Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you would be mad to travel against foreign office warning. Second wave when you are in France? Locked out of UK with no insurance or repatriation. Have an accident and need to curtail holiday? Good luck with that.

If you have insurance I would look at leveraging a change in holiday to a point when FO advice isn't against travel.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
I think you would be mad to travel against foreign office warning. Second wave when you are in France? Locked out of UK with no insurance or repatriation. Have an accident and need to curtail holiday? Good luck with that.

If you have insurance I would look at leveraging a change in holiday to a point when FO advice isn't against travel.
I would not go against FCO advice so not sure if this was aimed at me but I’ve never said I would. If FCO still say we can’t go then obviously we won’t be going!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

No, a different poster. Plus, there is no Ireland quarantine avoidance. You need to stay in the CTA for a minimum of 14 days to qualify for quarantine avoidance. The loophole was closed.
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Has there been anything offical from dlp yet? We have a booking 29th aug and as we will be taking my dad for his first trip id really like to push it back to next year but at the moment eurostar will not allow us to move our tickets without charge.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
No, a different poster. Plus, there is no Ireland quarantine avoidance. You need to stay in the CTA for a minimum of 14 days to qualify for quarantine avoidance. The loophole was closed.
And if you read my posts you will see it states I'd only travel if covered by insurance. Also at the time of posting the rules were different. Though RoI currently still have (and sensibly have done for months) a quarantine requirement, that also covers GB arrivals.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I rang today to see if I could make restaurant bookings for November but she said I would need to wait until the park was actually open. Fair enough, I just didn't want to miss out if they were taking those calls especially if they decide to impose capacity restrictions.

She said they are waiting for the go-ahead from the government to open as part of the orange phase and are hopeful for mid-July. I notice on the website that you can book a package from 15th July onwards but nothing before.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

My kids are meant to be performing at Disneyland Paris in October half term and we have had an email today to say they are confident they will be open by the summer and so our trip will be able to go ahead in Oct.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

It is extremely hard to get insurance that will cover you against FO advice. The reason I know this is that my brother in law is a oil rig dive inspector, he regularly flies and keeps his ear to the ground. Even his commercial insurance has a caveat (it came up in conversation back in march as I wondered how he was getting around even as a key worker).

So far he hasn't flown from the UK during covid.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
Old 8 Jun 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Mobile

I phoned at around 3pm today and got straight through, think it only actually rang once!
Our balance was due today for our trip on 17th August. The CM I spoke to was lovely but said they still have no idea of when they’ll be reopening 🤷🏼 She gave me the option of cancelling and full deposit refund, move dates (amendment fee waived) or move the balance due date to 35 days before we’re due to arrive. We’ve gone for the latter as if they’re open and we can get in the country then we’ll definitely be going.
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Any update on when the Park might reopen?
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List