lasagne was nice so I had a little bit to try. It was nice enough but I've had better. No photos as I didn't have my camera.

Breakfast the day of travel was on the flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick given it was so early although I did have a piece of shortbread that we got with the tea/coffee making stuff in the hotel! The food on the flight was a cooked breakfast which was to quote Marie, awwright. It filled a gap. We were booked into the No.1 lounge in the North terminal so took advantage of the food on offer. We both had a bacon roll and some pastries. The food was just ok and I don't think it would be reason enough for me to book an airport lounge in the future but it meant we didn't have to buy any.
Our next meal was on the flight to Tampa. Choices were chicken curry, sausage and mash or pasta in a "creamy" sauce. We both chose the pasta. It was actually quite tasty although Marie didn't think much of it. We also got a small smoked salmon salad but I didn't eat the salmon. Dessert was a Lily O'Brien chocolate mousse which was also nice. Later we got "afternoon tea" which consisted of a chicken salad sandwich and a breakaway biscuit. The sandwich was lovely and on a par with a Greggs chicken salad sandwich.

When we arrived at Pop we were knackered and hungry so ended up with chicken nuggets. No pictures as we were too tired to remember! It was standard Disney chicken nuggets. Just ok. It cost us a counter service credit which in hindsight was probably a waste. We picked up our refillable mugs and got a bottle of water as our drink with our meal for the next day. We decided for dessert to get muffins for breakfast in the next day to keep us going until our ADR at Tusker House as we knew we'd be up really early!
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List