Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

I am overweight and must admit I wished I’d lost the couple of stone I had in mind after Christmas I wouldn’t feel so scared of catching the virus if I had.

Calamari only if it’s in seafood pasta/risotto.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
1) obesity, quite often a result of poverty so government should tackle that first
2) calamari - love it but maybe after question 1 not deep fried.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

1 - Healthier food needs to be cheaper. We do weight watchers and I get on really well with it, but the cost of food on it, is definitely more (I don’t eat WW food - it’s disgusting! ) but conscious choices about food do cost us a lot more.

2 - absolutely not.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

The government could help by making learning to cook part of the curriculum again. I learned how to make balanced, nutritious meals at school and I believe that's the reason I'm not a big junk food fan. I enjoy planning and cooking meals my family enjoy and having the odd takeaway is a rare treat rather than the norm. That all said, I do have a few extra pounds to shift but that's my responsibility to exercise more and control portion-sizes

Calamari =
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Mobile

1. The govt. is not responsible for tackling obesity however it would help if they legislated so healthy food was cheaper and easier to obtain and unhealthy food wasn’t so prevalent. I work for a Dutch company and they make it so easy to eat healthily. No chips, crisps, sweets etc available to buy in the office. Staff restaurant has loads of lovely salad, soup etc all reasonably priced. At the train station loads of prepared fruit right up front near the cash register, small selection of sweets right in the back. And don’t get me started on everyone cycling, work / life balance so people have time to exercise. We could learn a lot.

2. No. One of those things I want to like but just don’t
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I agree folk need to learn to cook a bit more. It’s all too easy to order food in and not know just how much you are consuming calorie wise. Ok with co vid you can’t get out shopping as much as before, but there’s more time to learn how to cook and do exercise. I agree also that it’s a personal thing.

Calamari... YUK 🥴
Old 17 May 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

Totally agree with the back to basics cooking. I know somebody who has two teenagers and the Just Eat app on her phone is their larder. I am no fan of Jamie Oliver but he was spot on a couple of years ago deterring people from buying processed crap and cooking from scratch. Also to all the "over weighters" it is not the fat on the outside its the fat on the inside. My mate is 9 stone wet thru and had a 8.9 cholesterol reading me I'm 10 and a half stone fat as butter but my cholesterel is 2.8. I also think its cheaper to cook from scratch.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Obesity, people have to take personal responsibility for what they eat and accept their choices may have a detrimental affect in their health

Calamari no
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List