Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Apr 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Creative projects - post yours!

One thing this is definitely giving me is the gift of time! Normally I'd be marking GCSE coursework and desperately trying to get year 11 into school for revision sessions. None of that this year, so this bank holiday weekend I used the time to record a cover of 'Valerie' using Logic Pro X (admins - this isn't promotion for my youtube channel or anything. Seriously, no one wants to pay money to listen to this! Purely for fun! )

Apologies for my dodgy singing! I'm a music teacher by background. Husband is a senior nurse in the NHS and music is his relaxation. He plays a variety of brass instruments.

We played all the tracks live except drums (which were programmed in). Me on vocals, piano, guitar, flugelhorn, bass guitar. Husband recorded two trombone parts for me and then I mixed them on Logic Pro X.

In all seriousness though, it's the arts that have kept me going through all this and I've loved seeing people's creative projects. If you've got anything you've done that's creative and want to post, I'd love to see them.

So - here's mine - enjoy!

Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Kim, that's amazing. What a talented pair you are

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That was so good a great use of your time! I am not musical at all, but i love interior design and luckily had wallpaper and paint here for a bedroom project its kept me busy.
An extra thank you to Phil who’s job must be extra stressful at this time.
Old 14 Apr 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Kim, that's amazing. What a talented pair you are
Ah thank you! I'm just enjoying playing with Logic Pro X, if I'm honest! It's also a good use of my time as I'm teaching A level music tech. I don't do the recording module (that's the other music teacher) as I'm doing the synth design bit, so it's nice to do a bit of recording. Only borrowed one microphone from school though, so I'm a little bit limited!

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
That was so good a great use of your time! I am not musical at all, but i love interior design and luckily had wallpaper and paint here for a bedroom project its kept me busy.
An extra thank you to Phil who’s job must be extra stressful at this time.
Thanks - anything we can do in terms of projects to keep us going I think is helpful at the moment

Phil is working silly hours (worked friday and monday as well of the BH) and playing is a good stress relief for him. We usually play in a brass band together on a Thursday and Sunday, but unfortunately that's all had to stop (along with everything else) so at least this keeps us playing. He plays euphonium mainly and hadn't touched a trombone in a couple of years before the weekend, so at least that gave him a bit of a challenge
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That’s brilliant Kim, you’re both very talented!
I can imagine Phil is exhausted. My SIL is a senior midwife, but is helping out in ICU and my BIL a paramedic working out of a London hospital so are both working all the overtime there is.

As far as creative projects go I’m the same as Jools. I haven’t a musical bone in my body but love decorating and interior projects so that’s kept me going whilst I’m not working.
So far I’ve decorated the downstairs toilet, bannisters, living room and our bedroom.
Next up the kids bedrooms, but I need them to get out of them first 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This is one we’ve got round to now.

We bought the map online and the lockdown has given us chance to pick though lots of our travel photos over the years and make this feature of one of our walls. We’d seen some online and I’ve wanted to do our own for quite a while now.

Really like it and we’ve said we’ll change the photos over time to add on and put other places we’ve been fortunate to visit. Whilst we can’t travel at the minute it’s been good to relive the places and memories from where we’ve been.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post

We bought the map online and the lockdown has given us chance to pick though lots of our travel photos over the years and make this feature of one of our walls. We’d seen some online and I’ve wanted to do our own for quite a while now.

Really like it and we’ve said we’ll change the photos over time to add on and put other places we’ve been fortunate to visit. Whilst we can’t travel at the minute it’s been good to relive the places and memories from where we’ve been.
Thats an amazing idea. I can't do that in my current house but definitely something to consider when we move. Love it
Old 19 Apr 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post

What a fab idea and you’ve put it together so well.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

We have been doing lots of gardening and decorating, until all our supplies ran out, so apart from working from home, we dusted off the 3D printer, which since it was gifted at Christmas from me to my husband has only made a cat Keyring, and a 2” high Baby Yoda we are printing these off for local care homes, they are mask extenders and help relieve pressure on the ears from face masks.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
We have been doing lots of gardening and decorating, until all our supplies ran out, so apart from working from home, we dusted off the 3D printer, which since it was gifted at Christmas from me to my husband has only made a cat Keyring, and a 2” high Baby Yoda we are printing these off for local care homes, they are mask extenders and help relieve pressure on the ears from face masks.

Wow, that's fab, well done!

Loving the interior design posts as well. I love music and am creative that way, but when it comes to the house and garden then it's minimal and functional! Always envious of those who have lovely looking homes