Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jul 23, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
our holiday
Helping Donald

MK advice for today please !

Hi,

We are going to MK today for 4th July celebration! We have just managed to get group 1 for Tron, which is good but also we are worried about lasting until the fireworks with our children and think it will be very long day for everyone - never thought we'd get early group!.

I'm thinking if we stay parked in MK but get transport to perhaps a resort to eat and break up the day. Can anyone advise of options please? We don't want to move the car as it will be mega busy getting back in and parked. Thank you
our holiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Walk over to Contemporary or Grand Floridian.

I hear the parks are very quiet, attendance has collapsed, I will be interested to hear your take on what is typically one of the busiest days of the year.
Old 4 Jul 23, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
our holiday
Helping Donald

Thank you, I will report back. We were absolutely shocked at getting group 1, we done the same procedure for virtual queue yesterday for GOG and got group 71 and Epcot wasn't too busy, we genuinely thought we wouldn't get in the MK Tron for today!
our holiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by our holiday View Post
Thank you, I will report back. We were absolutely shocked at getting group 1, we done the same procedure for virtual queue yesterday for GOG and got group 71 and Epcot wasn't too busy, we genuinely thought we wouldn't get in the MK Tron for today!
That’s fab enjoy 4th July in MK ❤️🙌🇺🇸

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
our holiday
Helping Donald

Thank you 😁
Old 4 Jul 23, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As mentioned, head to one of the monorail resorts (Contemporary, Grand Floridian, or Polynesian) or get a boat to the Wilderness Lodge. You can leave your car in the parking lot.

Or, if you want to go further afield, then you could get a Disney bus from outside MK to any of the other resorts. But it'll be quicker to go to one of the closer resorts.

Hope you have a great day!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi
We did MK Yesterday- it was surprisingly ok for crowd levels
No worse than a normal day in July
Fireworks were very good so worth the effort…
Just drink plenty of water and get some AC every couple of hours 😀
In Epcot today also crowd levels seem ok - I don’t think Disney are getting the crowds they would hope for…
Highest q time is 60 mins which is ok any day for July at 1pm
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City

Edited at 06:04 PM.
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 23, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
our holiday
Helping Donald

Hi, we had to get to TRON before 9.45am for virtual Queue 1 and we just made it beeping in at 9.45! I believe they let you on if late but we were worried they wouldn't. The ride was busier than last Saturday when we first went on TRON getting group 5, I'd say we only stood in the virtual queue line about 15/20 mins today though.

We ended up going back to the villa around 2pm for a cool down in the pool, we were struggling with the heat and wouldn't have made it for the fireworks. It definitely was the highest crowd level we've seen and at times felt a lot weaving through the crowd in the heat however ride times were not too crazy, highest I seen was 7DMT at 90mins. Fireworks were good and we went on 7DMT after the fireworks and waited about 50mins, it showed 60 mins as we went into the line and changed to 85min as we stood in line.

I was looked at the wait times in other parks around 3/4pm and HWS seemed very low wait times, lowest times I've seen. I've heard that morning's in parks are quiet the day after the 4th and hoped to utilise this however everyone's exhausted so we won't push it.