Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My dad was a electrician. If he wasnt paid he d offer to put it back how it was ...
Soon got paid lmao
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando_newbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Happens to my self employed DH often too. He spends far too much of his time chasing up overdue payments from inconsiderate people. I’m sure they’d never go to the supermarket and say I’ll pay for this at the end of the month when I get paid.

Sept 2015 - Terrace Ridge; July 2013 - Bella Vida;
June/July 2011 & 2012 - Sandy Ridge; June 2010 - Floridays Resort
orlando_newbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlando_newbie View Post
Happens to my self employed DH often too. He spends far too much of his time chasing up overdue payments from inconsiderate people. I’m sure they’d never go to the supermarket and say I’ll pay for this at the end of the month when I get paid.
In fairness I don't usually have problems getting payment, and it's only around a one way economy flight to Orlando.

I am selective who I work to and I'm usually good at quickly sussing out the idiots.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Many years ago, in the 80's my mate, who was a plumber, got called out to a local convenience store the evening before good Friday. He fixed the leak and when he asked for payment the shop owner argued it was too expensive and he did not have enough money, despite the shop being busy the whole time Adrian was there. After half an hour arguing he simply got his drill out and drilled a hole in the pipe he'd just repaired and walked out. He never heard anymore about it.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Segdude View Post
Many years ago, in the 80's my mate, who was a plumber, got called out to a local convenience store the evening before good Friday. He fixed the leak and when he asked for payment the shop owner argued it was too expensive and he did not have enough money, despite the shop being busy the whole time Adrian was there. After half an hour arguing he simply got his drill out and drilled a hole in the pipe he'd just repaired and walked out. He never heard anymore about it.
That is brilliant
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Happens to my dad all the time, the worst one was his neighbour who moved before paying, he never saw them again!

Unused to be a childminder and loads of people ask to pay in a week or two as money is tight. Cos childminders are so well paid 🙄
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Helped my pal who is a plumber when the big freeze was on a few years ago, one guy had water coming out a burst pipe into his garage squealing help me, got there at 2 in the morning my mate said crimp the pipe, crimped, water stopped to which this idiot said Well why did i need you , my mate turned to me and said see how people are. Then had the audacity to say can I pay next week aye ok pal you want it to start leaking again .
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I did a job for a customer recently, and I emailed them the invoice and got a reply asking if they can pay me in a month's time as things are tight.

I do have to laugh at people who get a self employed tradmesman in to do a job without them having the funds to pay them.

I am not desperate for the money (which is a good job), but I wouldn't dream of having someone in to do a job for me if I didn't have the funds available.

I am not annoyed, angry or upset (I thought I better clarify that), but I do find some peoples outlook a bit strange.
As today is the 30th May I would have been happy to reply to the customer saying thanks for your note, I understand times are hard and on this occasion I will extend payment terms until next month.

Please pay the invoice in full by the 1st day of next month, Saturday 1st June.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

I’m an active Member on some Facebook nail groups, and the amount of people who say ‘money’s tight, can you do my nails and I’ll pay you next week, or I’ve left my wallet, card and phone at home, I’ll drop the money to you later’ is madness, it’s not masses of money, but if you can’t afford it, you can’t go expecting someone to cater for you for free, iou ect.
I think it’s been said but you don’t go get a trolley of shopping at Tesco and say ‘sorry I’ll pay you next week’.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

MH where are you based? I will soon have a house that needs rewired. I pay promptly and supply homemade cake throughout the job😉

I hate it when tradespeople don’t tell me what I owe them straight away. I felt guilty last week as I was ill and had to cancel my nail and facial appointment on the day and wasn’t charged - that was an hour and a half that they may not have been able to rebook.

I guess although there are benefits to being self employed, there are also disadvantages.
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List